GT-Sport [COMPLETED] Fuji 500KM

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by JonoStan96, May 4, 2019.

1. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Long slow race. I had absolutely no pace in the lambo with fuel load. Spent the whole race just twiddling my thumbs feeling helpless. Happy to have no major mistakes but sector 3 really killed my times comparing against others i think.
    StigsTC and JonoStan96 like this.
  2. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Took a look at the GT500 times from the race and @LE_bananajosh holy moly what a ridiculously consistent run you put in on ever worsening tyres. How you ran 54 laps on the one set without dropping it in that car is astounding.
    Looks like Jono got you on the strategy but what a great drive to get that far and hang on until the very last lap.
  3. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    [​IMG]
    Cheers to all for a great night, wasn’t the most enjoyable of races but thanks to you all for rejoining swiftly after the unfortunate red flag. My console froze rounding the final corner, the wheel went crazy and the controller was flashing so fast I almost had a seizure.

The restart went well, pushing extremely hard to keep up with Stigs but the NSX was just too wild and inconsistent in the sector. Had a wild spin exiting turn 4, then a massive 295km/h fishtail trying to pass Josh, then another spin whilst lapping Noremac which gave me damage. A boring chase followed which was finally settled in my favour on the final lap after a great battle with @LE_bananajosh. Disappointing to not be able to challenge for the win but it was always going to be a tough ask. I think the 2008 cars will be left alone for awhile.

Saw some incidents which I’m not happy about, remember that heavy damage exists and long races can be ruined in turn 1 just as easily as sprints.

Huge congrats to @StigsTC and @Noremac on their wins.
    Hatfield and StigsTC like this.
  4. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    You were really moving on the restart with big pace, had to stop looking at the gap to try focus on getting away, when I checked back I saw it was 10 seconds, and not you behind me and was rather confused.

Shame you're getting rid of the 2008 cars, finally got the thing where I wanted it just before the race having not really found a groove until the red flag. Greatly enjoyed the way it let me put the power down, going to be a hard sell jumping back in the Subaru after that race.
    Could always run a single make class of the GTR so you don't have to worry about BoP lol.
  5. LE_bananajosh

LE_bananajosh Team Driver

PSN ID
    GT_bananajosh1
    It was a great battle my tyres can’t keep going to defend @JonoStan96
    I thought I was going for 2 stop but I said in my head “nah do 1 stop”