Virtual SimRacing Showdown Discussion

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Beau_Albert, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Hey Everyone!
    So as i briefly mentioned in the Shoutbox; last weekend myself and a handful of others made the trip over to Sydney Motorsports Park to host the Virtual SimRacing Showdown for the second time; but more importantly after our inaugural event at Etihad Stadium; we had attracted the attention of the Confederation of Australian Motorsports.
    Therefore we were able to ramp proceedings up dramatically and the winner of the Showdown would walk away with a Test at a Venue of their choosing in an Australian Formula 4 Car. During the week we had multiple Formula 4; Aussie Racing Cars; Australian Production Cars and more Drivers come down and even try their hand at progressing their Career through SimRacing. Here is a little highlights clip from CAMS of what we got up to including some Words from myself with Greg Rust regarding the Importance of this event.
    Our next event will be announced very soon and i'd LOVE to see some ROOZers make their way down and see what they can do. Whilst we won't have an F4 drive up for grabs this time around; i can say big things are in the Pipeline and CAMS are pushing SimRacing harder and harder.

*Site won't let me embed the video :( *
    https://www.facebook.com/CAMSmotorsport/videos/240430380156214/
  2. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    I'll put in a little more practice next time lol. Can absolutely recommend having a go on these wherever they are next!
  3. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    I did say we would be back bigger and better ;) Here it is; Round 2 of the Virtual SimRacing Showdown. Below is the official post with any details you will need; but i hope to see some ROOZers down there throwing some laptimes around or just stopping by to say Hi!
    It'll be on the iRacing.com Platform for anyone wanting to practise :)

[​IMG]
    ANNOUNCING ROUND 2 @ PAX AUS, MELBOURNE!

After an extremely successful opening round of the VSR Showdown 2018 from Sydney Motorsport Park, we are proud to announce that Round 2 Details have been released, and we will be racing once again! Hosted by OMEN by HP & Red Bull Esports, the VSR Showdown 2018 will be taking place at the Exhibit Hall of PAX Australia, at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre (MCEC). The format is similar as Round 1, however is condensed into a 1 Day Competition on Saturday, October 27th for 18 of Australia's best.

You can be a part of Round 2, by being one of the Top 18 Online Qualifiers. Be sure to register for Round 2 online, and take part in the Online Qualifying sessions running from October 9th to 14th. From then, the field will be set!

The event itself will continue to be sanctioned by Confederation of Australian Motor Sport - CAMS, with a chief steward on hand to ensure fun and fair racing. The event itself will also be streamed once again by v8sonline on the iRacing Esports Network too! For more details, please visit www.virtualsimracing.com.au.

Many thanks to all of our event partners, of which this Round 2 event wouldn't be possible.

Motum Simulation
    Confederation of Australian Motor Sport - CAMS
    OMEN by HP
    Red Bull Esports
    iRacing
    v8sonline
    V-Sport
    Twitch
    Woody and Spidey_11 like this.