GT-Sport [Completed] 2019 RaceOnOz WORLD ENDURANCE TOUR Powered By Hi-Tec Oils

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by JonoStan96, Nov 11, 2018.

1. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    Confirmed race for tonight
  2. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Thanks Jono

Yeah with Itz not being able to make it if we move, eliminating the pole sitter in preference of those who were unable to qualify is pretty unfair. See you on the grid tonight :)

@Kephin_07 please confirm your car selection ASAP please.
    bluexephos22 likes this.
  3. Kephin_07

Kephin_07 Rookie

PSN ID
    BiGkEv_87
    Not home yet, but just chuck me in in the Audi. I'll figure the rest out later lol
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  4. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    You're welcome jono
    bluexephos22 likes this.
  5. Kephin_07

Kephin_07 Rookie

PSN ID
    BiGkEv_87
    Just to confirm: we only use racing softs for this race, yeah?
  6. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Grid with final BOP:
    1st: Itz 109% 97%
    2nd: Blue 100% 108%
    3rd: XL 102% 107%
    4th: Keeden 110% 110%
    5th: Vardz 111% 93%
    6th: Jono 95% 114%
    7th: Stigs 110% 108%
    8th: Buster 104% 95%
    9th: Big Kev 93% 102%
    10th: Dermott 98% 96%
    11th: Luurox 102% 103%

Please use these and ignore OP.

Aaaaand edited once again because I’m genuinely lacking brain cells of late
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
    StigsTC and bluexephos22 like this.
  7. Buster_Danis

Buster_Danis Team Driver

Bump @JonoStan96 ?
  8. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  9. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Room open, we will forgo Top 5 Shootout due to low numbers
    StigsTC likes this.
  10. LUUROX_22

LUUROX_22 New Recruit

PSN ID
    LUUROX_22
    Is there a chance for a last minute entry? I'll take the toyota ft-1 vgt @JohnoStan96
  11. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Yes

+10% for spelling my name wrong
    Buster_Danis, StigsTC and Matthyus like this.
  12. Dermott Brereton

Dermott Brereton Rookie

PSN ID
    ZingerStacker21
    Dermott here proving once again that he's better than those Essendon FC virgins with a very respectable 5th place from a 10th place start.

@StigsTC I was pretty bummed out that I couldn't catch back up to you in the end, great finish
  13. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  14. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Once I started running half tank stints the car actually turned a bit so I could run low 37s with some high 36s, but the difference was the 5 or so laps I was being towed along by @ItzRacing95 smashing out 36.5s that just gave me a huge boost in the final hour. Even with the improved pace you were still took 5 seconds out of me in the final few minutes, great pace there, couldn't have kept you behind for much longer.
  15. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Argh would could have been again!

After going completely the wrong way in setup in qualifying, the car came alive in the race. But unfortunately I rammed into the back of Keeden on lap 4 after he lost it at the Bus Stop which forced a pit stop. Lap 17 my race took a huge nose dive after getting T-boned unavoidably while XL and Stigs were battling hard, putting me right to the back.

Just to try and salvage something I didn’t take fuel which helped with traffic but limited my options later in the race. Luckily a stint on full tanks enabled me to run at 3/4’s for the final 2 stints. And my goodness did the car respond to that well. I was able to do roughly 22 straight qualifying laps of low to mid 36’s, taking 9 seconds out of Blue in the process and putting daylight between myself and the pack behind. It meant nothing in the end but it’s probably
    my best ever stint of driving on this game, if only I could replicate it every week!

Once Blue made an unforced error up front I was able to get the gap down to 6 seconds with only 10 minutes or so to go. Only to cop 7 straight laps of waved blue flags and dirty air which pissed me off to no end. The battle that never was came to end and I settled for third, disappointed but still statisfied as 3rd was the best I could realistically hope to achieve. Massive congrats to @ItzRacing95 for a peerless win, the only driver not to be forced into the pits all race, and thus making this the 3rd event to be taken out by a Bronze ranked driver, and the 8th different (overall) winner in 12 races.

The final at Spa should be fantastic. My view is that we will scrap the 2 races at St Croix and Sardenga, St Croix will be the season opener for 2020. My time to BOP cars at this point of time is extremely limited and trying to squeeze in as much as possible this late on isn’t too good for my wellbeing especially when there’s other games I’d like to find time to enjoy.

2020 info will be revealed before Spa, which will also have an entry thread to ensure time is spend bopping all of the right cars to the maximum. Spa is scheduled to have wet weather too so watch this space!
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
  16. bluexephos22

bluexephos22 Rookie

PSN ID
    BlueXephos22
    No wet weather please
    Buster_Danis and StigsTC like this.
  17. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    What kind of monster gets Spa after waiting for 3 years, and goes, you know what? Lets run it in the wet instead.
  18. Buster_Danis

Buster_Danis Team Driver

Guilty as charged, re blue flags @JonoStan96, as was @Kephin_07. We were in the middle of a ding dong battle. I was in front of him & hoping he’d back out of the fight to let you through so then I could but neither if us wanted to yield. Sorry for that! I eventually made a mistake which let him through so let you through soon after.
    Another great race even finishing at the back & a lap down. About an hour & 15 into the race I was struggling to keep focus so I actually talked my 19 year old son, (who doesn’t get into racing online at all) into doing a half hour stint for me after my second stop. With a bit of coaching from me he was soon doing low 38’s which made me proud, but it did let Kev bring the gap down to 23 seconds from a minute15. Then of course after the driver change back to me, I couldn’t find any consistency or rhythm.
    Gave @bluexephos22 a tap after he lapped me (sorry!) & brushed the wall at the bus stop more than once creating damage that I could live with but gave me nothing to fight with. Eventually pitted again just for tyres & repairs & went for a Banzai Qualli lap as I had not practiced on RS’s before the race (thinking we going to race on RM’s) which gave me something to be happy about with fastest race lap. @xlxy90 & @Kephin_07 both pitted a couple of laps before the 3 hour mark came around which gave me a glimmer of hope only to get slapped again at the bus stop but we all finished within a few seconds of each other. To finish that close after 3 hours was cool.
    So all in all enjoyable racing once again. Thanks @ItzRacing95 for tuning thanks to @JonoStan96 & everyone for letting me race in such a gr8 season! Wish I’d got on board a bit sooner. Cheers!
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
    bluexephos22, JonoStan96 and StigsTC like this.
  19. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Someone who enjoys something different
  20. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Having not raced it for 3 years I'd argue normal spa would classify as different but sure whatever.
    ItzRacing95 likes this.