AC V8SC mods

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by loris P., Dec 9, 2016.

1. loris P.

loris P. Rookie

I'll keep you guys up to date as soon as I have news from the FB Group
    @Anon666 and koastr Thanks to create a new thread for that.

Holden and Nissan probably coming before Christmas

Cheers
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
    Peter Wise likes this.
  2. loris P.

loris P. Rookie

Not sure about it. The guy told me he didnt have enough time,and he isn't used to dealing with the physics, I just changed the wheel. So I assume he is using the physics from the V8 SC. Anyway he told me that when he was going to release the pack,
    that he would leave everything inside to allow people to improve the cars. Just please don't modify any logos on the car.
    Cheers
    Tovey_4saken likes this.
  3. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Being from Brazil maybe it's a conversion of the v8sc that was being developed for GSC? Thanks for the link will check it out.

DL FVR v8sc mod for rF2 and it was pretty ordinary IMO. FFB felt dead. So interested to try this one.
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
    loris P. likes this.
  4. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
  5. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    I'll give it a good run hopefully dampers feel good because that's where i'm stuck lol v8's have been using sachs shockers as far back as 2006 so would be same values for 2011 holden as well except for winterbottom's team back in 2015 iwhere they went against the grain and used a public available shock called supashock off shelves for only 3 grand ended up being better in the corners then the expensive custom made sachs and won winterbottom the championship :roflmao:

EDIT: checked out the falcon it's using the same base as I was (bmw gt2) so no extra goodies to take from it but there is a lot of stuff I can put into it better road feel and take away the monster grip feeling.. after I finish the 2011 holden and Ford i'll get onto it just got bit of issue with low mid speed turn in understeer and low mid speed exit oversteer so it's down to mechanical grip somewhere in the dampers but I am very close to having the car finished :)
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
    loris P. likes this.
  6. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  7. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    I got the damper data!!!!! thank god for google and this week's case of insomnia I came across a thesis written by a grad in mechanical engineering who had mathematically recreated the v8 supercars for studies on future developments for the series now it's not in english well it is but this math is mental :roflmao: all the numbers are there and i have base numbers to punch in will have to decipher the math for slow/fast response but have the rates :D lol ever wondered what half of a v8 supercar looks like in math well here it is ....its that complex i can't even paste the math but i'll type a line out for an idea

Using Newton’s second law of motion, the equations of motion of each of the four
    degrees of freedom may be defined as:

‴ufz³=κτ1(z1-z³)+cτ1(z1-z³)-ks1(z³-z²+lf0)-cs1(z³-z5+lf0)

and six other lines of gibberish but that is the cars basic motion 120 pages of pure gold haha
    :roflmao:
  8. loris P.

loris P. Rookie

Mate, I've got on my garage also the holden of that series of ACMI but you can found it on ADB. Not sure wich car is using the guy on my group, but at the moment, I think the guy is just doing some 3d reworking and another guy is doing the 2016 skin!
    Nothing more than that
  9. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    Have just got my hands onto a diagram to replicate the double wishbone suspension which has left me stumped for days without it couldn't work out how or why the run up to -10deg camber on the front turns out the GT2 wishbone suspension I was using had the top arm shorter then the rear this way camber wouldn't fluctuate as much compared to the older setup which both arms were the same length....guess which ones the v8's use...yep the older generation same length arms hints the massive camber but more interesting the lower arm on the rear is shorter then the top..PROGRESS!!!!!
    Spidey_11 and Pringles_947 like this.
  10. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    WORK COMPLETED SO FAR:

New complete dampers using data found
    corrected bump
    corrected bump fast
    corrected rebound
    corrected rebound fast
    corrected bump velocity
    corrected rebound velocity
    corrected bump stop rates
    reduced effects of front rear packers
    adjusted brake torque
    added hand brake functionality
    adjusted aero
    reverted back to tyre model 7 and added dunlop tyre damp and tyre spring data
    adjusted tyre profile
    adjusted tyre speed sensitivity
    adjusted tyre grip values
    adjusted tyre rolling resistance
    adjusted heat/cooling effects to tyre
    adjusted tyre wear rate
    adjusted basey to bring center of graviety and front/rear roll centers in line with data
    adjusted engine power inline with dyno data
    smoothed engine torque curve
    adjusted engine brake torque
    adjusted engine inertia
    adjusted engine altitude sensitivity
    adjusted diff changed to spool left coast open to be adjusted to take place of adjustable rear roll center
    new anti roll bars adjusted with data
    new wheel rates adjusted with data
    adjusted 3d visual graphics of car to be in line with suspension changes
    adjusted static toe
    adjusted static camber
    new steering lock/liner steering ratio
    adjusted shift up/down time
    adjusted clutch torque
    adjusted tyre change time in pit's
    adjusted fuel usage
    corrected fuel tank size
    adjusted time to refuel in pits
    adjusted time to fix aero damage in pits
    adjusted time to fix suspension damage in pits
    improved FFB / reduced steering assist to add feel of weight
    corrected interia values height width length
    corrected hub mass with found data
    corrected wheel base and front rear track with data
    corrected suspension geometry with data found
    corrected ai to use new suspension
    adjusted ai tyres
    tweaked over all car performance to be as close to real life as possible
    lap of bathurst in real life in 2011 /2:06.700 lap of bathurst in game as of now 2:06.537
    added place holder sounds from amg gt3

REMOVED CAR FROM GAME FOR VISUAL OVERHAUL
    new car paint shaders
    new glass shaders
    new rim shaders
    new tyre shaders
    new headlight/tail light shaders
    new chrome shaders
    new plastic shaders
    new leather shaders
    new carbon fiber shaders
    new metal shaders
    new rubber shaders
    added 4 new LOD's for better performance
    fixed switchable interior HD to low poly now works as intended
    adjusted tyre blur
    adjusted rim blur

Most likely alot that I have forgotten but all this work is nearing to the end just few more tweaks left
    and slowly feeding off the aero and it will be ready to hand out as the final version :thumbsup:

will try and get a video up of the graphical improvements and a lap of nord with AI :coffee:
    c4rLo5 likes this.
  11. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    Hey Tovey great work mate, not sure how you keep up with it all.

The other night spita and I were cruising round sandown in your v8sc mod and noticed that once the cars got about 50-70 metres away from each other the car would disappear and it was only showing a hovering driver floating around :) also the brakes were mega sensitive to lock, like more than anything driven before.

Happy to do some testing with you if you like?
  12. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    yeah that was the lod problem i was talking about after uploading that one and i trialed having the brakes that sensitive to start with but without a loadcell would make the car bit too hard so have fixed that in this build as well :thumbsup:

The new version is night and day to the old one i uploaded still tweaking few things and if all goes to plan could have it up tonight :coffee:
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  13. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    Just sorting out light's and lowering the aero bit by bit feel it has too much,only bit of info I can find is they say the car isn't very aerodynamic so engineers put all efforts into high amount's of mechanical grip.

Here is a video of the shading improvements and laps of nord visually the cars look to be correct with watching real car footage but high speed corners doesn't look right to me

Sorry for the low quailty video dont have video editing software anymore and at this bitrate took 8 hours to upload
  14. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    That's looking fantastic Tovey! Is there any possibility to have the front roll bar removed from blocking the windscreen view? That thing drives my insane!
  15. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    Sorry but that larry bar was there in real life as well :roflmao: it didn't get removed till COTF :D
  16. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    Damn :(
    Hey Tovey how'd you learn how to do this modding? YouTube vids or forum guides? I ask as I'm looking at the nascar vehicles and want to know how much of my life will be taken up by modding :)
  17. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    3d side of things i've been messing around with blender for 3 and a bit years so knew the optimal path for better looking shaders physic's side of things was kind of new been tweaking drift cars for past year but never took it as serious as these car's I watched every video i could find from engineers read heaps of mechanical engineering books and read every physics post on the AC site also changing values i didn't know to the extreme so i would learn what they did :thumbsup:

Head start for you inertia values go by length height width for front engine cars always exaggerate the length for better effect so nascar length 5.28 (Real is 5.18)width 1.91 height 1.30 wheelbase 2.79 check those numbers in the car ini then just start tweaking things and finding data :thumbsup:
    KoAStR likes this.
  18. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Nice Tovey! The sound is really nice too.
  19. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    Cheers yeah it's kunos amg gt3 sound haha don't know how to make scratch sounds just yet but looking into it :thumbsup:

so on the whole larry bar fiasco turns out the ford is a car of the future model not standard 2011 so has no larry bar....

So choice is your's guy's either 1) I add the bar to the ford 2) I remove the bar from the holden 3) leave the cars as is much less stuffing around and focus on aero to get the car's out asap :coffee:
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  20. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    Assetto update has broken the mod!!!:mad: every mod for me is no longer working at all trying to work it out but at the moment only official car's work