Sunday League New Format Test 6, 13, 20/1/19

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Aug 21, 2018.

1. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    don't you have every rooz racer ever on your list emmo, i think i must have my list takes forever to scroll through
  2. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I probably have most but I doubt everyone does.
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    i've got all the gt sport guys since I add them to the division chats on psn
  4. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    I would find it more appealing if the test were run like a community event, in the form of mini-championship.
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    oh we will be scoring ;)
  6. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    And can we please give Maggiore a rest?
    xlxy90 likes this.
  7. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    this x100
    CaptainRisky21 likes this.
  8. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    changed OP
    maggiore replaced by catalunya
    Tristan Jones and xlxy90 like this.
  9. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    Would it be an idea to run the points table as per second post in the current championship as a behind the scenes thing based on drivers overall race time?

It'll be interesting to see how the points add up that way.

@Matthyus
  10. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I'm confused. Spell it out for me.
  11. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    Combining the Race Time results with the trial points system.
  12. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    winner in room 2 still finishes behind last in room 1 even if their total time is higher... (unless last in room 1 dsc)
  13. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Completly requalify so you get no sand baggers and full rooms, insentive to race for the most points you can possibly achieve each round, if people drop out of say room A the next in line in room B comes up. The system already gets used and works.
  14. deedz_aus

deedz_aus Rookie

PSN ID
    deedz_aus
    Why don't we just distribute points* based on total race finish time? so that way rooms don't make any significance and its based on how long it took you to complete the race that determines your ranking and points for the weekend? :thumbsup:

Qualifying still to be required, but at least the potential to get a better finish than the lowest driver in the higher room is achievable if you have a better race overall? food for thought.

*edited for clarification
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
  15. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    If you put me in division 2 on sunday, I may have less drivers to battle, letting me run away out front for a better total time than if I was in division 1.
    But another point about this system test, is that you should theoretically have more chances to battle against other drivers of similar pace at that track/car combo every week
    VARDZ, Tristan Jones and deedz_aus like this.
  16. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    So say 1 or 2 of d1 have a complete diaster of a run and het lapped several times. In this model they still get more points then the best in d2, because they qualled better?
  17. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I would say that lapped several times is a park up and that is below last in the bottom division, but above dsc's

The point of the last in div 1 being higher than 1st in div 2, is to stop sandbagging to get into a lower div and then blitz the race and score better than guys in div 1 who were battling the whole race
  18. LennonLegend1993

LennonLegend1993 Team Driver

This.
    Makes perfect sense, and to be honest, sounds a lot more attractive to me.
    deedz_aus likes this.
  19. CAB77

CAB77 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    So my only suggestion is what if you just add a time penalty to lower divisions. Say like 20 seconds for Div 2 and 40 Seconds for Div 3. This would punish a sandbagger but if someone drives well in a lower division they still have a chance at a position better then 17th.
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    time penalty against who? we aren't compared total finish times between rooms