THE GAMESMEN CUP - GT6 Division 2 Season 9

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    I would but anything can happen in motor racing so once the race is finished then ill celebrate presuming i've won haha :)
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  2. Watto64

Watto64 Rookie

Big congrats to Motorsport on pole and the race win again, BMW and Holden on the podium.
    I'm done.
  3. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I thought we were only allowed to drive Mercs? :roflmao::p
    emmo46 likes this.
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    sucks on the DSC... go for the win at the final round!
  5. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Wish my PS3 didn't conk out last night :( Was looking forward to no stopping ;)
  6. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    It would have been interesting, at least the walls would keep you on track.
    Viperzed likes this.
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Motors560 likes this.
  8. Luckgoesmyway

Luckgoesmyway Rookie

Was a good race last night, wished I stopped a few laps earlier might have been able to hang on for the podium. Congrats to the top three. I won't be able to race next week so gl to all and I look forward to next season.
  9. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    don't forget to signup to the entry thread
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/season-10-entry-thread.2272/
  10. holdenman05

holdenman05 Team Driver

PSN ID
    holdenman05
    thats not going to happen lol
  11. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    if motorsports dsc with 11 or more runners it is...
  12. holdenman05

holdenman05 Team Driver

PSN ID
    holdenman05
    good race all, apart from being pushed in the back and loosing 3 places in one corner on the 1st lap was a good clean race, couldnt pull the the times that i was during practice, but drove the wheels off the merc. @BMWF30328 was flying had no answer for those sub 18 second laps and had to let him past, as we hunted @Motorsports560 down. hope to see everyone at twin rings especially @Watto64
    also @Luckgoesmyway good driving mate we were side by side for the 1st three corners giving each other room, alot of people can learn from this, its about the race sometimes not about the positions we hold at the chequerd flag
  13. holdenman05

holdenman05 Team Driver

PSN ID
    holdenman05
    ive already gained a positon on the table that way i dont want another thank you lol but i'm going for the top as usual
  14. Watto64

Watto64 Rookie

Again, you showed plenty of speed and consistency for a great result.
    The first lap was a bit of a blur for me so if it was me that gave you that push on Lap 1, I apologise as it was pretty frantic.
    I had a really bad first few laps and then started to get heaps of frame lag which seemed to get worse until I disconnected again.
    Well done on a great season @holdenman05, it was great to see someone take the battle to Motorsport over the season.
    Good luck next week.
  15. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  16. holdenman05

holdenman05 Team Driver

PSN ID
    holdenman05
    i assume twin rings road course (the full version) for the last race, and is it the time variable version?
  17. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    yes
    holdenman05 likes this.
  18. Adronaught

Adronaught Team Driver

PSN ID
    adronaught
    Special Stage 5 my worst run ever! Ever!! Quali'd 10th and exuded apathy and underachievement on the grid...BUT, got a gun start! Gained 9th, then 8th down the hill in T1, forced wide due to congestion on inside of T2, but was faster, driving out of the corner challenging 7th, I even for a fleeting moment looked for a run up the inside into T3 and KABOOM!!! LAG PUNTED!!! By the time I got going I was still damaged and 17 seconds behind the leaders...just...like...that!!!
    Had a bit of a run mid to late race, then caught the invisible rivet hanging out of the armco over the back before the dip into the third tunnel...I think motorsports was fast approaching so I did my best "holding it straight whilst rolling backwards through dense clouds of tyre smoke" to try and give him a chance of avoiding me...
    I know these things (the lag punt and the invisible rivet) are unavoidable at times but I'm glad you couldn't all hear what came out my mouth! F@#$€N NOOOOOO!!! It wasn't nice...even for grown ups! But that about sums up my season really...if I've not managed to sabotage my own race, the cool driving of the odd "over zealous on cold tyres" person, or the "internet lag punt" (Bless) has sorted the rest! Though I will say I have enjoyed some great mid-pack/mid-race/mid-life crisis battles where no one spared the horses, so it's not been all bad, but I have found Div 2 to be a tough gig! May see if I can crash my way to the podium in a no holds barred, full contact, last man standing final round! A man's got nothin to lose...(except his dignity, self respect, confidence, ah mojo...ah his standing in the broader community...etc, lol! His dog, his friends...job...car keys, and last but not least, his marbles!)
    Yes gentlemen, as I'm sure you're all aware, Gran Turismo can be a cruel, cruel mistress!
  19. bmx_mtb_boy

bmx_mtb_boy Rookie

PSN ID
    bmx_mtb_boy
    Was a shocker last round. Hoping for better for the final.
  20. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    To be honest i have mixed feeling after that race. Thrilled i've won my first online racing championship but unsure what i'm annoyed more of the :):):):)ty tyre wear or my terrible strategical call. (coming from someone who wants to be a Motor Racing Engineer lol)
    Not much to say good about that race though i'd like to apologise to the guys for racing a bus on track tonight you know you're struggling when your last lap is over 2 minutes haha ended up 7th.
    To be fair the only reason i tried this move was purely a gamble when only 10 people showed up tonight i knew i couldn't be beaten so i was like why not just to be different as everyone saw bad move but hey it happens sometimes

Anyway serious note now i really want to thank everybody in this division for the good hard clean racing that happened this season especially the likes of @Watto64 @holdenman05 @bmx_mtb_boy @BMWF30328 and @natmanscoop for giving me some great battles and challenges along the way.
    I felt like when i left Raceonoz 2 years ago i didn't do it justice. i was 15 and a really poor driver at the time constantly making mistakes and blaming it on everyone but myself.
    Over time i started really focussing on being consistent over a long period of time and starting noticing myself improving not only as a driver but also mentally like tonight the last 2 laps going from 3rd to 7th 2 years ago would've been throwing my headset to the ground and be really pissed off now i laughed and just shrugged it off it happens to everybody sometimes i said to myself
    Eventually worked the courage to come back this season to try and showcase my new and improved skills and its taken me to a championship such an unreal feeling.
    It's been a pleasure guys hopefully we can keep racing together for a while now on gt6 and into the new era of GT Sport

Thank You
    Motorsports 560 :)
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2016