ACC Spa setup help please

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Competizione PC Monday Night' started by JamesT, Feb 24, 2021.

1. JamesT

JamesT Rookie

Please Mercedes 2020 Evo drivers help.
    I am practicing for the next round and cannot get the car through blanchimont. Last season, the Aston was no problem at all. The Merc spins on me. Always, and no matter what. Touch the inside kerb slightly: spin. Lift off too much: spin. Wrong steering angle: spin. Anything I do that does not involve hitting the brakes: spin. Sending it flat with a small steering angle: spin.
    I am sure it's not only my lacking skills because there are videos where people take the turn flat and their inputs can't be that much different from mine. Setup here was Aggressive of safe pre-set, happens either way.
    Can anybody make it through with the aggressive pre-set with the 2020 EVO? Did you maybe need to tweak the setup to make the turn? Please help me, at this rate I have to skip the race otherwise for safety reasons.
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  2. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Hit me up in discord mate I will send you my set up and we can do some laps and chat if you like. Can’t promise speed but I can get through there Ok, sometimes flat and sometimes with a small lift
    JamesT and nanlatt like this.
  3. staffy0707

staffy0707 Rookie

Sorry can't help you but I'm expecting to have the same issues. I hate spa. Haven't even done my three medals yet
    JamesT likes this.
  4. Wally

Wally Team Driver

What about 1 click more rear wing?
    JamesT likes this.
  5. CornfordCaster

CornfordCaster Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

This is from the setup bot in the Aris' discord
    https://imgur.com/a/hDhpwot
    The changes at the top make the most influence and gradually less and less the more you go down the list.
    JamesT likes this.
  6. JamesT

JamesT Rookie

Thanks guys for your input. I've been travelling to Lord Howe Island until yesterday, that's the reason for my silence.
    I am going to give higher rear wing a try now after the update is done and see how we go and maybe also increase the front ride height.
    I wonder if other Merc drivers experience a similar issue or if it is related to my driving style.
    CornfordCaster likes this.
  7. JamesT

JamesT Rookie

I've not got discord set up, I'll do so if I can still not make it with more wing, thanks for the offer!
  8. JamesT

JamesT Rookie

Ok guys, I practiced some and with 3 clicks more rear wing and one mm more front ride height, the car is finally planted through blanchimont (flat) and eau rouge (short and tiny lift). It feels very similar to the Aston now, I guess the stock aggressive setup is just way off (or maybe my driving is lacking). Thanks everybody for the help. I might tweak a bit more, maybe 2 clicks of wing is enough, we'll see.
    CornfordCaster and nanlatt like this.