GT-Sport Supercars Next Generation Series

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by THE_UNDER_STUDY, Feb 12, 2020.

1. THE_UNDER_STUDY

THE_UNDER_STUDY Team Driver

Seemed like everyone enjoyed themselves. Thanks for turning up for the test. Apologies for the rather bad hosting, it was my first time, so be gentle. Will have it sorted by actual championship start. Couple of ideas been thrown around re tyres and fuel. Will do a bit more testing. Might knock them back a notch just so we aren't pitting all the time. Mainly the fuel though. I like the idea of trying to look after your tyres. But we'll see. Heavy damage was a talking point, but it throws the cat amongst the pigeons, so that one is here to stay.:):)
    Will organise another test run or 2 before season start.

Cheers.
    JJ_Penguin likes this.
  2. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Seems like you guys had a ball tonight. Unfortunately Thursday nights has become one of my rostered work nights so I'll be unable to take part as a driver. Any drivers looking at this category looking for a car? Happy to stay on as team manager
  3. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Oh last night was a lot of fun, and good to see the BMW held up against the others. I was a bit wary about the vehicle choice as I chose it mainly because there wasn't a lot of them, trying to mix up the field - now there's plenty lol. But in saying that, the M6 held it's own and then some, able to push quite well, and felt very comfortable to do so.

Thank you @THE_UNDER_STUDY for getting this up and running, and putting all the work in you have. This is going to be a fun season which I am already quite looking forward to. Now to just finish off that livery lol
  4. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    Had a ball last night, could have had some good results if the f'ing pit crew spent less time drinking and more time putting fuel in the car. Nice to be up the front end mixing with the fast guys for a bit. good job last night T U S. mother in law was over for a visit and said she's never heard me laugh so much
  5. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Mate, it was awesome - and yeah, well worth the laughs - personally having gone through a lot of sh!t in the last few months, last night was exactly what was needed!
  6. JJ_Penguin

JJ_Penguin Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

that was good fun. it was an eye opener but a good start. I've got a lot to learn but good thing there's a few weeks before the first race. thank you for letting me join in
    emmo46, Xtr3meNZer and incey like this.
  7. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    That was most enjoyable lads, good close respectful racing. Good balance across the cars and I was happy to vanquish my Suzuka hoo-doo.
    Matthyus, emmo46, incey and 1 other person like this.
  8. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Yes, my ear drums are still hurting!
    emmo46, Xtr3meNZer and incey like this.
  9. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Not to mention @pat65 's pesty heavy breathing ;) sounded like one of those people that would call, not say anything, but you can just hear them breathing ;) :laugh::ninja:
    UrsineSaturn9, Matthyus and emmo46 like this.
  10. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Race 1
    [​IMG]
    13th BananaJosh 2:03.641

Race 2
    [​IMG]

13th Incey 1:56.741
    14th UnderStudy 1:57.958
  11. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I had a great battle with some div 3 fellow BMW drivers in the early part of the second race, very enjoyable.
    Xtr3meNZer likes this.
  12. THE_UNDER_STUDY

What a bugger. But money and life comes first. I know @Max was looking for a drive. You could touch base with him if you need someone.
    Viperzed likes this.
  13. THE_UNDER_STUDY

How did people find their choice of cars? Interested to know if anyone is considering changing car makes now after last nights practice runs?
    JJ_Penguin likes this.
  14. JJ_Penguin

JJ_Penguin Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

seeing as I’m very new I will have a crack at each car and let you know which one I’ll use
  15. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Race replays shared
  16. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    love the lexus
  17. gtkingx

gtkingx Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    Have you decided this is the final car settings for the series? (power and weight)
  18. THE_UNDER_STUDY

BMW and Lexus, yes. Not sure if Mustang might need a small BHP boost. Would like @LITTLEBLACKO942 and @LE_bananajosh honest opinion how they found the Mustang? @JJ_Penguin did a test on the same tracks with the BMW and Lexus and he was 1 to 1.5 sec quicker. And a few of the guys have mentioned when testing the cars that the Mustang seemed to be the slowest by some margin.
    Now their is no max Manufacturer limit, so people can change the car to suit, but I would love people to choose the cars they are a fan of, so the closer the better. (in saying that, I am one of the biggest Ford fans you'll meet, but the Lexus seems to suit my driving style better, so I might go to the dark side.o_Oo_O)

Updated race regs will be posted this week sometime. (no big changes)
    As not everyone had/has access to the wheel choice I chose for the series, I will find a suitable one on the Mileage exchange in the coming weeks for everyone to get. Just looks more aesthetic with all the same wheel.

Their will be no test run this week as @emmo46 has his European Cup on this coming Sunday and their is no point in doubling up.
  19. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Why not leave the standard wheel on, they all come with the same wheel anyway I think.
  20. THE_UNDER_STUDY

The BMW standard wheel is different.