TURTLE BEACH Turtle Beach Prize Race "Turn Left" | GT5 March 24th

Discussion in 'Archive' started by stucar17, Feb 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Like you said Clevo, we've all been there. Maybe we'll do it again and it will definitely be more difficult, as everyone now knows what it takes to get in the front.
    Thank you for checking the replay mate!
  2. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    I got royally shafted in pit lane, somehow got spun around on pit entry (pretty sure no one was near me though) and then got spat out of pit lane with no fuel in the tank and had to do a whole lap at 80 km/h and watch everyone fly past several times, game over man, game over.

Prior to that everything was going great, pit strategy was going to work and was just cruising around near the front waiting for the last lap mayhem, but it wasn't to be so just worked on helping get some other guys back up the front to make it a bit more interesting. This was only my 2nd ever NASCAR race (the other being a practice last week) and I find it intense but boring at the same time if that's possible, But still strangely enjoyable. I was hanging out to just use my brakes, downshift and turn right.

Cheers,
  3. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE

If you don't brake hard and slow down before the system takes over going into pits, it is likely you'll spin out and get a drive through. Happened to me during training, destroys your race if you're tight on fuel.
  4. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Yes pit entry speed is crucial, I would always brake and downshift to 3rd at least on entry.
  5. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Well I dont know what to say about that race. First ever proper long running Nascar race and finishing 4th with no strategies except to pit every 18/19 laps is not bad I suppose. Spending about a third of a lap on the grass when there was a car sideways and reversing slowly from the outside towards the inside of the track was hair raising and a big pat myself on the back moment when I made it back on track without spinning and only losing about 30 km/h and 4 secs (yay for me).

My most memorable part of the race was one of the middle stints when Bluemoon was drafting me flat out and made me keep watching my mirror waiting for him to come along side but he never did (sneaky fuel conservation move I now realise lol) and we come onto Clevohead and we bumped and swapped and battled and 2 wide around most corners. I gave him a solid bump one time on the start finish kink and let him back past then the battle resumed, all the time Bluemoon taking full advantage of our drafts. I tell you I was a sweaty mess at the next pit stop and was bit dissappointed to leave that battle. Had a few laps drafting with S_CLOSE too but barely saw midron or emmo46, just a few conversations with midron while pitting to let him know his race position (network problems meant he couldn't see everyone most of the race).

Had a few stints with no-one near me and I have to say I nearly fell a sleep a couple of times. Without other cars around you, it really is a boring old track.

On my second last stop, cruising into the pits I just punched X and then realised like Stumbles that it wasn't gonna fill my tank. But like Stumbles it worked for me and I made it to lap 104 before my final pitstop.

So anyway Bluemoon appeared top of the pops in the last stint and I thought he was gonna have to pit and I'd get a podium but he managed to finish a lap ahead of me. then midron, and emmo46.

All in all it was a good race with a few OMFG moments with Clevo and parked cars with plenty of zzzzzz laps between pitstops.

I'd do it again.

Congrats to the podium!
  6. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Check you email's boys. Lotto No's are live. Remember live draw tomorrow night, let's make it 9.30pm AEDT to make sure it is after the kart race? Clevo, I assume the kart race won't go beyond an hour??

It will be live drawn on http://www.justin.tv/cjianon666.
  7. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    That's fine mate we will be easing into Karts with a quick little ditty ;)

I enjoyed our time together too mate, Nascar is my bag, and when I am running she is all or nothing, got 2nd in one of Stu's races there last year doing the same thing, just holding on tight, and being ballsy ]:D
  8. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams

I apologized on the night and will apologize again for the big accident on the back straight. Was drafting behind someone(can't remember who) when lag caused him to disappear then reappear causing me to have a massive spin. only just stoped when I saw you all coming. Didnt have time to get out of the way.

Started the race well running in the top four until getting passed through the pits more than once and getting bumped by someone making me miss another stop. went down hill after that first attempted stop and didnt get any better. Had fun though. great racing by all really. Bar my accident. Sorry
  9. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Both you and Celtic had similar incidents only a few laps apart :(

Hope to see you both in the league races though, after watching you guys in the replay last night, I think you will go well. ;)
  10. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Bugga, I won't see my name get drawn out, will be at darts.... And I ain't paying $10.49 for the iPad app, lol

Good luck to all in the draw tonight.
  11. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Im not going to be able to see the draw as ill be at work.
  12. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    Its OK mate, I will look after your numbers and tell you if you win ]:D
  13. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    It's nearly time...
  14. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    How long Big A???
  15. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    10 minutes. Just warming up the hamster that drives my laptop.
  16. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    HeHe, would you believe software update needed. Got to love windows. Should be pretty close to 9.30pm.
  17. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    hamster you sure it not a fat fluffy rat... :p
  18. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Betya it is one one of those pink Barbie Laptop from the toy section @ Big W :lol: :lol: :lol:
  19. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    With a KEN EXTENSION PACK :lol: :lol: :p

EDIT wonder what the update is then,
    A KEN HAAAARD DRIIIIVE ????? :p :p :p
  20. zampli

zampli Team Driver

its coming......
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.