Tips for slower drivers

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Molch, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    ^what he said. I do believe that in GT5 you could use the next tyre down, but just go online. If you want to be alone, set the room for friends only and as few as it allows, I've seen some rooms restricted to only 2 people - not sure if you can do 1??
  2. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    I have a feeling the minimum is 2 (but I haven't tried it myself).
    I ALWAYS have my room set to "friends only" and I only have ROOZ members on my friends list, so I know I won't get anyone coming in creating havoc in the room, not driving clean etc...
  3. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    The offline physics is strange really, not sure why it is different, but as the other lads have said, do all your practice online, and try and join some of the lobbies when other guys are practicing. Most will put a notice on here during the day.
    Not only can you pick up some really good pointers and get some experience racing guys in higher divisions, you'll also pick up some really good 'dad' jokes from Anon ;)
    Haha, in all seriousness, jump online and get some racing done. That's the best way to learn.
    Kart-No-1, S_CLOSE and DoogleDave like this.
  4. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    That's "Bad Dad Jokes"!! Man, kids these days...
    Ad2mny likes this.
  5. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Yeah, it's a shame they don't get it sorted as I find using the ghost replay a great tool for testing lines etc to decrease lap times. It's very well getting to the end of a lap to find either a drop or increase in lap times, but its another trying to guess where it happened.
  6. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Agreed. When you jump online, just ride onboard a few of the quicker guys to get an idea of braking points, corner speeds and that kind of thing.
    Kart-No-1 likes this.
  7. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I think one tip is to fiddle with your brake biases. I ran, what I believe to be the wrong setup for Trial Mountain, as I fell in the races and was chewing my fronts. Some tracks require different types of bias, in relation to corner type. Now, I recall there was an option to change brake bias on the fly in GT5, but Kaz's legendary perfectionism means this is unavailable online. Woo.
  8. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Agree with this.

Also, its different online to offline as there isn't the wear offline. Wear drastically changes your corner speeds etc.
  9. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    ross bentley has been my secret weapon for this week.
    Just few of these video's has opened my eye's to different way's to attack corner's also mastering not where to brake but when to finish braking for correct placement and entry speed :thumbsup:

he also has a book out.I have not gone that far but from the stuff i pulled off at imola last night i might pick it up :thumbsup:
    Ryzza5 and Stiffsht like this.