GT-Sport [Cancelled] 2020 RaceOnOz World Endurance Tour (W.E.T)

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by JonoStan96, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    No to the break idea. Piss while pitting amd accept some lost time, have done that in the past.
  2. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Pole: Blacko 2:04.611
    2nd: Viperzed 2:04.653
    3rd: BlueXephos 2:04.941
    4th: Keeden 2:05.011
    5th: Xlxy90 2:05.031
    6th: Jono 2:05.044
    7th: Mint 2:05.051
    8th: StigsTC 2:05.277
    9th: BigKev 2:05.464
    10th: Noremac 2:05.753
    11th: NemoIXn 2:06.008
    12th: Noxrai 2:06.095
    13th: Xerxes 2:06.103
    14th: Zachery 2:06.675
    15th: Max Gassit 2:08.245
    16th: Speedytyres 2:08.372

@LITTLEBLACKO942 has opted to start on the left side of the grid.

Race will not be streamed.

Points system adjustments:
    ROOZ points however 15th scores no points.
    Rage quits & DNF’s that aren’t directly linked to disconnects will score 0 points.

Refined Reserve Driver Rules:
    If a main driver returns to their seat after the reserve driver has already qualified for the race, providing there is room on the grid, they can keep their car however their points scored will not count towards their manufacturer. If they return before qualifying, they can choose a different spare car or opt for the Joker car (if available).

Local Team Qualifying Adjustments:
    In a local team, any driver that qualifies must now qualify at their allocated handicap, not the lowest rated driver’s race handicap.

Other changes:

Razor promoted to A+
    Littleblacko: +1% weight
    Xerxes, Noxrai, Zachery, speedytyres, Nemo: -1% weight
    Max Gassit: -2% weight
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
    Max Gassit and Zachery like this.
  3. bluexephos22

bluexephos22 Rookie

PSN ID
    BlueXephos22
    *looks at front row*
    Let me just get Supercars on the phone real quick
    CaptainRisky21, StigsTC and Viperzed like this.
  4. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    I can hold my pee for 3 hours. I just need to stay away from muh rum and coke.

@JonoStan96 Probably shooting myself in the foot, but I don't think I need a -1 weight change. With a little tinkering and help from keedans tune I have got down to a 2.05.266 in a qualifying practice session. Another point may be too advantageous to me. I'd much rather have close racing than a boring race by myself
    Hatfield and StigsTC like this.
  5. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    1% weight would have you at 2:05.00 or so, which is right in the middle of the front group.
    JonoStan96 and Noxrai like this.
  6. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Yeah. Just thought it would be a good idea to show my current speed rather than last weekends pace. Im not consistent though. Every lap seems to be a toss up between not quite the right line or crashing at the fast left hander going up the hill. The McLaren does not like that corner at all. I will have to be very cautious in the race. Up to jono if he wants/needs me a little faster
  7. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Buff’s aren’t mandatory... But it’s up to you
  8. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Driver’s Briefing: 3 Heures du St. Croix
    Predicted Race Distance: 85-90Laps

Please read the following and ‘like’ once you have read and understood it.
    [​IMG]
    Race: 15:10 Fine Weather
    One Lap Test Race: 19:20 ADST
    Start Time: 19:30 ADST

Racing Softs
    Tyre/Fuel Depletion: X1

RACE START PROCEDURE:
    The room host will set the grid based on the qualifying order. At approximately 19:20 the host must start a 1 lap test to ensure everyone can move off the grid with no issue. This can be done by changing the race type to Practice/Race.

Prior to the race start, the host must double check the Power and Weight of each car matches those listed in the OP or other means.
    The race will start in a side by side formation as per previous endurance events. The pole sitter will set the pace but the 1st lap must not take longer than 6 Minutes. Your speed must not exceed 140km/h during the formation lap. Please ensure you are in single file until the final sector in order to reduce the risk of accidental colisions on the formation lap. The pole sitter after rounding the final corner can choose when to hit the gas to start the race as long as it is before the start finish line. The race will go green at the start finish line regardless of the pole sitter’s actions.
    If you are silly enough to spin on the formation lap, you are allowed to regain your place, but tough luck if the race starts before you can do so...

3 Strikes Rule
    In order to combat the issues in prior events, anyone who freezes on the grid will be given 2 more chances to get going via rejoining and resetting. If it takes more than 3 attempts, you will be excluded from the race however you will pick up a points if there are less than 15 starters.

TRACK LIMITS: As per our rules and regs drivers must keep 2 wheels on the ripple strips or white lines at all times. We all make a mistake or 2, but if you are caught "continually and obviously" running outside the track limits to gain advantage you risk being penalised post race by the Stewards Group.

CONTACT: CONTACT IS TO BE AVOIDED AT ALL TIMES. If you make contact with the car in front and gain an advantage, you MUST give the place back at the next available opportunity.

SWERVING: You are NOT permitted to swerve from side to side on the straights. Drivers may only change direction ONCE on corner entry.

TURN 1 LAP 1: You can't win the race at turn 1, but you can certainly lose it. Take care into the first corner and leave plentiful space for other drivers, as this is the most risky part of the race. This is a very long race, so there should be no divebombs or ridiculous moves so early on. Heavy damage is on, so you will suffer the consequences if you are stupid.

PIT LINES: Use the pit lane lines as indicated. Do not charge into the pit lane as you risk damaging your ego and disrupting the race. Commit early to avoid potentially causing a serious accident. Stay within the lines, you may not cut the exit line AT ALL, otherwise you will receive a warning. For tracks with dotted lines after a solid line, you are permitted to cut the dotted lines, but you must not cut the solid lines.

BLUE FLAGS: Blue flag rules will apply as per usual.

HEALTH: Please empty your bladder before the race. We have a big enough break before the race to do so, we’ve all heard the degenerate stories of people pissing in bottles to continue playing, I really hope that doesn’t happen here! On the flipside, keep hydrated during the race with a bottle of water or energy drink, etc.

If you have any questions, check the driver’s briefing, check the OP, then if that does not answer your questions, ask me here!
  9. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  10. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
  11. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    What happened mate?
  12. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    Got ABS glitch on the 4th restart. Absolute trash.
    Noxrai likes this.
  13. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    I had the same issue. Felt like a completely different car. It compounded my issues I was already having with my McLaren on some corners. Had to completely change my lines and brake points. Eggshells on ice was the feeling.

I decided to push on because I wanted to see if I could handle it. Was not fun.
  14. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    [​IMG]
    DNF: Xlxy
    DNF: StigsTC
    RQ: Nemo
  15. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    what is it? what does it do?
  16. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    You either get no abs or weak abs. You don't get the ABS setting you selected pre race.

Having driven no abs to get a feel for brake bias can confirm its very much not fun.
  17. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    For me it shows you have abs on and working but I was actually locking up and sliding. Had to use a feather touch on the brake and brake a lot earlier. There was something else I couldn't quite put my finger on. The car was just an absolute nightmare to drive.
  18. bluexephos22

bluexephos22 Rookie

PSN ID
    BlueXephos22
    To evade the ABS glitch you need to pre race first change your ABS to off while unmetered and then drive for a little bit. Then, unenter and change your ABS to default or whatever your desired setting is. Then drive around for a bit. It is then safe to warp back to pits. A way to check for the glitch is to see what your ABS is set to in the driver list menu thing. If the room settings change after you cycle, you'll need to do it again.

Also, thanks for everyone who showed up, looked like a hot race after that restart for the minor placings.
    StigsTC and Noxrai like this.
  19. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Weak abs? Maybe that's what I had on. Didn't feel weak. It felt like no abs lol
  20. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    I'll keep that in mind. Just very hard to keep track of if everything is all good for 3 restarts then the 4th it decides to change on you