GT-Sport [WET EVENT] [14/12] 2019 3 Hours of Spa

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by JonoStan96, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    This confirms what I already new.
  2. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    I'd be prepared to race anyway because Sinyster is less than reliable at turning up to organised race sessions at the appropriate time despite significant warning, multiple reminders and favourable IRL time of day.
    JonoStan96 and bluexephos22 like this.
  3. bluexephos22

bluexephos22 Rookie

PSN ID
    BlueXephos22
    Can confirm.
  4. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    Thanks for that realising that I am considerably slower I will be keeping out of the way of traffic if I get in. I know that I'll be trying like hell on tarmac as it's my second favourite track
  5. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    New bop posted alongside all entrants. Worth noting that I have eased up on nerfs of the front runners. Race pace from my testing is much, much closer than qualifying times. Should be an epic race!
    bluexephos22 and X3rx3s44 like this.
  6. Storm_SP17

Storm_SP17 Rookie

@JonoStan96 which number is correct on my BoP? Coz 102% is 1326kg not 1287kg

As stated I ran 101% in quali, so am I getting a buff or a nerf??? I know you gave me the option to run 96% weight if I needed it.
  7. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Rooz OP’s like being pedantic about things, it should say 99 now lol
    StigsTC likes this.
  8. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    This aged well.
  9. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Driver’s Briefing: 3 Hours of Spa
    Predicted Race Distance: 76-80 Laps

Please read the following and ‘like’ once you have read and understood it.
    [​IMG]
    Top 5 Shootout: 20:30 Sunny
    Race: 08:15 Sunny
    One Lap Test Race: 19:20 ADST
    Start Time: 19:30 ADST

Racing Softs
    Tyre/Fuel Depletion: X1

RACE START PROCEDURE:
    The room host will set the grid based on the qualifying order. At approximately 19:20 the host must start a 1 lap test to ensure everyone can move off the grid with no issue. This can be done by changing the race type to Practice/Race.

Prior to the race start, the host must double check the Power and Weight of each car matches those listed in the OP.
    The race will start in a side by side formation as per previous endurance events. The pole sitter will set the pace but the 1st lap must not take longer than 6 Minutes. Your speed must not exceed 140km/h during the formation lap. Please ensure you are in single file until the final sector in order to reduce the risk of accidental colisions on the formation lap. The pole sitter after rounding the final corner can choose when to hit the gas to start the race as long as it is before the start finish line. The race will go green at the start finish line regardless of the pole sitter’s actions.
    If you are silly enough to spin on the formation lap, you are allowed to regain your place, but tough luck if the race starts before you can do so...

3 Strikes Rule
    In order to combat the issues in the last event, anyone who freezes on the grid will be given 2 more chances to get going via rejoining and resetting. If it takes more than 3 attempts, you will be excluded from the race however you will pick up a point for 16th place.

TRACK LIMITS: As per our rules and regs drivers must keep 2 wheels on the ripple strips or white lines at all times. We all make a mistake or 2, but if you are caught "continually and obviously" running outside the track limits to gain advantage you risk being penalised post race by the Stewards Group.

CONTACT: CONTACT IS TO BE AVOIDED AT ALL TIMES. If you make contact with the car in front and gain an advantage, you MUST give the place back at the next available opportunity.

SWERVING: You are NOT permitted to swerve from side to side on the straights. Drivers may only change direction ONCE on corner entry.

TURN 1 LAP 1: You can't win the race at turn 1, but you can certainly lose it. Take care into the first corner and leave plentiful space for other drivers, as this is the most risky part of the race. This is a very long race, so there should be no divebombs or ridiculous moves so early on. Heavy damage is on, so you will suffer the consequences if you are stupid.

PIT LINES: Use the pit lane lines as indicated. Do not charge into the pit lane as you risk damaging your ego and disrupting the race. Commit early to avoid potentially causing a serious accident. Stay within the lines, you may not cut the exit line AT ALL, otherwise you will receive a warning. For Maggiore and other tracks you are permitted to cut the dotted lines, but you must not cut the solid lines.

BLUE FLAGS: Blue flag rules will apply as per usual.

HEALTH: Please empty your bladder before the race. We have a big enough break before the race to do so, we’ve all heard the degenerate stories of people pissing in bottles to continue playing, I really hope that doesn’t happen here! On the flipside, keep hydrated during the race with a bottle of water or energy drink, etc.

If you have any questions, check the driver’s briefing, check the OP, then if that does not answer your questions, ask me here!
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
  10. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  11. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  12. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    That last 30 minutes was just utterly ridiculous battling.
    1-2-3 in the series going at it to the death.
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
    bluexephos22 likes this.
  13. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    What an epic end to an epic season!
    Will have a more detailed debrief tomorrow but I’ve gotta be up at 4am for a Melbourne flight (RIP), look for me on Channel 9 tomorrow lol

For now though, huge congrats to @Kephin_07 for a sublime victory, and to @bluexephos22, the first Endurance World Champion!
    razor4797, bluexephos22 and StigsTC like this.
  14. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    That was a thoroughly disappointing race. After a qualifying where I beat my PB in a fluke lap by 3 tenths to grab a 15.3 (after hours of quali practice mind you) I was gob smacked to see I was hardly in the top 10 and more than a second off the pace. No matter, Worked on it throughout the week with times given to me by @JonoStan96 as well as laps set by @KeedenMcdonald and was able to set a 14.9 quali trim lap as well as 16.6 in race trim which I was sure would be on the money for competition. Boy how wrong that was. After a questionable red flag decision where I jumped into P2 at the start, we started in P8 having to slowly work our way through the field on the back of other cars or passing those who had suffered a similar fate to us. Even in slipstream I managed to fall off the back of every car ahead of me as well as lose all those behind thanks to issues. Had Blue rejoin behind me after a pit stop and had some great fun scrapping with him for a few laps which gave me some confidence the car had some pace in it. @razor4797 hopped in at the first stop and shortly after a red flag occurred leaving us at another disadvantage as it shot down our chance at speed through strategy as well as gave other cars that were thirstier on fuel, a chance to make it to the end. Razor stayed in for the restart pushing hard to make things happen but ultimately despite setting PBs all night we lost ground to cars ahead through reasons we don't fully understand. Same story when I hopped in for my final stint, was able to have a great scrap with a struggling @X3rx3s44 before ending the race a lonely P5..... Congrats to @Kephin_07 on a flawless drive for victory as well as @bluexephos22 on a well deserved championship. Been a pleasure battling you this year mate. Roll on 2020 keen for some more back braking enduros
  15. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    That was fun, how wonderful it was to drive these awesome cars on this amazing track finally. I knew it would produce a great race and so it proved.

[​IMG]

The Beetle for whatever reason has been a poor qualifying car all season long and so I was shocked to be down so low. But it again came alive in race trim. The red flag was a must when a silly turn 1 incident wiped out 75% of the field. Questionable or not, I call it as I see it and it 100% needed a restart. Unprecedented yes, but something even the FIA had the balls to do in that crappy Jaguar VGT race in Tokyo.

The restart was much better, but the car felt utterly horrible, I was missing apexes everywhere and couldn’t carry the speed into the corners like I usually would. I soon realised that my brake pedal was mis-calibrated, and wouldn’t register any inputs until about 2/3’s of the way in. The plan was to carry on, nothing I could do about it. Unfortunately when I caught Xerxes I lifted off the brake pedal too fast and cannoned into the back of him. The race seemed like it would be lonely from this point on although I was catching Risky by a tenth or two a lap.

Keeden pitted and the game spat him out having only fuelled for less than half a stint, so the second red flag was flown, a necessity brought about after this glitch (or similar) affecting racers at Nürburgring, Bathurst and Interlagos.

It was a blessing, and gave me the chance to fix my brakes. The car felt immediately better and I was back on the pace. The cars up front were peeling off with damage left right and centre and before I knew it I was challenging for the lead. Unfortunately the Beetle’s straight line speed was truly horrendous, and passing was a real challenge. It also meant that when I did pass Xephos I had zero defence into the Bus Stop or Les Combes. No one ever should have the nerve to complain about a lack of power to me again after what I had to deal with! :roflmao:

My lack of grunt meant I couldn’t pull away and it was costing us massive amounts of time. Maybe I should have been bump drafting Xephos in hindsight. It was awkward to say the least, I felt I was faster but it was impossible to build a gap, that M6 did not seem to be fazed whatsoever by dirty air. Freakish stuff.

Eventually Kev caught us and made us look silly, and soon xephos pitted. I followed suit a lap later but overfuelled badly. 4 second gap opened up and all of a sudden Keeden from nowhere was chasing in a McLaren that came alive on low fuel. I was catching Xephos but having to push so hard in Sector 2 only to lose it all in S1&3 was wrecking my tyres. So I backed off to see if Keeden could drag me along toward him. It worked and soon began a battle for the ages. I haven’t had a chance to see replays of the final 30 mins but what a scrap it was.

Yes we were losing time to Kev but his victory was a formality. Amazing pace and smart fuel usage won him the race at a canter. I wont underestimate him next time! :cautious: After half an hour of trying to kill each other, Keeden I believe ran into the back of the BMW giving the M6 rear end damage, leaving Keeden and I to battle for 2nd. Somehow despite struggling in this stint, I was able to get alongside and outbrake him into Les Combes and run away.

Am I gutted to not win a race this season or the championship? A little bit yes but I can only blame myself, I didn’t take advantage enough of my chances, Bathurst being the clear race where I threw away a genuine chance at a win. Other races I lost points due simply to a lack of pace or things out of my control. But still it was an enjoyable season even though it’s taken about 5 years off my life expectancy. However, despite some serious doubts before the race about continuing with this, I’m keen to do this again for 2020, and so on until I die of old age at 28. Details will be revealed during the week and I’m very excited to show you all what I have planned. Fewer races yes, but some special events and a revamped GT3 championship, I think you’re all going to love it. (Please do, my sanity can’t handle it)

Well done Xephos on an outstanding campaign with 2 dominant wins and truly being the tuning master. Massive thanks to Demo 1 Garage for streaming the event, hopefully we can have more of the same next year.
    I’m off to see a therapist.
    Kephin_07, razor4797, StigsTC and 4 others like this.
  16. bluexephos22

bluexephos22 Rookie

PSN ID
    BlueXephos22
    Hard and tough race on both sides of the red flag. Thanks to everyone who showed up and raced this season, especially to those who stuck it out until the very end. Special thanks to @StigsTC and @FILO.

Finally big thanks to @JonoStan96 for a tremendous series that I hope rolls onto bigger and better things next year. Thank you everyone!
  17. LE_bananajosh

LE_bananajosh Team Driver

PSN ID
    GT_bananajosh1
    GT4 engine GT4 agghhh!
  18. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Really, really, really just want to get my connection back to how it was. In the very small amount of time i actually got to spend on track, i had some awesome battles. My personal favourite was my outright podium at interlagos in the multi class event. That showed for me that if i fix my connection issues, then i would be able to run with the pace.

Book me in for season 2, and ill work on my network between them. Really keen to get back involved...
    bluexephos22 and razor4797 like this.
  19. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    At least your car looked good while you were pinging all over the Belgian forest
    bluexephos22, Zachery and Matthyus like this.
  20. Racepace

Racepace Rookie

PSN ID
    JDM_TUNING-FD3S
    how does 16 start and only 7 finish?