THE GAMESMEN CUP - GT6 Division 3 Season 9

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  2. Cyberstig1

Cyberstig1 Rookie

PSN ID
    Cyberstig1
    Well @NAACS, @incey - bidding is now open. Make your best offer and tender your bids to determine which one of you I crash into when you lap me. Not that I would try and influence the championship outcome of course!!!!:whistling::whistling::whistling:
    incey likes this.
  3. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    Cyberstig1 likes this.
  4. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Borrow against your championship prize money. :thumbsup:
  5. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    What a cruel way to lose the Championship. f'en NBN. First 'in race' diconnect in four seasons and it happens when I'm leading the final race. dammit
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  6. steezymilo

steezymilo Rookie

PSN ID
    steezymilo
    Dude, that's less majestic than a royal kick in the nuts, sorry to see mate.
  7. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
  8. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Bad luck mate:(, but I thought you were running 2nd.
  9. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    I feel for you incey .
    Have a beer:eek:
    Something like this will only take a life time to get over.:devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish:
    incey likes this.
  10. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I should protest the shove at turn 1 that put me off track, it would put me third in the championship if it was upheld, but why bother now. Well done on the fine run to the championship @NAACS, my commiserations @incey, but 2nd isn't a shame, I would be stoked. Well done on third @Easyprey007 , you have certainly found some pace. I just managed to squeak in ahead of you for a change @Bluemoon. looking forward to matching up again next season.
  11. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    Nahh Naacs had visited the beach at the hairpin and I went sailing past, 2 seconds after celebrating DS f'enC
    Well done done on the win @NAACS and the third place @Easyprey007 ....can't believe I finshed in the sanger after all
  12. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    You were leading the championship going into this round.
    I worked hard to get pole mate. In warm up you were quicker than me.
    When race started I was stressing. With you being alongside me.
    After I got through first corner I just had to focus. I knew you'd jump on any mistake.
    So until the NBN devil got involved I was looking forward to a great race with you. I expected us to both give it a good go. I was surprised with your first stint tyre choice, but the run home would've been good fun.
    Thank you for some great racing this season @incey. It's been brilliant
    Commiserations for being DSC'd.
    You didn't deserve that.
  13. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    I never went off. On my screen you were behind me.
  14. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Mine too. must have been the PS Gods teasing him
    Easyprey007 likes this.
  15. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    Ahhhhh, it must have been my connection failing just before I dropped out. Out of curiosity what lap did you pit on @NAACS ? I was looking forward to the softs stint that for sure
  16. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    Lap 16
  17. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I was really annoyed after watching the replay just before going to bed. I knew I could do the full race non stop on softs and had a strategy where I would stay with @Easyprey007 and @Bluemoon as best I could until their stops and then try to hold my self together for the run to the flag. I was hoping for a third place behind Naacs and Incey as I knew no strategy was going to get me near them. Unfortunately the whole thing turned to poo at the first turns. I got a good start but being on the left of the grid it just put me on outside for turn one. There was a shoving match going on between easy and moon through turn 1 and 2 with first Moon shoving easy wide and then easy diving back under moon for the exit of the corner. Easy pushed moon out to the track edge at the exit of the corner and unfortunately I was still outside both of them trying to avoid contact, easy and moon shoved me off track and then I went side ways back across the track in front of an innocent @mmm_homebrew. sorry brew.
    Anyway I dug myself out of the sand and set off to see if I could make up any time. I was pushing harder than I planned and was slowly gaining on those from 3rd place back when I put the inevitable rear wheel in the dirt at turn 3 and had another spin, that was 20 seconds I had lost and I knew that was going to make my strategy almost impossible to work.
    I pressed on though and once everyone had pitted I was back on easys tail, comfortably ahead of cola, moon was in the lead doing a no stopper on RMs. It was then head to head for me and easy with him on new RMs and me on half worn softs. I was quicker at that point but unfortunately I almost ran into the back of easy as he braked for turn three and ran wide into the sand in avoidance. That was another 10 seconds gone and Cola got through at that stage meaning my plan was pretty much over. What pisses me off the most is if wasn't for those lost 30 seconds I would have taken 2nd place and 3rd in the championship.
    I am sort of happy to finish 4th place in the championship, easyprey really deserve the 3rd though, but I'm still disappointed I couldn't get the job done for a top 3. It's been a loooong time since I featured in the top three.
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
    Easyprey007 and JonoStan96 like this.
  18. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    That turn one was hectic emmo it was like a I was in a pinball machine I knew you were there but then when moon wedged up the inside I sensed we were not going to all make it around t2 corner so I backed off the throttle slightly then took the inside line .I had no idea you had come off as I didn’t look back. Poker face was on and job in hand. Thanks for the kind words I had some gr8 races this season and had a lot of fun. CHEERS
  19. Cyberstig1

Cyberstig1 Rookie

PSN ID
    Cyberstig1
    Easyprey007 likes this.
  20. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    Cola?? Were the gods of gt6 at play here. As fighting with cola would be good going as he in Div 2 LoL
    Easyprey007 likes this.