The Pit Stop App - Opinions on its use.

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Pete, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Pete

Pete Rookie

For those that don't know there is an app for Assetto Corsa that allows a driver to automate their pit stop. The driver can select the tires, quantity of fuel and what repairs that can be made. It is activated by pulling into the pits and hitting a key. The normal time for change of tires, fuel and repairs applies.
    To see it in action:

I suspect strongly based on chatter in the Div2 league race that people are using it with varying degrees of success. In the interests of full disclosure I have used it in 2 of the league races.

So it is worth having an open discussion if it is considered "fair" to use.
  2. Mael

Mael Professional

Did not know about the app but it is a fantastic idea. In my opinion if the app is common knowledge, with links available to the download site on our forum then the use should be ok as everybody has the same access to the app. Assetto Corsa is a driving simulation not a team management simulation.
  3. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Thanks Pete.

Like Mael, I didn't know about it either and think this kind of feature is borderline essential for AC with pit stops in their current form...

However, it is not a formal release. Some guy has coded it and uploaded to his own forum (North American Grand Prix) then others have shared the link on the AC forums. It hasn't been officially released on the AC forums and doesn't offer full support e.g. resolutions. So not everyone will be guaranteed to be able to use it successfully. Plus you have to sign up to said forum in order to access the download file... so not exactly 'public' or 'common knowledge'.

I think it certainly offers a significant advantage, both in pit stop time and in optimising fuel load - which in the glick seems to have a reasonable affect on lap times but I don't chance the fuel load bar and just hit fill to save time like I'm sure many others do.

So on this note, similar to the discussion on the AC forum, it's my opinion me ensure everyone can successfully use the app (or knowing it's advantages choose not to), or ban it - which of course relys on honesty.
    Cherno likes this.
  4. Pete

Pete Rookie

The author posted links in the ac forums so it is broadly available, it is not necessary to sign up to another forum to access it.
  5. David Brister

David Brister Team Driver

Do you have the link for it so we can all try it please?
  6. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/pitstop-settings-app.19137/#post-421166
    This guy posting appears to give credit to someone else as the author.

Ah bummer I missed the direct links further down and ended up registering on NAGP to access the d/l :rolleyes:
    http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/pitstop-settings-app.19137/#post-421596 (click on the resolution that you need)
  7. Shampwho

Shampwho Rookie

well..that will save me at least...8 or 9 seconds that are lost from having to keep clicking the fuel .etc in the pits?..wow....if people are using it i guess i should try getting it.
  8. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    David Brister likes this.
  9. Steve Crossland

Steve Crossland Team Driver

Yeah as long as it's open to all then it's fair.
    I'd rather not use it but then again, pitstops are normally planned right?
  10. Frostwa

Frostwa Rookie

With 1 race to go in the season I think it should be banned until next season
  11. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Unfortunately it is not something we can ban as we can't tell who is or is not using it. I had heard about it but it was explained to me that I had to set up my stop during the race, so on a straight or whatever I needed to use the mouse to choose fuel and tyres. I immediately knew that would see me into a wall cause I can't do 2 things at once so I've need gone back to it. I'll look into it more over summer, but my advice is to d/l it, try and see if it is for you. Like all the other apps.
    Mael likes this.
  12. David Brister

You just set it up at the start while you wait for the lights to go out, i used it tonight for the 1st time, i had 80L at start and i knew i would do 12.7 laps so then set it to add 80L more when pitting, fix every thing and change my tyres, and wow it saved me a heap of time when i came into the pits
    Kobus Maree and KoAStR like this.
  13. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Nice DB. I didn't have time to play with it first so didn't chance it :)

Anyone tried both and found any benefit to one or the other?
  14. David Brister

i used the 1 that Peter posted up
  15. RobA

RobA New Recruit

Guess I will have to download this. I lost 7 seconds in my pitstop last night and I didn't mess around on entry to the pits. Only place I could have lost that much time was selecting and double checking to make sure I had selected the correct amount of fuel.
    David Brister likes this.
  16. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I tried both and would recommend this one (thanks Pete W), it worked first try. Just like @Mael said, bring it up during the lights or during previous session (I tested at race lights only), set up your options and later on just drive into the pits where the fuelling and tyre change etc will commence automatically.

Aside from working on all resolutions, this one also seems to correctly reflect the vehicle tyre selection, where the other one doesn't.

I couldn't get the other one to work at all. I set it up at the lights, drove into pits, and was just confronted with the regular pit menu with no pit activity initiated automatically. The potential pro for this one is the hotkey to bring the menu up mid-race for last minute set up or changes. However this didn't work for me either, so would have to bring up from the in car apps menu RHS of UI with the mouse as for the other app.
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
  17. Pete

Pete Rookie

The other one is activated by by hitting a key, it's not automatic once your in the pit, but default I think it is \ The key binding is in one of the config files
  18. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Yea I was mashing that key and it did nothing, and checked the hot key config file. Other's on the AC forums have had issues too it seems.
  19. Pete

Pete Rookie

Did you try changing it to another key
  20. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Nah but I read about people had tried that too without success, and since the other one worked for me I didn't bother.