GT-Sport [Completed] Super Production Championship Cup

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by THE_UNDER_STUDY, Sep 22, 2020.

1. THE_UNDER_STUDY

THE_UNDER_STUDY Team Driver

Announcement and Apology:
    With Round 1 of the Rebel Cup done, hopefully some of the bugs and issues within the series are getting sorted out.

To speed up the protest protocol I bought in a rule that involved stewards viewing a protest without contacting the driver being protested against unless there was further information required. Then once a decision has been reached, the results are announced with the protestee given the right to appeal.
    In hindsight I understand that this was a mistake. It did not give the opportunity of right of reply before the announcement, (or as someone put it to me, a Kangaroo Court situation.)
    So from now on we will revert back to the normal process in regards to protests.

I would also like to take this opportunity to personally apologise to @apex2691 and @Blackarmour34 for being the first drivers involved in this new protest procedure. It was not my intention to cause issues.

As a result, I have appealed both decision on behalf of both of you. I do have some information from you guys, but if you would like to offer more information in regards to your incidences, please contact me though PM ASAP as results of the appeal will be delivered by the end of the week.

You Live and learn.

Cheers.
    Max Gassit, incey, Apex_64 and 5 others like this.
  2. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Can we please have all drivers planning on racing in the CC this week turn up tonight for a meeting in the midst of the lobby issues we're having. There is a plan we can have in place which will require everyone being on board and understanding what we're going to try (Manual rolling start, video recording of race etc etc).

Cheers
    Apex_64, gtkingx and THE_UNDER_STUDY like this.
  3. gtkingx

gtkingx Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    Make a time so everyone knows when to be there?
    Apex_64 and Xtr3meNZer like this.
  4. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Sorry, I had written that I would be there early, but then deleted, and posted as I'm working haha.

Lets say room will be open from 7.30AEDT - 9.30pm NZ Time at the latest. I should be on before then though.
    gtkingx likes this.
  5. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    It's fine if you open the room early, but let's aim to have driver briefing at 8.30pm for those that can't join earlier and after doing some testing beforehand before reaching a decision. With some luck, the issue may fix itself before Thursday, but let's plan for the worst. I think it should still be possible to run a race in Practice mode with some discipline
    gtkingx, Apex_64 and Xtr3meNZer like this.
  6. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Thanks Ursine - been a bit hectic here today with a staff member quitting and trying to cover a few things, my mind has been racing. 8.30pm sounds perfect, I shall be there
  7. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    With the nature of the Tokyo track there may be a number of side by side finishes, without race results how can you be sure of the result, also a rolling start will be harder to manage than a standing start. I suggest if the problem hasn't been resolved we run round 2 at Spa tomorrow night. It will be a standing start and side by side finishes are less likely.
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    might be better to just postpone. also, if that doesn't work because of dates/timing, then run round 1 and 2 in the same night at half distance each maybe?
  9. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    There should be some free Sundays in January that we may be able to use to catch up if we have to delay.
    gtkingx, Apex_64 and Xtr3meNZer like this.
  10. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Don't know about Spa, but either run by other means or postpone. Let's see.
    My idea (still to be tested) to determine race times is for everyone to park up after lap 21, take a screenshot (and save last hour of game play) and use the difference in total elapsed time and lap 22 time to calculate the finishing time.
  11. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    Tried a "race only" last night, the obvious happened.
    I am sure you probably have tried this, but will it run "Qually/Race" format, or a race on "time" format, not laps?
    I doubt it will work :rolleyes:
  12. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    The other difference with running a race in practice mode is you'll need to work out refuel amount yourself as you won't get a diamond indicator
    Apex_64 likes this.
  13. gtkingx

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    What's the diamond indicator? I've always just gone by the "remaining laps" number which is there in practice mode? What have I been missing out on? haha
    Apex_64 likes this.
  14. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    when you pit the gauge shows up and shows how much you are filling up and there is a diamond on top of the bar indicating that amount will get you to the end
    gtkingx and Apex_64 like this.
  15. Steve Neilson

Steve Neilson Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    The diamond works on current/till now usage.
    If you get no slipstream or rev harder you will run out.
  16. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    Ditto never noticed the diamond, but to make you feel better I didn't see the laps left on fuel gauge till R2 season 2 :speechless:
    gtkingx and UrsineSaturn9 like this.
  17. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    This round might be just as much about maths as racing!
  18. gtkingx

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    Apparently I do need glasses
    Apex_64 and UrsineSaturn9 like this.
  19. gtkingx

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    FYI everyone there is a system update(took about 10 minutes)
  20. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Lobbies seem fixed after 2 test races
    Xtr3meNZer likes this.