GT-Sport [Completed] Super Production Championship Cup

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by THE_UNDER_STUDY, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    oh I read it off a points table but maybe the numbers I saw had pole or FL included
    emmo46 likes this.
  2. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    You’re right. +2 for Risky’s pole and FL, +1 for my pole, +1 for Xl’s FL
  3. ScottPye20

ScottPye20 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    ScottPye20
    Would I be able to enter the Rebel Cup as a privateer after the break? I'll be using my fubbletrouble888 account.
    UrsineSaturn9 and Xtr3meNZer like this.
  4. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Definitely, welcome aboard.
  5. THE_UNDER_STUDY

THE_UNDER_STUDY Team Driver

Notice in regards to point scoring for Contender and Rebel Cups. (Sprint Rounds.)

I just wanted to confirm how the scoring will be adjudicated for the sprint rounds of both series. This has been something that I let slip in regards to advising drivers so I apologise for that.

*Scoring for sprint rounds are done by combining your finishing times over your 2 races to find your overall position for the round.
    Unfortunately the software (adjusted from rfactor2) I use to produce the results has limitations in regards to how races are scored. ​
    Again apologies for the lack of clarification,
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.
  6. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    I can't help but think this system may be a little flawed in this scenario? I know first hand that the top 3 cars in the second race all slowed down to enable a formation finish to occur as they weren't aware of the point scoring system.

Personally I'm a believer that points based aggregate is a more fair system anyway, Leaves less chance for arguable driving or questionable motives to ruin someones race time.
  7. THE_UNDER_STUDY

I agree that this system is flawed. It is something that I found out after the series started that the limitation the software has. (Captain hindsight and all that)
    As the series is set up as a class based system along with teams, I needed some software that could produce all these results for me/series. Something that a basic excel sheet couldn't provide. (Not that I could find that worked anyway) So whilst this software can dish out alot of info in those regards, it limits how I can enter the info unfortunately.

Over the 3 week break I will discuss with the NGS team in regards to moving forward. It might be a case of making the remaining sprint rounds into enduros in order to remove this situation.
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Manually score sprint rounds and the input placings into the software?
    razor4797 likes this.
  9. THE_UNDER_STUDY

The software emphasis is time based. It uses .xml file to produce the results. It uses the track length and laps to get its base. Without entering timings within its parameters (why I dont know), it will not accept the race result, which without adding the times together this happens. Like I said, its not perfect.
  10. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    I think it may be possible if there's any HTML gurus out there. If so, PM @THE_UNDER_STUDY to see if you can help
  11. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    just put in the time for 1st and then add 1 for the time for 2nd and etc for the field to get the results you need
    CaptainRisky21 likes this.
  12. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    The discussion about time V points was all addressed and decided in the captains chat. I advised my team members we were using time. After time was decided for the Rebel round you would assume that would also apply to the Contender round.
    THE_UNDER_STUDY likes this.
  13. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Very few people made this assumption. For Rebel Cup the decision to base it on time made sense considering multiple rooms so the possibility for a tie was greatly reduced, For the single room, a time based system just didn't make any sense except to fufill the program requirements which makes sense, however just seems like a waste.
  14. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    The decision wasn't based on multiple rooms or resolution of ties. It was based on the unsuitability of points usage for the time based software.
  15. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    It would have been great to know that Contenders cup was going to be time based prior to racing. The top 3 wouldn't have performed a formation finish for the entertainment of those watching the stream if we knew we were going to get penalised so heavily for doing so. This is a huge kick in the shin, and strongly defended by the team owner who benefited the most from the situation.
    razor4797 likes this.
  16. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    It was all discussed among the captains. I put two and two together and it came out to me that the same issues applied to both championships. When Hatfield did badly in race two we thought he was toast because it was time based. We were disappointed because at that moment we would have preferred points based. It was you slowing for the form finish that saved us.
    If Risky didn't make the same assumptions from the discussion he could have asked.
  17. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    The race occurred on the 17th December, the confirmation to those who aren't in the team owners chat that the race was to be scored on a time based finishing position was posted yesterday, the 19th December. Why weren't we told prior to the race that the points were going to be allocated in an alternate way than other sprint round based racing events?
  18. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I agree. It should have been made clear. As I said before, I told my team it was time based but a general announcement would have prevented confusion.
  19. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    Hi-tec oils will have to be a lot more ruthless come the next rounds to make up for a lot of lost points :(
  20. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I'm sure hi tek can manage that ;)