Turn Left Racing - season 5

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by t_b_williams, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
  2. scottb721

scottb721 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sooby_scott
    @Crunch, I think you are in the table as RD purely because RD is listed first and you were the only one asking for 80. Upon querying it you said you wanted SQ so I asked for RD. I was just showing the OP here that I wasn't just jumping on a taken number.
    Cheers
    Crunch likes this.
  3. scottb721

scottb721 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sooby_scott
    webnomad likes this.
  4. scottb721

scottb721 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sooby_scott
    Stupid question but is there a setting so it shows the gap time between yourself and the cars ahead and behind ?
  5. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

I wish! But sadly not.
    jasondull1986 and pykeybraa145 like this.
  6. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Managed a third for the team. Ran softs first had pole and led all but 1 lap. 3 wide into last complex couldn't manage the win. Hope you boys went well
    webnomad and t_b_williams like this.
  7. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Well done mate, I didn't do as bad as I thought, but probably thanks to other's misfortunes.
    Qualified 7th with hards, but my shifter was in fourth as the lights went off and everyone went through and was last by T3.
    Had a long nice battle with NAACS during the first stint which was a lot of fun, but put us well behind the front pack. Managed an 8th and ended up enjoying this car track combo very much, let's see what the next race brings.
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
    t_b_williams and jasondull1986 like this.
  8. Jim_aka_The_Man

Jim_aka_The_Man Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jim_aka_TheMan
    Started 5th, the first of the Hard starters, got a good start & had a 4 lap battle with a driver on softs, managed to keep him behind for a long while and got him back after he took me at one point. Ended up finishing in 2nd.
  9. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Great result on debut Jason, good points for the team.
    After not getting into the Div 1 room (sorry boys, couldn't lead by example) had the chance to witness Jim's epic last stint. absolutely awesome drive to come back through the field after dropping a few positions after the stop. I could only see around half of the div 4 field, so when you took sick on the penultimate lap,I thought you had takien the lead and I had to try and not wake the kids I was cheering you on so enthusiastically. Great result mate.
    jasondull1986 likes this.
  10. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Woohoo! :D Now that's what I'm talking about! I had an absolutely perfect race.

Qualifying wasn't great, 4th out of 5 soft starters. But I knew I didn't have outright pace, so I focused on consistency and tire conservation. I eventually took the lead after the leader was struggling with worn softs. I pitted for hard compounds soon after and remained in the lead for the rest of the race. I few were closing on me on their soft tires, but I knew that if I stayed ahead of them for long enough, their tires would fade towards the end. And so they did.

I'm not particularly looking forward to Tokyo, always one of my weaker tracks, but I'm sure it will be another awesome race!
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
  11. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Best possible result @Bryan_F. The joker was on you son, so max points for the team!!!
  12. webnomad

webnomad Team Driver

PSN ID
    webnomad
    mixed bag for me last night... qual mid field on hards and kept up until the swap to the softs... and was all ready to start the climb when the PSN chucked me out ... bummer ... :(... let's go tokyo... reverse lay out a bit tricky there...
  13. scottb721

scottb721 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sooby_scott
    We musn't have had quali. Despite posting fastest pre-race time I started the race down the grid.
  14. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I have found that happens when there are connection issues and some people can't see others.
  15. webnomad

webnomad Team Driver

PSN ID
    webnomad
    so guys... off for Tokyo... POV on the approaches / strategies / target times ?
  16. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Hey @t_b_williams, maybe you could invite some of our rookies to our dedicated strategy conversation?
  17. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Each Division has one Bryan. Am going to approach a Mod to set one up for all of us.
  18. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    first tip, don't load the tyre too much at the big hairpin, will help with tyre wear if you back off just slightly.
    Really hoping we get a good turn out tomorrow night for the team session, where we can all help each other out. Easier to do it on track that here. Plus I really want to get the team photo done. Hoping most can make it.
    webnomad and REVO_Bryan like this.
  19. freddyp_33

freddyp_33 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    freddyp_33
    Gents, could only manage a 6th place at Silverstone. Going to be a tough battle to get good points in div6 for me this year, with a few of the div5 lads dropping back.
    The real race within a race was the fact the I beat @Kart-No-1
    Not looking forward to Tokyo at all!
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
    Mister_Bond_747 likes this.
  20. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    First sector is really tricky, here is where you can gain/lose time.