GT-Sport [Completed] Super Production Championship Cup

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by THE_UNDER_STUDY, Sep 22, 2020.

1. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    You misunderstood, my car felt like it lost power after the accident with and josh (and you) on the straight. The red indicator went out but the effect seemed to stay, i just couldn't match the speeds I'd done easily prior. I'd spent enough laps in and out of the slipstream to know all wasn't well for the last hand full of laps as I made my way rearwards through the field. I had done pretty well up til then even though the mediums weren't as good as I expected. The battling was really close and hopefully i'lll be able to get the replay from somewhere to watch it all again. I have no clue how the car changes will play out over the series but I had a really enjoyable race in the VW.
    Apex_64 and Xtr3meNZer like this.
  2. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Gtkingx shared the replay
    Xtr3meNZer and incey like this.
  3. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Ah my bad, must have misheard or misinterpreted what you had said. Crazy though that it did that
    incey likes this.
  4. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    My race was mostly struggling along behind the pack ahead. I lost contact after getting pushed wide at turn 1 on lap 2 and was never able to catch up again as the pack ahead enjoyed the draft. I caught up late in the race after I switched to RS but it was too late. An attempt to draft past Josh was thwarted when as I moved right to go past he also moved right and we touched slightly which transferred my pace to him. I gained again and attempted to pass on the left just before the line. He again moved across but I kept a wide berth this time as he squeezed me towards the wall just leaving a whisker between me and the wall. It was a close finish
    gtkingx and Apex_64 like this.
  5. THE_UNDER_STUDY

THE_UNDER_STUDY Team Driver

Morning,
    I hope everybody enjoyed the first round of the Rebel Cup. Overall results will be out soon.

I am however, hoping for some help. I have the actual qualifying positions for both rooms, but I am hoping to get a hold of the actual qually times. Did anybody screenshot the times? If you did, could you please post a screenshot here.

Thanks.
    Steve Neilson likes this.
  6. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    It's not possible to screenshot all the qually times, just pole
  7. THE_UNDER_STUDY

Ah, the limitations of GTS.....:mad::mad::mad:
  8. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    if everybody took a screenshot you could work it out from gap to pole and car in front too
    THE_UNDER_STUDY likes this.
  9. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Just watched the room 2 replay, some great racing in there boys! Tubbster and xlxy battling hard most of the way and norm comes in to pip Tubbster on the line by 0.002 seconds! :eek: Tubbster actually looked in front on the replay, but the result still stands. Grabbed the fastest laps too
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  10. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    those liveries look really professional. great stuff
  11. TUBBSTER22

TUBBSTER22 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    TUBBSTER22
    That was a great battle with xl and norm. Spewing I didn’t get on the podium but hey hats off to those two . Since they are team mates in room 2 I wonder if I had my team mate groover in that battle would the results been different
    gtkingx and UrsineSaturn9 like this.
  12. THE_UNDER_STUDY

In the whole hub bub of finalising everything for the first round, I did not announce the penalty/protest procedure. My apologies.
    Below is the Rebel Cup Penalty outline.
    [​IMG]

*Protests must be lodged by midnight Saturday, after each round at the latest. Video/picture evidence must be supplied along with a description of the incident.

*All initial protests are to be sent to me ( @THE_UNDER_STUDY )
    *I will then choose 2 other stewards to adjudicate the protest from the remaining stewards below

@Xtr3meNZer , @UrsineSaturn9 , @emmo46 , @T F Eccles , @VARDZ
    (They will be chosen based on the parties involved so there is no conflict of interest.)

*Protest outcomes will be advised at the same time as the points table is released after each round.
    (Approximately Sunday/Monday)
    Added to OP.​
  13. THE_UNDER_STUDY

ROUND 1 CONTENDER CUP ENTRY NOW OPEN
    Team owners, please go to the below link to enter your team and drivers.

>>>>ENTRY FORM<<<<
    Xtr3meNZer likes this.
  14. THE_UNDER_STUDY

Round 1 Protest Decisions.
    This rounds stewards were @THE_UNDER_STUDY , @UrsineSaturn9 , @T F Eccles

Protest 1: Careless Driving - Redressed Incidents
    Drivers involved: @apex2691 and @Xtr3meNZer
    Decision: 3 Penalty Points to @apex2691 . 2 points for the infringement plus loss of bonus point for finishing 3rd in room.

Apex did not leave adequate racing room for Xtr3me. The 2nd contact forced Xtr3me to slow considerably. We have put this down as a redressed incident as Apex indicated fault but was unable to redress as the race had finished.

Protest 2: Incorrect Car Specifications
    Driver Involved: @BlackArmour34
    Decision: Loss of room bonus points for room win (3 Penalty Points)

BlackArmour34 ran at 1311kg instead of 1366kg. Was an honest mistake as he was a last minute entry. Keeps win, but loses bonus points which will put demote him back into 2nd place in the standings.

[​IMG]
    This concludes Round 1 Rebel Cup protests.
    Cheers.
    UrsineSaturn9 and Xtr3meNZer like this.
  15. THE_UNDER_STUDY

Peersy, UrsineSaturn9 and Xtr3meNZer like this.
  16. THE_UNDER_STUDY

There has also been a small update to the ballast system for the Rebel Cup. The original Ballast was set out on the basis of having a 32 driver grid. When smaller grids are racing, it disproportionately adds weight to more cars than meaning. So the ballast system will now run on a fluid basis. Regardless of numbers, 1st position will get +3% weight added and last -3% removed, with the cars in between given an even spread of + and - ballast to ensure evenness throughout the field.

Cheers.
  17. Steve Neilson

Steve Neilson Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    So Max and I +1, BA is +3
  18. THE_UNDER_STUDY

Yes. @UrsineSaturn9 has worked on a new table that is much easier to navigate re weights for each driver and car and will be released after the Contender Cup round this week.
    Stay tuned...
  19. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Good morning Gents,

As some of you may have seen GT Sport is having issues with their servers, causing lobby races to be unable to run. This obviously will cause our first Contender Cup race to be postponed if it isn't rectified.

We're keeping an eye on this, and will keep you all updated as we know more information. I will be on tonight for some practice as it is, so watch for a room to be opened. From what I understand, the lobbies open are fine, it's when you actually start a race is when it crashes.

Thanks all, hopefully they have it fixed before tomorrow night. We're working on what we can do in the absence of the race being available to run.
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
    gtkingx, Easyprey007 and Peersy like this.
  20. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    That sux
    Xtr3meNZer likes this.