ACC Wednesday Warmup/Sprint race season

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

haha a little into R3 night race my partner turned on the light in the other room and I couldn't see the back chicane because of the reflection similar to this.. I called out however she had the headphones on.. I think she tried to sabotage me :sneaky: :cautious:..
    [​IMG]
    nanlatt likes this.
  2. kuda

kuda Rookie

Wednesday night races are a bit of a hidden gem, really enjoy the shorter format and R3 going into the night was something special. In R2 having @marty and @andyo450 come from behind was impressive to watch, I was purposely being defensive and trying to make it a bit harder for people behind me which ends up in very close overtakes. F U N
    SteveDrivingSlowly and marty like this.
  3. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

I'm pretty sure replay highlights are broken. Something to do with new lap counter? I think it's why we got so much Rolz at Silverstone.
  4. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Yes lots seem broken in current build, it seems to pick a favourite and focus on them.
  5. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Thanks for the races guys, was some good racing. Also a good test of the full start procedure which worked fine for everyone and so we will go with this from now on for Mondays. Wednesdays we will probably go back to short formation as 3x15 minute races don't really need a full formation lap.

Suzuka Results S2 R4
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2020
    Coanda and Rolz like this.
  6. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

almost impossible to pass and super slippery even with optimum track... 2hrs will be interesting!!
  7. marty

marty AC Server Legend

You should be able to pass a Porsche as they are super slippery, and super slow. ;)
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  8. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Auto highlights seem to have been improved a little, it actually shows the start and end of some passes now. :eek: But somehow race 2 for some reason didn't get much of the race.

GT-71CKL, Coanda and Rolz like this.
  9. Rolz

as someone who's been spanked by the Porsche's recently...
    [​IMG]
    Jeremy Talbot and tezpez85 like this.
  10. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I had to abandon looking to find a way to make the Porsche quick and went back to what it does best. Its slow as always but at least has some laptime potential. Will be a tricky round in those higher temps trying to keep the rubber alive for an hour.
    Last edited: May 7, 2020
    Rolz likes this.
  11. Rolz

I don't doubt you'll find something to make me cry again mate :)
    nanlatt and marty like this.
  12. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Last edited: Jun 16, 2020
  13. marty

marty AC Server Legend

With the low turnouts for this 5 round season the 3rd season I will run from the Singapore server as open with stricter entry and see if we get some more turn up to race. We will still keep a 250ms manually enforced ping limit and have to close the races from joining to avoid people randomly jumping in mid race.
    Last edited: May 14, 2020
  14. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Cancel the public server rounds, we will keep these races private as after the 1.4 update I have given up on public server racing in ACC entirely just as they have.
  15. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

Sorry guys I did not even know this was a mini season.. I thought Wednesday night's were a warm up and a little more stress free.. I must have glossed over the OP haha..

Season 3 I'll bring my B game... :confused::cool:
    Last edited: May 15, 2020
  16. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

Yeah, as I said a little while back it seems to me they could do with one more Minolin type developer as it looks to me from the outside he is struggling with the workload..

1.4 was a flop in the MP & UI space..
    Last edited: May 15, 2020
    nanlatt likes this.
  17. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Its basically a warmup but in a hope to keep people i terested a bit more I thought running them as mini seasons would help. Seems not lol, still its good practice with any people that can make the races. Its not like its compulsory in any way and I wouldnt expect large numbers.

Last season most warmup races were on the open Singapore servers. This would be an ideal way but even run from the aussie servers if we had ping limits. Get a few into any server and the euros flood in meaning admins need to pretty much spend a minute or 2 each session booting the high pings, funny how they hardly ever joined the singapore servers as these seem almost purposefully hidden from the lobby. Even a guy from singapore said he only sees these servers by manually searching and it has a 4ms ping plus he has latency maxed in his filters. :D

Seems barely worth making it open on the Sing servers to raose pur pings for hardly any extra users, same setup open in an OZ server is a PITA to admin.

If Kunos gave us something to work with I wpuld gladly run this as semi open to attract more new people to the league too. Plus with restrictions we can ensure any extras are good enough to race. However Kunos seems to do all they can to make public servers as bad as they possibly can be so I dont really want to help them out until they help us a little at least.
  18. JamesT

JamesT Rookie

I'll join those going forward. I am slow as ...
    There is Tam, the rolling chicane! What's the procedure for being lapped? Stay on racing line or move off?
  19. marty

marty AC Server Legend

You can check this thread out. http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/the-rooz-guide-to-courteous-driving.3993/

The Wednesdays are open to anyone with the password and its 3 short 15 minute races with a 6 min qualy before each race. It is good race practice with smaller fields then the main Monday, also no compulsory stops but 3 starts do help give some practice when the field is most bunched up.
    JamesT likes this.
  20. JamesT

JamesT Rookie

Thanks for that. Will be good to see how skilled drivers properly attack the track.