'Senna' the movie

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by stucar17, Jan 6, 2012.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    watched this movie last night and i cant recommend it highly enough.

It was a great insight into the world of formula one, and the politics of it, even then, will blow you away. Some of the in-car footage in the old cars with no aids blew me away. Man he was good.

Anyone else seen it, what were your thoughts, if you haven't seen it, get down to the shops and get it.....a great great watch.

Stu
  2. Mad94d

Mad94d Madison Down

PSN ID
    mad94d
    I loved it. I reckon it was easily one of the best documentary style movies i've ever seen.

As you say Stu, I'd highly recommend it to everyone to watch.
  3. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Thanks for the recommendation guys, I'll make sure to check it out ;)
  4. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    +10000000

An excellent watch.
    One thing I took out of it is what an amazing job has been done to improve safety since then. Some of the incidents they show I found to be quite confronting.

Senna was a little bit before my time, I would have only been in primary school and didn't follow racing very closely then, so it was amazing to watch how they used to race in those days.
    Would definately be good to see some aspects of it return to modern day F1 because they are poles apart in some respects.
    Seeing Senna and Prost (i think) just sitting on the couch, in normal clothes, having a chat during an interview.. Could you imagine Hamilton/Vettel doing that these days? Heck no.
  5. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Senna was my hero, the movie had me in tears in parts...even though i'd seen most of the footage before. The way is was done was very touching.
  6. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

If you're interested in the golden years of F1, I highly recommend watching this http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xmlzni_grand-prix-the-killer-years_auto

It really highlights how hard it was to make the sport safe when part of the spectacle of watching was the hope that there would be crashes....and the crowds just flowed through the gates hoping to see carnage.
  7. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    I see Senna in the cinema, and liked it so much, I also hired it on dvd. There is also a couple of good Senna doco's on Youtube if anyone is interested.

I definitely think modern f1 should take a few steps backward. Maybe give them less aero, but more hp and mechanical grip.
  8. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Ya Beau...like the late 80s...
  9. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

I have heard very good things about this, yet to see it though. Should be seeing it next week.
  10. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    About 6 months ago I was lucky enough to get my hands on the unedited 2hr and 40min version that is packed full of interviews and extra footage. Got the DVD for xmas and although missing a lot of cool stuff, was still a great watch. Highly recommend it. Also, if you ever get three wishes, these feet should be one (maybe not in the Italian loafers though?).
  11. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Love that video Anon, it's one of my favorites!
  12. Juzzo

Juzzo Administrator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

PSN ID
    Juzzotec
    Awesome documentary, love Senna :)
  13. Woody

Woody Team Driver

PSN ID
    DrMoose007
    I've got an ex rental copy of this if anyone wants it. Happy to post it to you at no cost (disc only to save coin). I've seen it enough times. Let me know before it gets donated :)
  14. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    Its on Netflix now
    Woody likes this.
  15. Woody

Woody Team Driver

PSN ID
    DrMoose007
    I k
    I know - was just throwing it out there. Having a massive cleanout and uncovered some car/racing related stuff I had forgotten about.
    Peter Wise likes this.
  16. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    Speaking of Netflix, has everyone seen the preview for the new F1 doco they are releasing in the next few days? I’m so keen for it
  17. Woody

Woody Team Driver

PSN ID
    DrMoose007
    Keen to see it. Shame. Mercedes and Ferrari refused to be part of it