GT-Sport [Completed] 2019 RaceOnOz WORLD ENDURANCE TOUR Powered By Hi-Tec Oils

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by JonoStan96, Nov 11, 2018.

1. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Room is live.
    razor4797 for those that don’t have me added
  2. bluexephos22

bluexephos22 Rookie

PSN ID
    BlueXephos22
    Got autospun by about a nanometre of grass going in a straight line. Seems like a decent race so far for y'all, good luck to everyone still going.
  3. razor4797

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Did you disconnect or just quit?
  4. bluexephos22

bluexephos22 Rookie

PSN ID
    BlueXephos22
    Quit
  5. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Gutted to see you leave but saw that spun, major bs
  6. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Went into this race massively underprepared, with a car change the day before putting me straight to the back, with little practice time ( my own doing )

Had a great opening lap, passing 5 cars from my penalty spit at the rear of grid. Then after 45 mins or so my brain just had a few fade outs costing me minutes in repair times. Eventually i spat it and quit. Disappointing considering i love the track. Last night just wasnt my night.

On the positive, i got off the grid with no issues, and the room in general was smooth to get underway.

Onto Bathurst with time to practice.
    JonoStan96 and razor4797 like this.
  7. razor4797

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Couldn’t have really asked for a better race. Everything just came together for @Viperzed and I.
    A lot of practice, strategising and tweaking the setup really paid off.
    Going into the race we were wary of Xephos’ pace and consistency, Risky’s speed and excellent fuel economy and Itz’s hidden pace.
    Fortunately I nailed the start and left Xephos for dead, and he lost out in the first chicane to a few cars.
    Risky stayed with me for the first lap until I ever so slowly started to pull away.

Viper jumped in the car at half race distance with about a 40-second gap back to 2nd.
    I don’t think I’ve had an experience like that where consistency was so good. Every lap in my stint was within 1.5 seconds of one another, and Viper wasn’t far off that either. We brought home the chequered flag 1min24sec in front of Motors and Risky who fought it out right until the end.

Props to @Easyprey007 for staying the 3 hours. I know it’s tough when your race is done, but well done for sticking around.
    Hard luck for @ItzRacing95 with that pit stop. Definitely ruined what could have been a 4th place finish.

On another note, it seems that we did not encounter any network/connection issues last night. I can continue to host the races I will be attending if that is okay by you guys.

See you all in 2 weeks at Bathurst. Yewww :D
  8. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Firstly, congrats to the DS4 Dream Team @razor4797 & @Viperzed, absolutely flawless effort by you guys, a performance like that around N24 for 3hrs is extremely difficult to pull off but you guys proved it could be done. Congrats.

Oh what could've been. I came into this one knowing that @bluexephos22 was my first obstacle, and gladly I managed to jump him off the start to go 2nd into the chicane. What I didn't factor in was the absolutely perfect start by a quick RC-F in the hands of @Motors560 to maje it 2 wide into the chicane with myself somehow coming out in front of him coming onto the Nordschleife. I knew that he would have a tough time following me, so I put him out of my mind and focused on the Muutang ahead of me. Sadly it was quicker everywhere so I put my attention back to the Lexus behind.

Motors got me into T1 lap 2 after a measured approach and we both got away cleanly. I tried my best to get him back on the GP course but to no avail. I sat patiently behind him, hoping for a mistake but still making sure that I didn't make one myself. The gap fluctuated between scraping bumpers through the fast stuff to 2.5 secs through the middle of the lap pretty much every time until lap 7. This was where I reeled him in, I'm assuming due to better tyre life, and pressured him into a mistake at the fast left hand sweeper before the Karussel section. He ran a smidge wide and I slid right past into 2nd. I knew I was pitting on lap 8 so I sent it for the rest of my stint to take advantage of the extra tyre life I had. I also somehow had an extra lap of fuel in the tank so after the pitstop round the gap to DS4 Dream Team was ~17 secs and Motors was 9 secs behind. This is where my partner @CaptainRisky21 stepped in.

All was going smoothly on the outlap until my partner put it in the wall at Metsgesfeld and immediately lost the 9 secs gap back to Motors (and @ItzRacing95, who had caught up) and limped around the rest of the track until he could throw some spanners at the front aero and magically fix it. I left him in the car as this mistake was probably a one off (luckily it was) and noticed that @JonoStan96 had stopped at the exit of T2, and I assumed that he had binned it and was waiting for me to pass before he putted back to the pits. But no, his brand new T-GT had slipped off the rig and he was fumbling to get it back together. Hard luck mate, best get to screwing it in lol. The gap to Itz/Motors was now 26 seconds. By the time Risky handed the car back he had passed a struggling Itz and was 10 secs behind Motors.

I got back in the cockpit and the undercut had worked a treat. I was ranging in on Motors with tyres that had come to life and a fire to get 2nd place back.
    8 laps. 10 seconds.
    7 laps. 8 seconds.
    6 laps. 6 seconds.
    Motors had picked up the pace here and the mission seemed like it was doomed to fail.
    5 laps. 4.5 secs.
    I'm closing quick enough, but where will I pass?
    4 laps. 4 secs.
    3 laps. 4 secs.
    A lap where I didn't gain was something I couldn't afford to have.
    2 laps. 2.5 secs.
    1 lap. 2 secs.
    It was do or die at this point. A mistake would only keep me in third with Jono 6 mins behind, so the curbs got absolutely attacked. Adeneur Forst was where we caught an auto-driving Itz, and Motors was weary of unghosting so I caught to within 1.5 secs. It's within a second out of the Karussel. I'm all over him through the fast switchbacks before Dottinger-Höhe, and attempt the slingshot. Suddenly, my hopes get absolutely pulverised when I remember that the Alfa has a lot less straight line speed than the Lexus, and slot in behind hoping for Motors to outbrake himself into the last corners. Nope. Did he hit the Nord pit wall? Nope.

In the end, for there to be 3 tenths between 2 cars after 3hrs is astonishing, but for it to be here? Thats impossible. Epic race, 1000% would drive again.

Special Mentions:
    @Easyprey007 for sticking it out. Commendable effort when your race is just lapping on your own with nobody in sight. @emmo46 you are in the same boat. Congrats boys.
    @xlxy90 and Sam, after binning the first 4 laps and collectively pitting 8 or 9 times (I lost track) for you guys to stay was also great.
    Itz, you had terrible luck with that pit glitch, if it happens at Bathurst it is a red flag I believe.

Thanks to all for an enjoyable 3hrs of racing, see yas at the Mountain!
  9. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    You're welcome for the pit wall engineering, risky
  10. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Yes
  11. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I was lucky to see and have a small tussle with xl and Jono as they suffered their dramas. I didn't have the speed to make it stick and then as I got tired I managed to bin it a couple of times and lost time in the pits getting repairs.
    Easyprey007 likes this.
  12. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    [​IMG]

DNF:
    Zachery
    Tyson
    BlueXephos
    Bananajosh
    Easyprey007 likes this.
  13. razor4797

PSN ID
    razor4797
    DS4 Dream Team. I like it.
    Cheers mate
    CaptainRisky21 likes this.
  14. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    What a race, DS4 Dream Team at its finest.
    Whole race weekend started pretty rubbish when I was crook during qualifying leaving all the pressure on @razor4797 to perform which he surely did planting the Stang on pole position.
    He started the race immaculately and didn't look back as he built an impressive gap in his hour and a half stint. I took over with a lot of pressure on my shoulders to hold the advantage and not throw away what he had built up. I think I did so well, setting the fastest lap (despite actuslly losing 1.3 seconds on my final corner). To bring it home P1 was a huge relief. I think together we lost less than 6 seconds to mistakes all race which is something I'm sure we're both hugely proud of.
    Well done to @Motors560 and @CaptainRisky21 on a closely fought podium as well as everyone who finished the gruelling 3 Hour
    Looking forward to Bathurst where the DS4 Dream Team will go again
    razor4797 and CaptainRisky21 like this.
  15. bluexephos22

bluexephos22 Rookie

PSN ID
    BlueXephos22
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  16. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Can’t seem to buy any luck in the 3 hours lately. Used it all up in the first 5 laps of Catalunya!

My challenge was halted as soon as I copped rear end damage, in hindsight I might have been better off pitting instead of carrying on, I was losing more than 6 seconds a lap! Following my pit stop I just went for it and was able to better my best laps (on the T300) by almost 5 seconds, and was gaining on the men in front fast. Sadly I was so much in the zone I’d failed to notice I had been pulling the wheelbase off the rig, and in a desperate attempt to fix it, it fell into my lap on the Dottinger, almost breaking my thumb and in my attempts to put it back on, I held the button down which swaps the throttle and clutch. Fearing I might have broken something I parked up (instead of going into pause, idiot) and lost around 2 minutes.

Went hell for leather after that and predictably made more mistakes trying to get the fastest lap, yet was still able to finish 4th. Big congrats to the winners who took full advantage of everything that went their way. Hard luck for the Green Hell Heathens, in future if that happens (to anyone), message me and I’ll throw a red flag, that’s an absolutely cruel and unfair way to lose everything.

A bit disappointing to see so many no shows and rage quits, to have less than half of the total entrants even bother qualifying doesn’t reflect the amount of effort that goes into this and genuinely makes me think wether or not I’m wasting my time with this. Naturally I expect the Bathurst 3 Hour to be overflowing because Bathurst, but I can’t say I’m happy.

Bathurst may see a move to Racing Soft tyres after some testing, I’ll let you guys know by Wednesday.
    razor4797 and CaptainRisky21 like this.
  17. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Not surprised to see a low finishing rate at N24 with heavy damage. Its a crap place to race, the slightest mistake and your race can be over before it starts, overtaking is nearly impossible and its rare to see an extended battle (risky and motors for example was cool to read about), so there are very few chances to have a rewarding or enjoyable time. But that is the nature of the toughest circuit in the world, it is to be expected. The cool stories are the exception, and more credit needs to go to those who can tell them.
    I feel similarly about Bathurst with the extended 'follow the leader' sections (especially with heavy damage), but Rooz loves the place so you're probably right about attendance next round.
    Personally I can't wait for the GT3 weight drop so the cars feel alive again, but my next conceivable race is LMPs in August so a long wait for me.
    CaptainRisky21 likes this.
  18. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    yes
    LennonLegend1993 and JonoStan96 like this.
  19. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    ok
    LennonLegend1993 likes this.
  20. Toranafan-02

Toranafan-02 Team Driver

PSN ID
    SIR_Tyson_02 PS4. deadman024 PS3.
    Pleased to announce I'll be switching to PRT for bathurst (Porsche racing team) #105>106