THE GAMESMEN CUP - Season 3 - Division 4

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Dev1lman_87

Dev1lman_87 Rookie

PSN ID
    Dev1lman_87 Swampy_Marsh
  2. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Geez that's a disappointing turn out for the enduro round must have been very little on track action
  3. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Well, that was long race, but a fun one at that.
    Quali: P2, knew i didnt really have the pace in quali to get pole, so was just aiming for the front row, and thats what i got
    Race: P2, Didn't start well for me. When i did my usual start procedure of jamming down on the handbrake and giving it some revs, i noticed my car seemed to be rolling forwards. This freaked me out a little and as a result i ended up taking my hand off the handbrake and rolling forwards to much only to give myself a jump start penalty. Came in end of lap 1 to serve my penalty, and then started the long and hard charge back the front where i belonged. Breezing by Bevo and Devil on lap 2 was the easy bit, became harder to get past Col as he defended well before i eventually got round him and then found myself reeling in @Ryzza5 . We had a bit of a back and forth battle as i would gain a few tenths here and there, and then he'd get them back at me through the twisty section. Managed to get round him once, only to throw it away about a lap later and re-gift him the position. Ryzza came in lap 22, and i spent a few more laps out in clear air trying to build a gap, in the process i had a half spin on lap 24 and decided my tyres had had enough i needed new rubber. Came in, field up, put on some new boots and off i went again, about 10 seconds behind Ryzza. By this point the night was clearing, and then fog was starting to become heavier. My tyre temps started to drop a little and i was just concentrating on keeping it on the road and keeping consistent lap times. Ended up being a train for most of the second half of the race, once the fog lifted, i found a lot more pace, but so did Freddy and Ryzza. By that stage, my plan was just to bring the car home in P3 and not do anything stupid. Fortunately for me Ryzza had a moment with 5 to go at Pouhon and i got round him, setting my fastest lap of the race in the process and managed to then extend my lead over Ryzza to almost 15 seconds and claim my thrid, second of the season (starting to think this is a sign i'm nothing but a #2 driver).
    Hats off to @freddyp_33 on another very dominate race (must be getting boring out in front for you though), and congrats to Ryzza for also rounding out the podium.

On another note though, I know there are some members in this div that have genuine reasons as to why they cant race at the moment, but for the rest of us, its a shame only having a room of 5 when we used to 10-12 week in, week out
    stucar17 likes this.
  4. Nathancarhead

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Also, sorry to @Dev1lman_87 when i came by to lap you. My car got all out of shape through the right hander and then hit the outside kerbs which put me in the wall leaving you with nowhere to go. Hopefully it didn't cost you to much time
  5. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
    PSN: Ryzza5 / Steam: Ryzza5
    Might have been quite the close finish if I didn't gift those 12 seconds to you after pitting. Shame our most consistent laps were out of view from each other.
  6. freddyp_33

freddyp_33 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    freddyp_33
    I don't know about on track but there was enough off track action for me. With the set up I had it was great in the warmer parts of the day but bad during the night period. So more than enough off track excursions for me during the race than I was comfortable with.
    But the numbers are a bit disappointing, although if you consider the fact that we did start with 6 plus there were at least 3 others that couldn't race for other reasons e.g. internet & shifting house etc it was probably the best we were going to do.
    stucar17 likes this.
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  8. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

It appears, just what I heard, that I will be in hospital until at least 7:45 tonight for obs because they do that for 24hrs post surgery. Highly doubt I will be in the race tonight.[​IMG]
    Nathancarhead and SPL Racing like this.
  9. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    What have you done mate ?
  10. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

To keep it clean, I had gut cramps in the morning and by 10 I was busy kled over in pain. Went to the ER and had a hernia. They had to perform surgery last night and will be keeping me in through to tomorrow to ensure no issues as it had caught part of the bowel.

[​IMG]
    SPL Racing likes this.
  11. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Man hernia sucks. Been there before, lower gut also. Just dont do what i did and try and jump over a puddle of water and pull ya stitches out! Ended up back in there.
  12. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Hope you feel better soon mate
  13. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Feeling better but they just wanna make sure no hiccups with the bowel. Am back on my feet and off the drugs. The good thing is I have the iPad and foxtel go so watching Le Mans :)
  14. Nathancarhead

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Hey guys,
    Been very quiet the last few days as i have been flat out with work and havent even had a chance to check rooz for about 3 days.

Am planing on having the room up by about 7:30pm AEST tonight, sooner we get everyone in, sooner we can start. Don't expect anything impressive from me tonight as i have not turned even a corner of Zuhai yet, let alone a lap.
  15. Nathancarhead

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Usual race, usual story. Another race in which i qualified second behind @freddyp_33 , had a brilliant start, was leading for the first lap, then managed to bottle it and regift the lead back to Freddy only for him to run off into the distance never to be seen again with me coming home second (for the 4th race in a row). Had a few quick battles all through the field with Colin, Devil and Clevo and was all a bit of fun tonight. Good bit of fun tonight, thanks to all those that showed up tonight!
  16. Dev1lman_87

Dev1lman_87 Rookie

PSN ID
    Dev1lman_87 Swampy_Marsh
  17. Killercarlcox69

Killercarlcox69 Professional

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    Well done freddy :thumbsup:
    AOCleaner74 and Kart-No-1 like this.
  18. Killercarlcox69

Killercarlcox69 Professional