ACC Wednesday Warmup/Sprint race season

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

I get no issues loading the site or the results here, Chrome reports a valid certificate until 31/3/2021
  2. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Maybe we need @KoAStR help - I think all the embed code needs to change to https rather than http

there are couple things for me to change at the site too for generating the links for embedding...some things may break while we sort through this
  3. marty

marty AC Server Legend

The Wednesday races at Spa are on tonight, server will be up for practice from 8pm aest with Q1 around 8:45pm 6 minutes for each qualy session and races are 5 minutes long. Weather will likely be fairly mixed up with high chance of rain and changeable conditions the same as the Monday races will be.
  4. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Last edited: Jun 16, 2020
    Coanda and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  5. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Wednesday sprint season 2 will begin this week at Misano. ;)

Season one standings were, congrats to all that made the season podiums and thanks to all that entered any rounds in the first Wednesday season.
    • PRO/OVERALL
    1. A.O'Hara @andyo450
    2. M.Cerven @marty
    3. T.Rayton @tezpez85
    • SILVER
    1. B.Bueller @Bueller
    2. N.Lattanzio @nanlatt
    3. P.Hatfield @gominiman
    • AM
    1. P.Freeland @Paulfaus
    2. A.Vandalay @fRZn
    3. A.Gock @AGK
  6. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Here are the Misano S2 R1 race results from the mostly wet races. A league table will be up later this week as there has been a small issue setting it up.
  7. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I just noticed why it was so wet this round, I meant to set rain at 0.055 as it was 0.105 on Monday but I accidently made it 0.55 :eek::rolleyes: which is significantly higher then I intended it to be. I will set all the Misano non static servers up as 0.075 for rain and anyone can jump into any of these to see how that works out. I will also put up a static fairly wet server at Misano for anyone that wants to do some wet testing.

Here are the full weather settings we are running for anyone interested.
    "ambientTemp":24,
    "trackTemp":31,
    "cloudLevel":0.15000001192092898,
    "rain":0.075,
    "weatherRandomness":4,

Main issue for the Misano Wednesday round was the .55 for rain which is very high in an ACC server setup. At least it was a good test of how to set a server if we want it highly likely to be very wet. :p
    tezpez85 and krunch like this.
  8. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

9. nanlatt

nanlatt ACC Server Legend Gold Member

Pretty accurate depiction of last night I'd say
  10. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Sorry guys dynamic weather is very broken again, conservative settings and white thunderstorm nearly all sessions tonight. Dynamic weather will be disabled on all servers until further notice so no more chance of rain until at least 1.4 is released.
    Silverstone Results S2 R2
    Rolz likes this.
  11. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

that was a challenging drive last night!
  12. Wally

Wally Team Driver

I'm glad to hear the rain is off. Racing in the rain is a challenge, but 90 mins of challenge reduces the fun factor.
  13. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Here is just a bit of running from race 3, this is before it even flooded fully but you can see visibility is already next to impossible.

The setup needed to make the Porsche even somewhat driveable is a complete 180 from any dry or regular rain conditions meaning if it changes to this you will likely just have to retire starting on a non flood setup. Some cars are better then others and mostly the front engines handle the floods better but if your aquaplaning with the car raised 10-15mm above a dry setup and lots of TC with rake adjusted massively from a dry setup its really not that fair to all especially in the cars that are barely driveable and still seconds off pace even with the most extreme wet setup.

Get changeable conditions in a race then your up :poop: creek with no paddles, you cant run that extreme wet setup in the dry as it will be many seconds slower per lap. But starting on a dry setup if it gets to storm nothing you can do on a stop to make the car not aqua plain everywhere.

This is what happens in the very heavy rain in the porsche from last season.
    Ryzza5, Rolz and Wally like this.
  14. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Last race... was wet wet wet lol
  15. marty

marty AC Server Legend

S2 r3 Zandvoort results, It was dry at last. I did try extremely conservative dynamic weather settings so at least the clouds came and went. Thanks to all that raced again tonight was good fun.
  16. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

1.4 preview..
    [​IMG]
  17. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Looks like it took months to make that UI change but keep it all the same, their (yours:p) photoshop skills suck a bit as the cars a bit stretched.
    Coanda likes this.
  18. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Internet dropped on my last lap of quali, pretty annoyed as it could have been some good racing and much needed practice. Car felt good though for the few laps I got in quali so that’s a positive
  19. marty

marty AC Server Legend

20. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
    marty and andyo450 like this.