GT-Sport [Completed] Super Production Championship Cup

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by THE_UNDER_STUDY, Sep 22, 2020.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    The server is back up.
  2. DeanK

DeanK Rookie

PSN ID
    d_karki
    TBH i wasn't even going to run tonight as I have a new born at home and have stuff all sleep and as the start went later and later I was just losing interest by the minute
    Good luck all
  3. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    like we said, just let us know what's happening and we would've started earlier. @Viperzed said he was happy to miss out since his copy wasn't done
    DeanK and Viperzed like this.
  5. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Cheers for waiting for me tonight guys, really do appreciate the gesture. Apologies to @DeanK who missed out as a result of that plus room issues. I really would've missed for you mate! But all is done anyway.

Started on mediums at the back and took 5 cara in the first lap. Took a little more time to work at the next 4 and by the middle of my stint found myself in P2. Unfortunately I was under the impression it was a one stop race and ran too long on my first set of mediums which left me behind @emmo46 after an undercut. I navigatrd him on fresh softs and caught and passed both @gtkingx and @Hatfield to take up the race lead. Unfortunately I won the game of chicken but lost the war by staying out a lap too long on shredded softs and losing 5 seconds to the undercut, Which ended up being more than the winning margin unfortunately. I had the speed to win tonight but alas the brains to win were somewhere other than up in my head.

Well done Hat on the win as well as Gtking on the podium and title!
    Apex_64 and gtkingx like this.
  6. DeanK

DeanK Rookie

PSN ID
    d_karki
    I dont want anyone to miss out and was happy to go along and wait. It's like I hit a wall just before quali and was struggling to concentrate in quali and the last thing I wanted to do was ruin someone's race.and im not blaming anyone if the shoe was on the other foot ill like to think people would wait for me.
    If I didn't have a new born getting up through the night and throw work in there im running off 3-4hours sleep as it is
    Congratulations for the win but GTKING still manto take it out well done
    gtkingx likes this.
  7. DeanK

DeanK Rookie

PSN ID
    d_karki
    Mate not your fault i pulled out on my own dont apologise I thought ill be able to stay up and race but wasn't going to be able to
    Apex_64, Viperzed and gtkingx like this.
  8. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Well, the Rebel Cup is done and dusted, it's probably no surprise that Sunova Beach Racing won all the team car cups and the overall team cup. Over the last rounds though other teams didn't field full teams or any cars at all for that matter, which made the wins easy and a little deflating. That is not to take away from the brilliant efforts of my team who between them won five of the nine rounds outright and won their room in three other events. We had four drivers in the top five of the driver's cup. I congratulate them and am very glad and proud they were racing for Sunova Beach.
    Sunova Beach also took out most of the driver cups but a special mention to @Blunty075 who held us off to take out the Mazda Drivers prize and third in the overall driver cup, well done.
    Xtr3meNZer, Hatfield, DeanK and 3 others like this.
  9. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Well done to all the Sunova Beaches! :) I would have liked to challenge you to more of the podiums, but unfortunately real life got in the way and I couldn't make as many races as I would have liked.
    One more round to go for Contenders Cup, so after that I'll weigh in with a bit more of a retrospective
    DeanK, gtkingx, emmo46 and 1 other person like this.
  10. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    REBEL CUP
    Overall Driver Champion - gtking, runners up (Hatfield, Blunty075)
    VW Scirocco Driver Champion - Hatfield, runners up (Max_Gassit, Apex2691)
    Mazda Atenza Driver Champion - Blunty075, runners up (emmo46, gtking)
    Ford Mustang Driver Champion - gtking, runners up (Hatfield, Blunty075)

Overall Team Prize - Sunova Beach Racing - Owner emmo46 (drivers Hatfield, gtking, apex 2691, emmo46)
    VW Scirocco Team Prize - Sunova Beach Racing - Owner emmo46 (drivers Hatfield, gtking, apex 2691, emmo46)
    Mazda Atenza Team Prize - Sunova Beach Racing - Owner emmo46 (drivers Hatfield, gtking, apex 2691, emmo46)
    Ford Mustang Team Prize - Sunova Beach Racing - Owner emmo46 (drivers Hatfield, gtking, apex 2691, emmo46)
  11. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
  12. gtkingx

gtkingx Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    Pretty amazing team effort really, we definitely had a great captain guiding the ship. Well done team and thanks for having me Emmo, it's been a great team to be a part of!
    DeanK, Easyprey007, Apex_64 and 2 others like this.
  13. Blunty075

Blunty075 Rookie

PSN ID
    Blunty075
    How is it fair that people who race every round lose more points from drop rounds then those who don't race every race?
    I try to make sure I attend every race because I've committed myself to the competition, yet I get punished for it. I fully understand that without the weight/power differences I wouldn't stand a chance, but no-one should be losing positions to anyone who has raced less races in the competition. This is something that needs to be fixed, especially with the already dwindling numbers we've been experiencing of late.
  14. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Points from the best 7 out of 9 rounds count towards the championship. Competing in all 9 rounds is great if you can as gives you a chance to increase your final points standing if you can get a better result in those rounds. I'll take your comment as feedback for future events, but not clear what you are suggesting the "fix" is. Is it no drop rounds and all 9 rounds are counted or only 1 drop round with 8 rounds counted (rather than the current 7)?
  15. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    The drop system is great for people who may have life or work get in the way. Doing every round is still an advantage.
  16. Steve Neilson

Steve Neilson Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    You drop your crappest round, if someone doesn't turn up they score 0. Same as your drop. Means when they turn up they finished in higher points I guess.
    Xtr3meNZer and Apex_64 like this.
  17. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    You count your best 7 from the 9, if you race 7 or less rounds then they all count.
  18. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Final round of the Contender Cup and the series this week.
  19. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Sunova Beach team this week
    Hatfield - VW
    gtking - Mustang
    emmo - Mazda.
  20. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    The drop round/s also mitigate the possibility of a disconnection or hardware issues costing someone a championship. That surely is/would be the most unfair way for a driver to lose a championship or a drop in placings.
    I don't think there is any correlation between drop rounds and lower numbers. I think during the peak of Covid numbers went up. Now we are relatively free to live our lives again, many are doing/enjoying that "real life" stuff that is now more appreciated because of the restrictions that we were under.
    You have excelled in this series Blunty, you should be proud of your efforts regardless of drop round adjustments.
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2021