Some tips for Sunday Night network issues.

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Ad2mny, Mar 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Courtesy of @garyw61

GT6 Sunday Night

For reference guys, this is my Sunday evening ritual each week before racing. If everyone could find that extra couple of minutes to do the same, I think it will make for a much stabler room with less issues:

1. Make sure you have everyone racing that night on your friends list. Please note that having more than 100 friends on your FL may cause you issues in GT6, as the PS3 platform only recognises 100 users despite smartphone apps that let you have more. My suggestion would be to trim your list to under 100 if possible, and this is mandatory for anyone who may host. Please also note that you may not be able to find the lobby if you have more than 100 friends, meaning you will have to search through all lobbies to find it, or restart your PS3 and hope that the host comes back as one of your 1st 100 friends.

2. Make sure that no-one else in your household is watching youtube videos or downloading torrents, or anything else that may hog your internet bandwith (Netflix, or any other media downloads or updates). Try to let all the other members of the household know that Sunday night is reserved for you to race.

3. Reboot your router. This means isolating it completely from any power source by either unplugging it from the wall or pulling the power adapter from the rear of the unit for at least 10 seconds. I know it is easier to just user the power button, but it doesn't do the same thing.

4. Reboot your PS3. Again, this means isolating it completely from any power source by either unplugging it from the wall or pulling the power adapter from the rear of the unit for at least 10 seconds.

5. If you need to accept any friend requests at this stage, accept them, then go back to step 4 (reboot PS3 again, or at the very least logout then login again to PSN).

6. Start GT6, then do whatever you need to do (e.g. change car, change oil, repair body rigidity etc), then last thing before entering lobby, clear your cache (options, network, clear cache).

7. Don’t do donuts/burnouts etc. while race countdown is on. It can cause race start issues. Please sit and wait patiently with your handbrake on.

8. If, for whatever reason, you need to leave/rejoin the lobby, always go and clear your cache again before re-entering lobby.
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.