GT-Sport [Completed] RaceOnOz Endurance Championship

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by REVO_Bryan, Jan 1, 2018.

?

Track selection: Which circuits would you most like to add to the WES calendar?

Poll closed Jan 26, 2018.
  1. Dragon Trail

66.7%
  2. Autodrome Lago Maggiore

38.1%
  3. Kyoto Driving Park - Yamagiwa

28.6%
  4. Alsace Village

9.5%
  5. Brands Hatch GP Circuit

23.8%
  6. Autodromo de Interlagos

42.9%
  7. Nurburgring GP

47.6%
  8. Willow Springs International - Big Willow

4.8%
  9. Suzuka

38.1%
  10. Mount Panorama

81.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    We are now the Raconoz Stewart(d)s Team. Hat , Jono and me
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  2. Mezign

Mezign Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    #666? :roflmao:
    RHINO11 likes this.
  3. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

May as well not race then. Or just make up our penalties now and get it out the way
  4. Mezign

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    Why do you think I've set the series up with in game penalties? ;)
  5. Mezign

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    Another two teams signed up. Welcome to our new ROOZ members from SRL.

We've got a very healthy ratio of interested drivers locked in to teams already. Only 5 drivers who have expressed interest yet to secure a drive. Very encouraging signs of a strong competitive series. :thumbsup:
  6. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Jono is our team captain now and our number is 349
    Mezign likes this.
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    A taste of inspiration for the stewart(d)s team livery
    [​IMG]
    CaptainRisky21, Mezign and emmo46 like this.
  8. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Dear team.
    I wanna run the mclaren.
    Knucks
    Mezign likes this.
  9. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Mez what is the possibility of allowing TCS... most of the higher div boys believe it slows them down and would not think about using it... but for myself and possibly some the lower div guys to be competitive it would keep us in the game and somewhere near the quicker guys.
  10. Mezign

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    Nope nope nope. Car setup is open and rounds are 12 weeks apart. More than enough time to work out how to either not prematurely accel-jaculate, or loosen your diff and extend lower gears. I've opened compound combinations as well. So many things you can do to sort out traction issues. You'll work it out. :thumbsup:
    Tristan Jones and CaptainRisky21 like this.
  11. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

1st round changing to new blue moon road course. Good idea mez
    Mezign likes this.
  12. Mezign

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    Blue Moon Infield A Reverse. (clockwise direction) - much more interesting corner sequence than the forward direction, and pit doesn't feed you out into a high speed braking zone with changing camber.
    Tristan Jones likes this.
  13. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Lock it in mezy
  14. Mezign

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    **A message for all team managers**
    @pat65 @Captain_Risky_21 @Motors560 @Jcp @JonoStan96 @Viperzed

Hey guys,

A few weeks before the team applications close (race start of Round 6 of S2) and the live car draw is run (immediately after round 7 of S2). For transparency and equal opportunity for teams to be awarded their preferred car choice I'm asking each of you to complete the form that I've PM'd to you with your top 8 selections from the available field. If you want to keep your selection close to your chest until the draw I'm not placing any requirement for this to be completed until before the start of Round 7. I'm simply giving each of you the opportunity to understand how the draw will work and provide feedback on any concerns you may have with the selection process.

Here's how the draw will work;

1. All teams must complete the car selection draw form before the start of round 7.
    2. I will run a live stream on twitch or youtube with an online random number selection tool with each teams race number being drawn one by one.
    3. As each number is drawn at random the corresponding team's first available choice will be locked in as their car for the season.

Only 8 choices are required as there is a maximum of 16 teams with a maximum 2 cars available from each manufacturer.
    If a team fails to meet the form lodge deadline they forfeit the draw and will be offered from the selection that remains after the draw is complete in order of date that the team applied for the series.

I'm sure most of you have already discussed your preference with your team mates so the first few choices should be fairly easy to make.

Have fun. Thanks for signing up. Great variety of teams and drivers so far. Should make for a great season. :D
    Jcp and CaptainRisky21 like this.
  15. Mezign

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    Series number boards are now available to use. You will note the inclusion of the Hankook logo. I will be making it a requirement that all teams run a control tyre for this series until it can be established whether there are similar differences in tyre performance between manufacturers as found with changing rim size. I've chosen Hankook to be the control tyre because they are not affiliated with any of the main series sponsored team, and have a large variety of decals available to suit most placements (curved, stacked, logo only, text only, etc).

For numbers, please attempt to achieve an 80% contrast with both the number board and the livery colours surrounding the board so that your number is easily visible. White on black, and, black on white is fine. However if you feel that the number is lost with the surrounding colours a dayglow yellow/green (HSB: 23-0-0) or red/orange (HSB: 5-0-0) works well too.

[​IMG]

Link to my decal gallery: https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/user/profile/1021604/gallery/decal
    Alternatively you can find them with the tag 'rec2018'.
  16. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
    Mezign likes this.
  17. Mezign

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    OP has been updated with all additional information and updates to regulations discussed to this point. Please take a look to review any changes you may have missed.
  18. Mezign

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    I'm noticing a lot of people struggling with long races on Sunday nights - Div4 chat currently very vocal. Would any of the the current sign-ups have an issue with moving this series permanently to a Saturday night competition to ensure we're not running late on a work night?

19. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    FYI only your first 5 tags will get an alert unless they are watching this thread
    Mezign likes this.
  20. CAB77

CAB77 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    Personally I'd prefer a Saturday. Even if I work the Sunday after a race it doesn't matter as it's a Sunday and no Boss's are there.