GT-Sport [WET Event] (3/8) Gran Premio do Brasil

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by JonoStan96, Jul 22, 2019.

1. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Aight.
    Lower class stay on racing line, moving off the line will cause a crash.
    Moving off racing line only good when racing line is ambiguous to a side of the road, and only if done very early, or you'll cause a crash.
    Faster class, don't be stupid, you'll cause a crash.
    Don't block faster class cars, you'll cause a crash.
    Don't make slower class cars change their line after they are committed to it, you'll cause a crash.
    Jono and Storm are the easiest to pass, they don't cause a crash.
    Unpredictable people cause crashes, and entice faster people to take risks, and cause a crash.
    Crashes are bad.
    xlxy90, bluexephos22, Zachery and 2 others like this.
  2. TDZdave

TDZdave Team Driver

PSN ID
    TDZ-4-12-14-88
    just to touch on what stigs said.

I nerfed a blue Ferrari into an Aston at point in anticipation of those two GT cars taking the natural racing line. It seemed both cars were giving me the inside line however I was already committed to a late apex entry with the idea of using the performance difference to run around the outside of both battling cars in the left turn afterwards. So I was pointing one way on throttle while those blokes were on the stoppers. At that point a collision was the certainty. And then that leads to more misinterpretation and miscommunication between both drivers throughout the remainder of the race.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  3. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    [​IMG]

Funny that, I seemed to be the only GTLM driver that didn’t have an issue with LMP1’s lapping me, the only time I had a hairy moment was when @bluexephos22 and I went side by side through Juncao which could have been disasterous had I not turmed away from him. I see a lot of complaining from both sides, all I’ll say is read the driver’s briefing and it’ll tell you that LMP’s must make a clean pass while the GT’s are entitled to keep on the racing line. If you’re going to let them by, make it clear early on and make use of the indicators. Hot tip guys, you’re going to lose time eventually getting lapped or lapping another car, the key is minimising the time lost by driving intelligently. A second lost is far less than losing 30 seconds pitting to repair damage. Stigs is 100% right, and in Mint’s case it is amazing what a bit of real life racing experience can teach you too. Oh and for the love of god when someone is lapping you, don’t jump on the brakes on the racing line, that is straight up dangerous.

Anyway my race seemed to go very well (for a :):):):)ing change), after being spanked in qualifying my car came alive in the race and it became clear that everyone else was running a low downforce tune, I lobbed some wedge on my car to make it more comfortable in the tricky mid section. I knew from my GTPES experience that the fast cars would be coming, and I knew exactly what to do when they got here in a pack, and thus I used the opportunity to pass a flustered Risky and then took care of Viper in short succession. It was a critical lap because if I didn’t pull away in the second sector I’d be mincemeat into turn 1. Luckily for me I managed to do just that, and began pulling away at a vast rate of knots, so much so I thought I forgot to put the Platinum ballast on but a post race check confirmed I was running with an extra 6%.

Then something odd happened. Xerxes had found his pace and boy was he fast. Definitely not Silver pace. He got damage about 40 mins in whilst I still had the lead and pitted on what turned out to be a great 2 stop strategy. I had no idea at the time, while I was on worn tyres he was taking roughly 2 seconds a lap out of me and easily made up for the deficit. His second stop helped him come out only 7 seconds behind me and closing fast. David then copped the pit lane teleport glitch again, and I was in the midst of typing a message to Red Flag the race before he begged me to not do it as he was already laps behind after a bathroom visit. This cost me 4 seconds. Xerxes was on my tail and the battle was on, but not for long as David spun and I had no where to go, my car was damaged, race basically over now. Gave it one last gasp of fighting with Xerxes before the inevitable happened, thus I pitted to repair the damage and pray Xerxes would run dry. I was confined to a bitterly disappointing 2nd place. It felt like a repeat of Catalunya where I drove an absolutely killer stint to start off with only to be embarrassed by a much faster car in the second half. Full credit to Xerxes for the win though, a day before the race he was nowhere, and it all came good on race day when it really counted.

Excited for Le Mans in a few weeks time, thread should be going up tomorrow so keep an eye out.
    Sorry if I sound a little bit pissed off in this post, I’m honestly sick of sim racing lately but it’s like any addiction really, you know it’s bad for you if you keep it up, but you can’t stop coming back for more because it can give you a high you can’t get elsewhere. Hopefully Le Mans can give me that.
    X3rx3s44, StigsTC and Zachery like this.
  4. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Cheers mate
  5. X3rx3s44

X3rx3s44 Rookie

PSN ID
    X3rx3s44
    Thanks @JonoStan96.
    I agree I was not even close a day before. Got the sim rig setup Wednesday night and turned about a dozen laps Thursday evening before last chance qualifying.
    I'd looked at the provisional qualifying results and saw 4 people ran sub-30 and decided with no practice and a straight copy of @Viperzed's setup (thanks again for that mate - and the amazing livery!) if I could be within the 30.5 mark that would be alright and I could build on it from there. Turns out I couldn't even get an OPT below 30.5 and qualified in a 30.8 I started to wonder if joining this race so late was even a good idea...
    After last chance qualifying I kept practicing and tweaking the setup to make it more driveable on wheel vs controller and started to see improvement but not as much as I wanted.
    From there I came into the race with zero expectation and thought if I keep my head down and stay clean perhaps I can managed a top 10 overall behind the LMPs and the sub-30 qualifiers. What happened next amazed me, be it slightly more time in the rig, a better attitude or just more consistency (probably all of the above) I came into the race lobby and it all just clicked.
    I never expected to be contending this race and as I said in my first post thanks again to Jono, Viper and @CaptainRisky21 for the battles that was some great fun and most importantly we fought hard but kept it clean.
    Bring on Le Mans!

Also, quick thanks to @xlxy90 for sending his tune to me Friday night in an attempt to get me competitive. I didn't even end up getting a chance to test it but that's another story.

P.S. What Number Boards are you giving me now Jono? :D
    xlxy90, CaptainRisky21 and JonoStan96 like this.
  6. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  7. Toranafan-02

Toranafan-02 Team Driver

PSN ID
    SIR_Tyson_02 PS4. deadman024 PS3.
  8. JonoStan96

PSN ID