GT-Sport [WET Event] (3/8) Gran Premio do Brasil

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by JonoStan96, Jul 22, 2019.

1. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Nice
    Easyprey007 likes this.
  2. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    You have no idea how much it annoys me to be on the wrong side of that 0.001.
    Nice work :thumbsup:
    Also Jono classic vid. Sadly nobody remembers Damon Hill in the absolute pile of an Arrows being 0.058 off pole for what would only be 4th place. BoP was pretty good that day.
  3. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    He would have had it too had Katayama’s Minardi not been trapped in the gravel at the chicane.
  4. Storm_SP17

Storm_SP17 Rookie

I'm not actually sure the Porsche needs the BoP increase, seems like the rest of the drivers outdone us Porsche boys on talent this time around.

Tested the Aston post quali release because for me the car by-eye seemed way too heavy with an overdose of power and it was confirmed when I went 0.8s slower than I was in the 911. Its probably something about the setup on the Aston that's a bit borked so I'll have to give it another look tonight, because if guys are getting the time then it has to be there.

I'll take the increase but it just seems unnecessary to me for now. @JonoStan96 must make a change for someone to be proclaiming BoP on their car is NOT needed. :D
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
  5. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    X3rx3s44 likes this.
  6. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    You’re right actually
    StigsTC and CaptainRisky21 like this.
  7. Storm_SP17

Storm_SP17 Rookie

I figured! Lol

I just like to be honest with my results... still scratching my head about that Aston, made headway with a tune and then lost my way again.

I still ain't getting it close to what I can do in the Porsche. Just going to whack on the 1% buff and run laps in the 911 now ready for tomorrow.
  8. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I took the buff off already lol

Also @Cameron Neane will be replacing Keeden who’s pulled out tonight, he’ll start from the back.
  9. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Driver’s Briefing: Brazilian Grand Prix
    Please read the following and ‘like’ once you have read and understood it.

Race 13:45 Fine Weather
    One Lap Test Race: 19:20 AEST
    Start Time: 19:40 AEST
    Racing Softs
    Tyre/Fuel Depletion: X1

RACE START PROCEDURE:
    The room host will set the grid based on the qualifying order. At approximately 19:20 the host must start a 1 lap test to ensure everyone can move off the grid with no issue. This can be done by changing the race type to Practice/Race.

Prior to the race start, the host must double check the Power and Weight of each car matches those listed in the OP.
    The race will start in a side by side formation as per previous endurance events. The pole sitter will set the pace but the 1st lap must not take longer than 4 Minutes. Your speed must not exceed 140km/h during the formation lap. The pole sitter after rounding the final corner can choose when to hit the gas to start the race as long as it is before the start finish line. The race will go green at the start finish line regardless of the pole sitter’s actions.
    If you are silly enough to spin on the formation lap, you are allowed to regain your place, but tough luck if the race starts before you can do so...

NEW: 3 Strikes Rule
    In order to combat the issues in the last event, anyone who freezes on the grid will be given 2 more chances to get going via rejoining and resetting. If it takes more than 3 attempts, you will be excluded from the race however you will pick up a point for 16th place.

TRACK LIMITS: As per our rules and regs drivers must keep 2 wheels on the ripple strips or white lines at all times. We all make a mistake or 2, but if you are caught "continually and obviously" running outside the track limits to gain advantage you risk being penalised post race by the Stewards Group.

CONTACT: CONTACT IS TO BE AVOIDED AT ALL TIMES. If you make contact with the car in front and gain an advantage, you MUST give the place back at the next available opportunity.

SWERVING: You are NOT permitted to swerve from side to side on the straights. Drivers may only change direction ONCE on corner entry.

TURN 1 LAP 1: You can't win the race at turn 1, but you can certainly lose it. Take care into the first corner and leave plentiful space for other drivers, as this is the most risky part of the race. This is a very long race, so there should be no divebombs or ridiculous moves so early on. Heavy damage is on, so you will suffer the consequences if you are stupid.

NUMBER BOARDS: It is a requirement that you place dedicated number boards (found in the OP) on your car in an easy to spot fashion. These are colour coded to clearly indicate entrant level, while the bottom square has been left white so you can edit it as you wish. Please ensure the number itself is clear to see. These boards are mandatory and failure to have them displayed on the car clearly will result in a Non Classification. Discretion may be applied under certain circumstances.

PIT LINES: Use the pit lane lines as indicated. Do not charge into the pit lane as you risk damaging your ego and disrupting the race. Commit early to avoid potentially causing a serious accident. Stay within the lines, you may not cut the exit line AT ALL, otherwise you will receive a warning. For Maggiore, you are permitted to cut the dotted lines, but you must not cut the solid lines.

BLUE FLAGS: Blue flag rules will apply as per usual, however GTLM drivers are under zero obligation to move over and let LMP1-H runners past. It is up to the LMP1-H driver to make a clean pass without making contact.

HEALTH: Please empty your bladder before the race. We have a big enough break before the race to do so, we’ve all heard the degenerate stories of people pissing in bottles to continue playing, I really hope that doesn’t happen here! On the flipside, keep hydrated during the race with a bottle of water or energy drink, etc.

If you have any questions, check the driver’s briefing, check the OP, then if that does not answer your questions, ask me here!
    stucar17 likes this.
  10. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Well done @X3rx3s44 on the outstanding GTLM win, and @MINT_GTR on the overall

Shame that a lot of the passing attempts from most of the LMP1 field were piss poor, puts a massive downer on things when you get forced off by an impatient driver in a faster car
  11. TDZdave

TDZdave Team Driver

PSN ID
    TDZ-4-12-14-88
    Well sorry for my performance lands. This games got problems. Can’t explain turn 1. Then the inconsistencies continued from there. I really haven’t enjoyed the last 2 events at all after qualifying. Seems this games become the new hotlap simulator, because you can’t race on it...
    JonoStan96 and Zachery like this.
  12. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Binned myself twice in the opening 10 minutes so race was dead almost immediately, gotta love engine damage from bumping the front in an MR car.
    Didn't have anywhere near the pace needed, nor the consistency, and far too many brown pants moments from GT cars doing weird things but ultimately no contact to end up 3rd a couple seconds off 2nd place, but what was more like a minute to Mint before he backed out on the last lap to avoid the extra tour. Could have used the extra hour tonight to maybe retake 2nd but that's racing.
    Overall a disappointing night on all fronts. Roll on Le Mans.
    JonoStan96, MINT_GTR and Zachery like this.
  13. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Overall i had a great race. Stoked to get through without any hardware malfunctions.

Knew i had more to give than what i showed in qualy, so i was really up for this race. Started 4th, which turned into a 30 second lead before the end of lap 1.

Held my gap back to mint for tye first half of the race, and then after the hour mark, i started to make a few mistakes which brough mint to within 5 seconds of me. That gap stayed roughly the same for the next 10 laps or so before i binned it into a wall, losing my lead AND having to repair damage. Came out behind banana josh i think? But retook the place reasonably quickly. After he pitted it was mint with 30 odd sec lead and stigs with 30odd behind me. Few more mistakes meant i was catching mint, but then falling into stigs hand every second lap or so. Ended up finishing with stigs less than 5 secs behind.

Overall successful race for me. To come away with second in the first race ive gone the distance in, exceeded my expectations.

I will say though. If you are a gt3 car, you also have a responsibility to make passing as easy as possible. If an LMP is next to you when you turn into a corner, you are also required to leave space. Couple of times i was literally half off track (2 wheels on ripple and 2 on grass) and had a gt3 try to hit the apex.

Special mention to jono, who actually made the effort to indicate which side he wanted me to go as i was passing, made it happen everytime without a single issue.

Congrats to @MINT_GTR for the outright win, spewin our battle didnt eventuate, wouldve been a cracker.

Congrats to @X3rx3s44 on the GT win, looked like it was a cracker in the GT class also.

Onwards to the next round. Yeewwww
  14. X3rx3s44

X3rx3s44 Rookie

PSN ID
    X3rx3s44
    Thanks @CaptainRisky21

Thanks @Zachery

Congrats to @MINT_GTR for the overall win and all the other drivers who made it to the end.

After the first lap chaos @JonoStan96, @Viperzed, @CaptainRisky21 and I had an amazing battle for about 15 laps where we were nose to tail almost the entire time, that was an excellent example of close clean racing.
    Then Jono decided he'd had enough and made some moves to break away a little and start gapping us. I soon followed hoping to catch him and drop the others a little then use his tow for some early fuel saving, just as I had closed to within a second or two of Jono I had an "incident" with an LMP car which really shouldn't have happened (ever!) but let's just call it a racing incident to save argument... This gave me suspension and aero damage so I was forced to pit and change strategy after 23 laps.
    When I rejoined with new tyres and a full tank of fuel I hoped to go the distance from there but soon realised the Aston was going to be too thirsty for that to work so instead opted for the all or nothing approach and forgot about fuel saving and went all in on the 2-stop strategy.
    From there I was pushing as hard as possible without risking throwing the car off the track and started to make back some of the time I'd lost in the early stop. I think Jono going long on his first stint really helped me as by the time he pitted I was taking 1.5-2.5 seconds a lap out of his advantage with him on old rubber.
    Congrats and thanks to Jono again for an awesome battle once I caught up after my second stop, I had him for pace but even so he used all his racecraft to make getting by as difficult as possible and we must have been side-by-side in almost every corner by the time I got the job done 2 or 3 laps later.
    After that it was just about keeping it on the tarmac and out of the way of the LMP cars which I managed to do.
    As for the LMP/GT3 lapping issue, I agree there has to be give and take from both classes and any time it was possible I would move slightly offline to let you past but in some sections of track (especially when we're battling) that just isn't possible and rather than send it just be patient, you'll lose much less time doing that than risking damage and ruining races!
    I think Matt followed Jono and I for about 4 or 5 corners while we were battling for the lead at the end, probably cost him a few seconds but that's nothing compared to damage and a subsequent pitstop for repairs, so thanks Matt, I knew you were there and appreciated the patience.
    Looking forward to Le Mans!
    StigsTC, Viperzed, JonoStan96 and 4 others like this.
  15. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    Was an interesting night of racing, thanks @JonoStan96 for organising the event and last minute invite to fill the Porsche line up and thanks everyone on the congratulations for the win.

Wasn’t expecting much with just warm up laps to get used to the combo and tweak a base setup for the race. That continued with the unfortunate LMP1 field crash (except @Zachery) which I tried to avoid but was left with major damage.

After pitting on lap 1, Zach was out to a 40 second odd lead which I thought would be impossible to catch. I started making inroads on his lead over the hour and I think with a couple of mistakes from Zach it was down to 8odd seconds on the hour mark. Then the battle got intense, it hovered around 4seconds for a good 15 mins and went up and down depending on where we both got traffic which was a lot of fun. What was likely to be an awesome battle for the rest of the race was stopped with the unfortunate sight of Zach in the wall out of turn 4 which was a shame. I had a pretty comfortable lead after that and I started to switch off.... bad idea, I spun twice but had some luck on my side with no wall contact. Somehow found my groove again and pushed for the remainder of the race and got rewarded with the fastest lap and the win.

Congrats to @Zachery and @StigsTC on finishing in the LMP1 podium spots. Also congrats to @X3rx3s44 on the GT class win which looked like an epic battle with Jono near the end there as I spectacled for most of a lap before safely passing.

On the topic of LMP1/GT passing, which is always the best part of multi-class racing, it was questionable at times throughout the race. I will definitely put my hand up and own that a couple of my passing moves weren’t the best but I did back out the moment I realised to avoid any contact with any GT car throughout the whole race. But I must say, some GT cars were very unpredictable to pass, sometimes they would stay on the race line and other times they would completely move off it which is just asking for trouble. Even happened on the straights...

Anyways, I love multi-class racing and the challenge that comes with passing throughout the race, it takes 2 to tango and it doesn’t always work out. Patience for the faster class and predictability by the slower class will always prevail.

Hopefully can join some more races in the future. Cheers
    StigsTC, X3rx3s44, Viperzed and 3 others like this.
  16. bluexephos22

bluexephos22 Rookie

PSN ID
    BlueXephos22
    Loved the multi-class racing. Bring on LM!
    JonoStan96 and Viperzed like this.
  17. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Good fun last night. Absolute chaos at the start meant that I managed to take the lead in GT class as well as somehow holding onto 2nd overall momentarily lol. As the race progressed I begun to dwindle down the wrong strategy path and not make use of my pace, letting @JonoStan96 go relatively easy and just focusing on my own fuel hoping it would make life easier for the second stint. Unfortunately that idea never worked as I didn't make too many inroads on Jono as @X3rx3s44 and @CaptainRisky21 begun to hunt me down on what became the correct (2 stop) strategy. I quickly realised the errors of my ways and started to push harder only for things to not go my way and end up with damage at the final corner, ending what would have certainly been a podium worthy drive.

As for my 2c in the passing debate, I think for the most part it's very difficult to judge at what point exactly we will be caught and therefore makes it hard to adjust (or not adjust) our line to suit. Whilst I personally didn't have any problems with LM cars, I'm sure I may have caused a few problems without realising. That being said, In order for Le Mans to go as smoothly as possible I think it's actually important to call out drivers who you think may have had issues letting you by or passing you last night and just using basic feedback to help out everyone. Well done @MINT_GTR and Sam great drives from you both
    JonoStan96, MINT_GTR, StigsTC and 4 others like this.
  18. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Multiclass from a faster class view:
    Its preferable that you just take the normal line rather than react, unless you can do it super duper early and make it clear, like out of the last corner at Interlagos you can either commit wide or narrow instead of floating in the middle of the track on the racing line. That one helps heaps and everyone was really good about it last night, never got caught wondering which side I should be going.
    At LM for example between Mulsanne and Indianapolis, those kinks are just dangerous with GT cars in the middle of the road, pick a side early and just stick to it, preferably the inside if you can get across, a GT car on the outside always feels like its going to cut back as per 2011 with Rockenfeller. Otherwise just stick to the racing line, at LM the P1s are either getting it done on the brakes and be clearly alongside, or will have to wait for the exit and will line it up to fire out the other side. Definitely do not try and get out of the way on the exit by taking a weird line because you'll find a P1 stuck up your backside in a real hurry.
    The only 'sequence' you can have a P1 car stuck behind you is Porsche curves, and Ford chicanes. At Porsche a P1 will have to wait to go around the outside on the right hander before Karting, and that's about it unless they get a perfectly timed run to make a move elsewhere in the section. As for Ford, P1s just have to wait as there is one line in Ford and the braking zone isn't big enough to make a move without disadvantaging everyone severely. Only issues I've had at LM are when GT cars did unpredictable things moving off line "to make it easier" after a move has already been committed to.
    In turn, P1s should know to not try and do what McNish did by sneaking up the inside of a GT car that is already committed to a high speed corner, and for that matter not demand a GT car to stay narrow in the high speed to accommodate them on the outside. 2nd part of Porsche is fine as the line IS to stay narrow for Karting.
    Also please, please don't try and block a P1 to stop them passing before a slow section, that's just how you get wiped out and ruin races. If a P1 is making a questionable move, trying to stop them isn't going to help anyone, and just slows everyone down. Same goes in reverse, P1s know not to do dumb dives into Ford chicanes because all you'll do is end up having a huge moment and likely take someone out with you.
    For Drivers to recommend, I've raced a bunch with Storm and I never have a problem with him because he's either on the racing line, or obviously trying to let you through to steal some draft up the next straight. Jono much the same because he is either on the line or he has moved before you have even considered which side to overtake on. No surprises that the ex-GTPES guys know how to play with traffic, but they are the guys you feel safe trying to pass. Funnily enough I feel the most pressure trying to pass them because I know to collect them its been something stupid I've done, it feels like I take more risks on the unpredictable drivers just to clear them sooner before they can do something that causes a crash, by catching them by surprise they can't react and it means they stay where you expect them.
    Le Mans will be a bit tricky for the first few runs as everyone gets use to how early/late the other class brakes from the high speeds, but once we get a feel for each other, if we stick to common sense we'll be ok.

Also;
    Yes.
    X3rx3s44 and JonoStan96 like this.
  19. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Give us the TL,DR version for a change stigsy
    Toranafan-02 likes this.
  20. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    This is so true.
    As the slowest driver in WET I hold my head high and learn from the best Cheers Jono For the races Its a bit out of my league
    JonoStan96 likes this.