Thrustmaster T300 Fail to engage drive

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting' started by Tristan Jones, Apr 27, 2018.

1. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    Sometimes, a handful of times times online and twice offline, when I start a race I push the accelerator and fail to move away. The engine revs with no load, like in neutral, but gears showing as changing correctly. This happened when being dropped into pits online a few times, though has now happened twice in offline time trial, after crashes that I reversed from.

Not sure that this is a wheel issue, but at a loss to explain otherwise. Maybe in some cars but not others, h pattern or paddle shift related? To date I have just exited the lobby, re-entered and problem goes away. Last night it happened when I entered 10 min Q for the gr2 FIA nations cup race. I tried exiting to the race screen and reentering to no avail. I tried using the controller (still signed in so I can use my headphones) to accelerate to no avail. I tried changing view...after a few times of that I accelerated again and pulled away in chase cam...in the 6th minute of Q, was stoked to see I Q @ 13th of 19 after getting stuck!

I bought my wheel second hand from @leeboy910, and haven't done any firmware updates yet. I haven't tried tightening anything. Haven't had any other problems, has been a great first wheel. Can't remember settings off hand, but i did change from default 5/5 to make a little stronger.

Happened in the gr2 Lexus last night in time trial and FIA race, happened in the Gr3 Audi R8 in REC qualy and practise...can't remember if there were any other cars.

Any ideas before I try reattaching the wheel?

TJ
  2. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    1.Tighten up the wheel 2. update ur firmwere and see how u go..3 buy fanatec csl elite :)....seriously tho try the first 2. i hope it works out for u
  3. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    IF there is any load on the pedal BEFORE the game has loaded, sometimes the pedal doesn't work as it should. I've had this a couple of times. If you restart the race or session it will be fixed. Just don't put any load on the pedals until the session has loaded.
    Other than that, if you pull the power cable, leave for 5-10 seconds and then re-insert, should be good to go.
    Tristan Jones likes this.
  4. Tristan Jones

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    mmm i think that might be it :), i heave heard that somewhere too, and it happened once with the controller - revving before race screen and then got stuck.

I didn't think to pull cable...thats a nice thing to try if it happens in game!!

Hows the TGT?
  5. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint

Works more often than you think
    Tristan Jones likes this.
  6. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Amazing. Haven't had it out for a couple of weeks, but will probably get some time soon to put a few laps in.
    I'm going to buy another TV and move my rig to the spare room. Takes up too much space in my living room!
    Will become somewhat of a mancave.
    Tristan Jones and PaulCox like this.
  7. Tristan Jones

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    Sooo I think I solved it.

I was starting to think the resolution was to change view with the controller (even though same function on the wheel didn't change anything) and then accelerate again.

I recently bought some controller extenders, that clip into the R2/L2 triggers. I leave the controller button side up, resting on the handles and the extenders. Can you guess the resolution yet? Didn't I feel like a mug?!
    leeboy910 likes this.