GT-Sport [Completed] Super Production Championship Cup

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by THE_UNDER_STUDY, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Suppose I should thank the team first and foremost for helping me out with my minimal practice to get where I did.
    Got pole with a last ditch lap and almost straight away had @gtkingx pass me and take off, leaving me to battle with @UrsineSaturn9 as we also broke from the rest of the field.
    I used this to save a lot of fuel which luckily was the right decision as when we pitted, the game short filled me and I was spat out early, but I had just enough fuel to cross the line with 1%
    It would have been a race long battle for 2nd but @Viperzed went very long and played the team game perfectly splitting me and ursine to let him get out of slipstream range, and all that was left to hold 3rd until the end
  2. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I like to watch :sneaky:. That was a great race. tremendous mid field battle. Big battle for 2nd for first half of race. This is a great series.
    Hatfield, Apex_64, Xtr3meNZer and 3 others like this.
  3. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Nicely played gtkingx and Sunova Beach. Hatfield was holding me up slightly through the twisty sections and saving fuel on the straight so once you were out of slipstream range there was no catching up. Tried a couple of times to break the slipstream from Hatfield, but couldn't do it until Viperzed inserted himself between us soon giving me a comfortable gap. From there I was just happy to maintain the gap to gtkingx and bring home second. I watched the replay too and were some great battles through the field
    [​IMG]
  4. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    First and foremost - THANKYOU to everyone that showed up last night and joined in on this amazing series. Seeing that line up there in Ursines picture gave me chills - All this work in the background by many of us to get this series to where it is, and to hear there was close battles throughout, team work etc... just fantastic :thumbsup: @THE_UNDER_STUDY I'm gutted you're not able to participate - you've put in a lot of hard work to get this to where it is.

My race was pretty uneventful throughout most of it. Qualified midpack, had some close intense racing at the beginning which was to be expected, with @GasMonkee78 almost taking us out with a very late brake at Turn 1 on lap 2 or 3 lol.

Once I got a gap to 5th place behind me, it was just cutting hot laps, no slipstream in front as the leaders were 2.5 seconds up the road, and just kept getting further and further away. Tried pitting one lap early to get some form of an undercut, but it wasn't to be. Kicking off on the softs, meant I was riding the Mediums until the end, and when I saw @Max Gassit gaining on me hard my team mates informed me he was on softs for his last stint. About 3 laps later he was right up behind me, and due to my tyres, I knew I had to stick with him when he got past me. So his Mustang went sailing past on the straight as expected, and I managed to keep with him throughout (Luckily my Scirrocco was great through that back section as he would have been gone otherwise).

Coming down to the last lap, it was intensely close. I think I was in the lead over the line at the start of the lap, he got past, and I just sat there on his rear bumper as much as I could. He made a slight mistake touching the wall through the last section, and I had to go on the outside to avoid... then we were side by side - which caused another wall connection from both of us, but not loosing too much time, and I slotted in behind him for the last turn. Exiting the corner at 0.3 seconds behind I was in with a chance... and well, I ended up beating him by 0.002 seconds... WOW. @Max Gassit Thankyou for that last part of the race, was fantastic!

I'm sure this is only one story of many, sorry for the LONG message lol!

Congrats to the podium @gtkingx, @UrsineSaturn9 and @Hatfield - well done, wish I was up in that battle between you two Ursine and Hat.

Until next time! Thank you again
  5. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Ballast
    [​IMG]
    Qually
    [​IMG]
    Grid
    [​IMG]
    Race
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Fastest laps
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    PS - the new PS App sucks - you can't zoom in on the images!
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
  6. THE_UNDER_STUDY

THE_UNDER_STUDY Team Driver

Well done to everyone in the CC last night. Sounds like it was a great race. Results will be published soon. Any protests to be sent to me via PM by midnight Saturday at the latest.

Cheers.
    gtkingx, Xtr3meNZer and JJ_Penguin like this.
  7. THE_UNDER_STUDY

Contender Cup Standings after Round 1.
    https://sites.google.com/view/nextgenspcc/contender-cup/contender-cup-results?authuser=0

Rebel Cup Standings after Round 1.

https://sites.google.com/view/nextgenspcc/rebel-cup/rebel-cup-results?authuser=0

As this is an interactive table I am unable to at this time embed the results here. I am hoping to get the site whitelisted so I can post directly here. In the meantime, you will need to go to the above site.
    Cheers.

*Results in both cups unofficial atm as current protests are being addressed.
  8. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Hmm, Apex finished ahead of Viperzed, what is this?
  9. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Can confirm, Lost out in a drag race to the line
    emmo46 likes this.
  10. THE_UNDER_STUDY

STREAMING ANNOUNCEMENT:
    Next Generation Racing Series can announce that Demo1Garage will be streaming the Contender Cup races for the remainder of the series. Josh from Demo1Garage has a long and professional history of streaming, with his latest being the ROOZ Sunday league and the ROOZ PS4 ACC GT3 Championship. We are proud to be added to this list.

Don't forget to check out and subscribe to the following links so not to miss out on any of the action.
    http://demo1garage.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/demo1garage/
    YouTube
  11. THE_UNDER_STUDY

ROUND 2 REBEL CUP ENTRY NOW OPEN.
    [​IMG]
    Please go to the below link to confirm your entry.
    >>>>CLICK HERE<<<<
    *Drivers within teams do not need to enter.
    Team owners, you are required to enter your drivers through the form. Choose your team name and enter your drivers for confirmation. This needs to be done to ensure your team gets points for the round.

Rebel Cup Colour groupings;
    [​IMG]

Round 2 pairings
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
    LE_bananajosh, Anders, Peersy and 6 others like this.
  12. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Good Race Eve Rebel Cup drivers.

I will have an open room tonight for practice for anyone interested. Likely from about 6.30-7.00pm AEDT. Will be open until late (my time)

Catch ya then!
    incey, THE_UNDER_STUDY and Peersy like this.
  13. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    Quick question about the success ballast @THE_UNDER_STUDY

If you win a round, does the ballast apply across all 3 cars or just the car that you won in?
  14. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    The ballast for the Rebel cup goes on the User - so all cars technically

There is a quick reference which Usrine has come up with which shows all the cars for you and their weights in the OP.
    THE_UNDER_STUDY, xlxy90 and Peersy like this.
  15. THE_UNDER_STUDY

Reminder for teams/drivers:
    vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

ROUND 2 REBEL CUP ENTRY NOW OPEN.

[​IMG]
    Please go to the below link to confirm your entry.
    >>>>CLICK HERE<<<<
    *Drivers within teams do not need to enter.
    Team owners, you are required to enter your drivers through the form. Choose your team name and enter your drivers for confirmation. This needs to be done to ensure your team gets points for the round.
    Rebel Cup Colour groupings;
    [​IMG]

Round 2 pairings
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  16. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    Xtr3meNZer likes this.
  17. THE_UNDER_STUDY

Cheers, xl, Thanks for letting me know. Have updated the entry sheet.
    Xtr3meNZer and xlxy90 like this.
  18. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    i've been refreshing for an hour, hurry the f up will ya :D:D:D
    Xtr3meNZer likes this.
  19. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Morning,

To confirm for tonights rooms:

Room 1: - Host @Xtr3meNZer

Yellow :sneaky:
    • CaptainRisky21
    • Razor4797
    • Apex_64
    • Xtr3meNZer
    • Incey
    • Emmo46
    • DirtyTomCo
    Red :devilish:
    • Normxc
    • Viperzed
    • TUBBSTER22
    • Max_Gassit_28
    • Anders_race
    • Steve_73_GOOF
    • Blunty075
    Room 2: Host @UrsineSaturn9

Blue :cool:
    • Xlxy90
    • DRZ-Hatfield
    • LITTLEBLACKO_
    • GasMonkee78
    • BlackArmour34
    • Maccajack77
    • AB_Saints_25
    Purple :laugh:
    • Groover33
    • gtkingx
    • UrsineSaturn9
    • Steved30race
    • GT_bananajosh1
    • Peersy_23
    Please ensure you are in the correct party chat for the evening if you wish to be on, and ensure you are all friends with the host.

See you tonight.
  20. THE_UNDER_STUDY

emmo46 likes this.