Sunday League New Format Test 6, 13, 20/1/19

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Hi Roozers,

I would like to propose a few test rounds during the school holidays in January. 6, 13, 20/1/19

3 rounds in the Renault Sport MEGANE TROPHY 2011
    Catalunya
    Dragon Trail Gardens
    Kyoto Yamagiwa
    [​IMG]

The new format will be that all 'divisions' will also be a part of 1 whole division.

The procedure is thus:
    -Separate divisions are set based on previous seasons lap/overall times as is currently the case
    -Pre-season, Drivers may submit qualifying laps for any/all tracks on the season calendar (qualifying laps will be recorded publicly)
    -Drivers have until Friday midnight to have their qualifying laps submitted for that Sunday's round.
    -Rooms will be split by qualification times (equally if possible, but if there is a large gap from 1 time to the next, the split may occur there instead)
    -If you failed to submit a qualifying time, but you still wish to race, you will be slotted into your original division but will score points after all others who qualified
    -On race night, grids will be set by host
    -Points will be scored from 1st in room 1 all the way to last in the last room (A new points system will be devised)
    -Disconnections will finish last behind all finishers from all rooms

How to qualify officially:
    -You must be in a ROOZ lobby which contains a nominated qualifying official who can verify the room settings
    -They will then submit your qualifying lap time at your request
    -You may only submit ONCE pre-season, and then ONCE in the week leading up to that round (this allows drivers to get all their qualifying done in case they have no time during the week of, but also allows them to improve on their time as they become more familiar with the car or if the game physics etc change)

This should encourage everyone to try their best (and not sandbag) as your qualifying position will determine which room you are able to get into, and how many points will be on offer.
    This is because, 1st position in room 2 is only worth points for the position after last in room 1.

I am not asking for signups for this yet, but I do welcome all ideas and thoughts please
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  2. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Possible points system based on the v8 supercars enduro points (for a season with 4 rooms)

Position - Points
    1st - 240
    2nd - 228
    3rd - 219
    4th - 210
    5th - 201
    6th - 192
    7th - 186
    8th - 180
    9th - 174
    10th - 168
    11th - 162
    12th - 159
    13th - 156
    14th - 153
    15th - 150
    16th - 147
    17th - 144
    18th - 141
    19th - 138
    20th - 135
    21st - 132
    22nd - 129
    23rd - 126
    24th - 123
    25th - 120
    26th - 117
    27th - 114
    28th - 111
    29th - 108
    30th - 105
    31st - 102
    32nd - 99
    33rd - 96
    34th - 93
    35th - 90
    36th - 87
    37th - 84
    38th - 81
    39th - 78
    40th - 75
    41st - 72
    42nd - 69
    43rd - 66
    44th - 63
    45th - 60
    46th - 57
    47th - 54
    48th - 51
    49th - 48
    50th - 45
    51st - 42
    52nd - 39
    53rd - 36
    54th - 33
    55th - 30
    56th - 27
    57th - 24
    58th - 21
    59th - 18
    60th - 15
    61st - 12
    62nd - 9
    63rd - 6
    64th - 3
    Kieran_B33 likes this.
  4. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
  5. DAMN_RIGHT_BOB

DAMN_RIGHT_BOB Rookie

PSN ID
    DAMN_RIGHT_BOB
    You sir, have my attention.
    LennonLegend1993 likes this.
  6. deedz_aus

deedz_aus Rookie

PSN ID
    deedz_aus
    I love the idea.. however I feel the qualifying situation could be very time consuming for the admins
    holdenman05 and JonoStan96 like this.
  7. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    As a racer that is time limited, I can really only practice on the Saturday the day before the race. Is there the possibility of perhaps Qualification on the day or is it all predone so rooms can be organised with hosts, etc? Making late qualification impossible?
  8. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    you could qualify on the saturday the week before.
    Because we wouldn't be qualifying on the sunday pre-race, you could practice during this time

of course you can just qualify pre-season if time is limited
  9. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    As a div4 who sometimes beats a div 3, sounds great...and means weeks with fewer racers would see my score skyrocket.
  10. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-
    My first thoughts after a read are the same as @Matthyus , and I rekon I just probably wouldn't worry about qualifying, and just race wherever I'm put, simply because if ever/whenever I get a chance to prac there's usually nobody on or very few, and who knows if their an "official". I usually only start to get consistent times 30 mins before race start, so any qualifying I did earlier in the week would just look like sandbagging.
    I'm not knocking the idea of the sliding divs at all, I actually like it a lot, just qualify like that wouldn't work for me
  11. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    I like this idea and hopefully I'll be back racing by January, I think it'll not only streamline Sundays but make the whole system more fair.
  12. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    I agree that many of us are time limited and hence joined the Sunday league for a bit of fun.
    I suggest that there is only one qualifying before the first race, and all subsequent races are placed based on the finishing of the previous race.
    Easyprey007 likes this.
  13. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    what happens if you perform poorly at a certain track, but the next track you are very good at?
    If you have dropped to room 2, it isn't going to be close at all
    DAMN_RIGHT_BOB likes this.
  14. DAMN_RIGHT_BOB

DAMN_RIGHT_BOB Rookie

PSN ID
    DAMN_RIGHT_BOB
    I have definitely noticed I am div4 on some tracks and div2 on others lol
    Kieran_B33 and JonoStan96 like this.
  15. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    Take it on the chin. It's only for one race. There will also be situations where you did well, and do badly in the next.
    You can't cater for everyone, so I guess if we need to qualify every week, those of us who can't will just start at the rear all the time.
  16. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Which is why the pre-season qualification option is there too
  17. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Its a good concept, it has merit. We do the test season and see what happens.
    Luckgoesmyway and AroGantz like this.
  18. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Sorry for the wall of text...
    I like the idea, as it should make the rooms have closer racing.
    Just so that I'm (we) are on the same page, this is what I understand is what you are proposing.
    A season is approaching and we are (x) weeks away from it starting.
    Let's say we have all tracks selected 4 weeks in advance, hasn't been the case but lets roll with it (perhaps more time is freed up with not having to calculate divisions), it gives all racers ample time to get in some solid practice or in the case of Time poor racers, set their qualification times.

For me, this will likely be the only way for me to set my times, Setting up a Saturday as Qualification day and bash through the tracks. Anyone would be welcome to join. However I use the break between seasons for family and other activities :p. I like that break.
    Additionally given I do a full race practice each Saturday, this would equal 7hrs of driving / testing which is just not feasible. Likely I would need to make ALL Saturdays before the season start a Qualification session, breaking the track listing down to perhaps 2 tracks per session.

This also highlights a possible issue of having an 'admin' or certified room / person to evaluate and upload your time. Everyone has a different schedule and finding the above on the same time frame as the racer wanting to set their times could prove difficult. I would put my hand up as one of these Certification peoples and since if you read the forums or have been apart of a PSN with me you know that I practice on a Saturday morning. I guess we could set up a list of when certified rooms / people are online so that you have a chance of making your qualification time official.

Another possible solution to the above issue could be to set up the lobby and let people save their own copy, let them qualify on their own schedule and trust that they don't mess about with settings. Previous to this concept, most rooms people practice in are different to race lobbies, so sharing a set standard could alleviate this issue. If the lobby settings could be locked that would be even better.

The current system uses only the last season information mixed with some human gut / experience that has gotten us so far. This current season we used last seasons race information and crunched the numbers and broke the list into its divisions based off how far each racer was from the Fastest Lap and Race time.
    I would recommend that we input ALL GT Sport race information (I'll do that in a couple of hours now that the sheet is set up) and average it out over ALL seasons. Also keeping a separate tally of what category the car is (high powered, low powered, etc) and to provide a better data set for that impending car / season. Reason being, some racers are really good at fast cars, others are slower cars.
    Yes it might take a bit to set up, but once done the racing should be much closer than it may have been. I've been looking at the race information coming from this season and it is looking encouraging. No one from the division below has beaten the division above. There might be some outliers due to being better in a slower car or the division cutoff might have 1 or 2 racers off, but it's a good start.

Happy to test it out and talk it through.
    Hatfield likes this.
  19. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

I dont see the big deal with quali. People in general dont find seconds of pace with the more practice they do. Set a banker early on and then when you get the time put in an effort lap. Worst case scenario you have a descent lap up
  20. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    There are quite a few people in Rooz capable of hosting a certified quali room. All hosts, all room captains, all stewards (not you @Viperzed ) and a select few old hands of raceonoz.
    JonoStan96 and Hatfield like this.