Sunday League New Format Test 6, 13, 20/1/19

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Yeah nah talk to me when you're not thousands of ks away from your sim
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  2. Noremac

Noremac Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Normxc
    As they say if it aint broken dont fix it
    Easyprey007 likes this.
  3. Luckgoesmyway

Luckgoesmyway Rookie

Great idea, wish I thought of it myself. I don’t see qually being a real issue. If you are time poor and can’t practice it sounds like you will be able to pre qualify or at worst be put in the same room you would normally be in anyway. No one will sandbag because 1st in room two will get less points than last in room one. Give it a try, see what it produces.the biggest plus I see is that it will stop the merri go round from one division up for one season then back again that happens now and people will get to race against people they don’t normally have the chance to.
    VARDZ likes this.
  4. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

It may not be broke but its damaged
  5. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    At the back of the grid yeah...
    Have done pre-qually before elsewhere, its really not optimal for how much time it takes up from everyone (drivers and stewards alike) compared to literally 10 minutes before the race for everyone at once. Pre season test/ranking however is a solid call for division splits, especially across multiple tracks.
    Interesting to see how this plays out for everyone, even if my personal experience will be negative starting rear of grid every week on my usual arrive and drive for X mins pre-race and qualify mid pack strategy. New idea is definitely worth a crack.
    Apex_64 likes this.
  6. Noremac

Noremac Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Normxc
    I cant see a reason to over complicate qualifying we already have a simple and working way of qualifying. As for this big points system across divs it's a good idea and should be used separately to work out divs for future seasons and have the normal div points too
  7. Luckgoesmyway

Luckgoesmyway Rookie

Haven’t read that room qually would change. The way I read it is that you pre qualify for a room then you will still have ten minutes to set the grid for that room. Or maybe that’s the way I would do it.
    Tristan Jones and Noremac like this.
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    to be honest, we could still keep the room qualification if people want it.
  9. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I’d be happy to fast track into the next season, something to spice things up is welcome as (IMO) League has been pretty stagnant of late.
    Kieran_B33 likes this.
  10. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

The qualifying is probably the most complicated part of this. But.
    Most drivers know where there at and how fast they will be able to go. The qualifying allows more drivers that are at a similar pace to race together from week to week instead of, example. Right now half of div 1 and half of div2 are around the same pace, but dont race together because of div shuffle after every season. Getting to race 10+ people instead of 3 or 4 is more appealing. Lets face it the current format isnt exactly thriving.
    deedz_aus and JonoStan96 like this.
  11. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    Agree with this qually logic from Stig.
    If we had the ability like in GT6 to set up a qually room to enter and qually in your own time with specs set it may be possible to pre-qually in the week before each race, but GT Sport does not have this function at the moment. One thing though is surely with all this attention to qually and its obvious importance it should be respected more on the first corner and first lap of races, and that is why I prefer a rolling start as qually is respected and there is an clear advantage between qually spots.
    I feel the pre-season qually would help Div placement, however to get even racing within divisions (Beau exclusive), divisions need to be constructed with as minimal gap as possible between fastest and slowest in any given division. This would only be effective if stewards are prepared for more divisions to provide the close racing within divisions . This would also mean no set numbers for Divs or random numbers in each division as 8 may qualify for div1, 14 for div2, 7 div3 etc. This random size is sensible as this exercise as I see it is to provide us with closer more exciting racing within the divisions. A race between 6 similar pace drivers is going to be closer and more enjoyable than that a of div of 16, with usually 2 to 3 clear different lap pace levels.
    I feel sorry for Beau though as no matter what twinks are made he will still only be racing the clock :alien:
    StigsTC and Matthyus like this.
  12. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    +10% weight for @KeedenMcdonald
    Apex_64 likes this.
  13. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    And comfort hard tyres :thumbsup:
  14. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    It is interesting to see that someone else mentioned this. I said the same when I assisted with this season division calculations.
  15. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

I dont feel sorry for beau, as long as he keeps giving me max points each round im good. After the first lap or two it must be boring as :):):):) thou
  16. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

So far i see stig, norm and yourself putting in good points for quali and rightly so. But the three of you also dont really have to worry cause you're in the top 16 everyweek without breaking a sweat, you would only have to worry about quali on race day.
    StigsTC likes this.
  17. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    This would kill any sort of possibility of me even entertaining doing another season in GT Sport.

What impact, for those who are interested in it, would it have on the teams championship?
  18. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I think this will need a LOT of administration and there will be a lot of confusion each week about what room we should be in, who we nneed on our friends list, sight issues etc,
  19. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    that may be the eventual kill-shot of this idea.
    No harm giving it a go between seasons though
    DAMN_RIGHT_BOB likes this.
  20. deedz_aus

deedz_aus Rookie

PSN ID
    deedz_aus
    I was going to suggest using the Time Trial mode to accurately determine ranking order as a pre-qualifying each race (per track), eliminating the need to host rooms and all captains would need to do is have all racers on their friends list. The only downside to this is i don't think Time Trial allows you to compare rank of times per vehicle? :unsure::oops:
    I mean i guess what we are trying to emulate here is what the GT sport algorithm "does" for online races already.. and that is automatic and it still sucks... haha. But seriously the TT thing would be an easy solution to the problem of admins having to man rooms so to speak,and everyone can do it in their own time.
    xlxy90 likes this.