SMH Half Marathon - Running for Chris O'Brien Lifehouse

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by skywalker, May 9, 2017.

1. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Hi all,

I've not been sim racing much lately as have been doing quite a bit of training both for triathlons and currently for a half marathon. I've never done a running race longer than 14km, so 21km is quite a step up (and longer than a sprint triathlon). Im running for Chris O'brien Lifehouse, which is a not for profit cancer hospital.

Both my Mum and cousin are currently battling cancer and for anyone who's had family or friends fighting cancer you'll know there are lots and lots of appointments. Often this has patients and their families going from here to there to get the help needed. This is both tiring and taxing, in a time of your life that you really dont need this. My grandma passed away a couple years ago from cancer also, and through my experiences with cancer I come to realise that everyone will be touched by cancer at some point in their life. Be it a close friend, family member or themselves. Cancer doesn't discriminate.

Chris O’Brien Lifehouse is Australia’s first not-for-profit cancer hospital with all cancer services under one roof. Being not for profit, they really appreciate support from the community so that they can continue to offer better services to treat patients.

I'd appreciate any support, as I keep pushing and training towards doing my first half marathon. All donations are tax deductible. My goal is sub 80 mins which is going to be very tough to achieve and equal a lot of pain. Im currently training around 10 hours each week, which in itself leaves me feeling often tired. But its for a good cause!

Love to hear any experiences with doing a half or full marathon, and also if you feel inclined to donate you can via here: https://smh2017halfmarathon.everydayhero.com/au/luke-jones
  2. Mael

Mael Professional

Good luck!

From my experience from 15km to 19km is the hard section, especially if you go out too hard :D
    skywalker likes this.
  3. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Thanks mate. Some days I feel like I can achieve my time, but than others I feel woefully under prepared.

Time will tell. The only thing that is clear is it'll be hard work no matter what time I do!