THE GAMESMEN CUP - GT6 Division 2 Season 9

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 15, 2016.

1. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-
    @natmanscoop , wondered why your pit crew were so slow. Cheers for the mid race, good sporting, fun.
    Ended up a pretty lonely night for me
  2. bmx_mtb_boy

bmx_mtb_boy Rookie

PSN ID
    bmx_mtb_boy
    That was one hell of a race. First 3 laps racing Adronaught were the best battle I've had all season since the race long battle with Cola at Round 2. Was surprised to get pole given the sheer speed BMW had. Also glad I ran Soft Tyres for the 2nd stint since I had 3 spins on lap 7 & 8 which stopped me from pulling a gap on BMW before he made his 2nd stop. Sooner I get a wheel and pedals the better. Feels like it's really limiting me now.
    holdenman05 and cola1001 like this.
  3. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    results:

[​IMG]

pole: bmx

fastest lap: bmw
  4. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Ooh, it's shaping up to be a four-way fight for the championship!
    bmx_mtb_boy and holdenman05 like this.
  5. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Glad I rocked up last night! Quali was disastrous after disconnecting and having to watch everyone qualify but I think the race went a little better. Starting from last I just took it nice and easy, picked off @holdenman05 and @Luckgoesmyway on the gp section but then got stuck behind @arakasi- for a bit :p I outbroke myself going into aremberg and dropped to last before all hell broke loose. @natmanscoop ,Luck and Arakasi all forgot there was a corner there and went barrelling into the grass allowing Holden and I to stream away. Made a mistake then trailing holden, throwing away any chance of a podium. From there I got back to natman and passed him on the main straight lap 3 and proceeded to have a go at @Watto64 who did some class defending before making a mistake and letting me go on lap 7. My stop on lap 8 (I stopped earlier on lap 4) was crucial to get on softs and as I crunched fuel numbers mid battle with Watto, I wasn't 100% but after a great battle with @cola1001 I pulled ahead and had one eye on the fuel gauge the whole last lap, ended up finishing with some stupidly low number. Well done to the podium and great racing everyone! May just turn up next week.
  6. holdenman05

holdenman05 Team Driver

PSN ID
    holdenman05
    good stuff to all that were racing upto and beyond the 1.5 hour race. i started off my night by spinning twice in the qualifying lap to start 9th. started the race in half arsed race mode (on mediums) with the mission to keep the car pointing in the right direction and was rewarded with 6th position by half way of 1st lap, picked up @Watto64 near end of 2nd lap? and pitted end of lap 4 to put my softs on which i should have left for final stop but wasnt sure how long they would last as did 9/8 of bugger all practice on softs. then i started to push to make up the 18 odd seconds i gave away in the first 4 laps plus the 30 seconds of the xtra pitstop i would have to make compared to a flying @bmx_mtb_boy. rest of the race is a blur form there on in, picked up adro due to a spin and led for a while but pitted again to put my mediums back on and floored it all the way home, messed up off the end of the straight 2nd to last lap and lost 3 or 4 seconds, which is how much i trailed bmx at finish line, ive never smashed those curbs at nurburg so hard yet not crashing it on that last lap, it was a blast, grats to @bmx_mtb_boy and @BMWF30328 for the podiums (not sure but lag may have contributed him being right behind me then falling away at one point)
    arakasi- likes this.
  7. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-
    This ^^
    After seeing the pace during the week, i had a goal of finishing within the 3:00 min timer.
    Was on target, till about the last lap, when a couple of spins ended that chance, only made it halfway down the strait:(
    Congrats Podium, and a big well done @bmx_mtb_boy on ya first ROOZ Victory :thumbsup:
    bmx_mtb_boy, incey and holdenman05 like this.
  8. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Does anyone have the lap times?
  9. holdenman05

holdenman05 Team Driver

PSN ID
    holdenman05
  10. holdenman05

holdenman05 Team Driver

PSN ID
    holdenman05
    damn tyre glitch have no idea who was on what tyres
  11. disturboed

PSN ID
    disturboed
  12. disturboed

PSN ID
    disturboed
    oops. i didn't realise i never posted that! it was sitting here in my reply box for yonks, soz @emmo46 :D
  13. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    No worries :thumbsup:
  14. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  15. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    no pole or fastest lap?
  16. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Yeah, bmx boy got pole and BMW got FL.
  17. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  18. disturboed

PSN ID
    disturboed
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pole went to Motorsports,

McCracken DSC Lap 7 - best lap 1:19.051
  19. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    VICTORY!!!
    I honestly can't believe it i struggled so much during practice being consistent and keeping off walls i thought tonight wasn't going to be a good night well how wrong was i.
    Started off by getting pole with a 17.1 Starting on softs got a great launch and over the laps started building a massive gap which at its peak was 13 seconds. Not much happened for the first 16 laps until i pitted for the mediums i fell to fourth but first on the road who had stopped. By lap 20 the others had stopped and i resumed the lead with a 21 second margin back to 2nd.
    My intention was to conserve and push near the end i ended up doing the opposite slowly but consistently taking ground away from me.
    Then by lap 25 nerves started to hit when i started catching slower cars the intention was to not get involved in their fight and leave them to it.
    Overall i gained little by little on the lapped cars and the gap to 2nd was now less then 10 seconds i knew by this stage i was in an awkward position i honestly didn't want to pass the lapped cars but 2nd was gaining little bit by bit.
    Then it happened with 3 laps to go NEAR disaster happened when @Adronaught hit that invisible wall just outside of the tunnel i saw his headlights last minutes and swerved hard to the right to attempt to avoid i only just got by him however i lost 3.5 seconds in the ordeal the gap was now 6 seconds.
    Just to make it slightly more scary my teammate @disturboed did the exact same thing on the final lap however this time i had more warning and more time to avoid thanks mate for the scare :)
    And that was it as i weaved my way to the chequered flag with team boss behind huge credit goes to the podium getters @BMWF30328 and @holdenman05 gained heaps of time in the last few laps great racing guys.
    And now the completion of the season is near Twin Ring Motegi a track i really enjoy running at will it be the track which gives me a championship or will @holdenman05 come and spoil the party
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
    REVO_Bryan, Watto64 and JonoStan96 like this.
  20. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    With his dropped round he is 21 points behind, I think you can chill the champers ;)
    Motors560 likes this.