GT-Sport (WET Event) [5/10] Historic Le Mans Showdown

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by JonoStan96, Sep 24, 2019.

1. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    But isn't the point of BoP to bring the field closer together? Pretty sure that would justify everyone getting a nerf of some description, considering the Porsche can't get any faster
    Buster_Danis likes this.
  2. Dermott Brereton

Dermott Brereton Rookie

PSN ID
    ZingerStacker21
    I might be a :):):):) driver but I know a bruised ego when I see it, Stigsy getting his mates to do his fighting for him is just more proof of that.

Also pump your brakes kid, I have a half points podium to my name
    razor4797 likes this.
  3. bluexephos22

bluexephos22 Rookie

PSN ID
    BlueXephos22
    gonna be a fun race I think
  4. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Balance of Vehicle performance, yes.
    Balance of Driver performance, no.
    Balance of Engineering performance, no.
    Balance of Pit Crew Performance, no.

The point of BoP is that the same man gets the same times in different cars.
    When you start BoPing drivers and teams you have miss-used BoP. We already have driver handicap ballast to take care of that.

And no Dermott, my ego is not bruised. Beat me in my car at my specs then yeah sure, but random generalisations without any reference or context isn't going to win any actual discussion and I'm entirely unmoved by it. I'm still waiting for citations,
    As for Storm, he's been there done that as I have, and as such sees it similarly to how I do. I've seen what he does for his own BoP and how he defends other's BoP, and that will always have respect because he will readily waste his race preparation time to prove his findings across all cars to defend or criticise a BoP, and then supply specifications that correct any discrepancies.
  5. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Ah god why do I put myself through this crap every few weeks or so ffs
  6. Dermott Brereton

Dermott Brereton Rookie

PSN ID
    ZingerStacker21
    Didn't you pull out of a race cause you got bopped
  7. Storm_SP17

Storm_SP17 Rookie

I'm happy to let Stigs pull you guys into the Shadow Realm and I needn't say a word.

I'm getting involved because its interesting, because the same cycle repeats and its always this race track.
    - Balance of (car) Performance gets nerfed for the driver who outperforms the rest of the field.
    - Driver of said car contests.
    - Everyone tries to call BS.
    - Raceday Practice comes, nerfed driver enters a different car for warm up.
    - Matches performance of nerfed car's pre-nerf laptime in said different car in front of Race Organiser and 10 other drivers in real-time.
    - Driver with nerfed car still somehow outperforms 90% the field on raceday.
  8. Buster_Danis

Buster_Danis Team Driver

Leave me out of this risky! & can someone get me some more popcorn?:whistling:
    CaptainRisky21 likes this.
  9. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Historic Le Mans Meltdown o_O
  10. NoirAntares

NoirAntares Rookie

PSN ID
    CWM_NoirAntares
    Imma sit back and watch this. Quality entertainment between drivers too smart to just shut up vs :):):):)ty drivers just in it to say something.
  11. bluexephos22

bluexephos22 Rookie

PSN ID
    BlueXephos22
    I wish Mum and Dad would stop fighting
    Buster_Danis, StigsTC and NoirAntares like this.
  12. NoirAntares

NoirAntares Rookie

PSN ID
    CWM_NoirAntares
    When you get flexed on by a half point podium, you know you just lost.
  13. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    This drama gets you toey, don’t pretend it doesn’t
  14. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    We need to stop all this talking and start walking.... who is up for some warm up practice for tonight?!?
  15. CaptainRisky21

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    I'll get home soon and join ya
    MINT_GTR likes this.
  16. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    It's like the divorce all over again
    bluexephos22 likes this.
  17. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    I pulled out of a race where, after qualifying, no BoP changes were made to correct being 3/4 of a second off the midfield.
    Hopped in another car and ran more than competitive times to prove my point.
    So no, I did not pull out of a race cause I got bop'd, this is not an accurate reflection of events.
    Still awaiting citations.
    Don't drink and forum kids. Sorry man.
  18. CaptainRisky21

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    But it's all well and good to be a second ahead of 3rd huh.
    Dermott Brereton likes this.
  19. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Driver’s Briefing: Historic Le Mans Showdown
    Please read the following and ‘like’ once you have read and understood it.
    [​IMG]

Race: 11:00 Fine Weather
    One Lap Test Race: 19:20 AEST
    Start Time: 19:30 AEST
    42 Laps
    Racing Softs
    Tyre/Fuel Depletion: X1

RACE START PROCEDURE:
    The room host will set the grid based on the qualifying order. At approximately 19:20 the host must start a 1 lap test to ensure everyone can move off the grid with no issue. This can be done by changing the race type to Practice/Race.

Prior to the race start, the host must double check the Power and Weight of each car matches those listed in the OP.
    The race will start in a side by side formation as per previous endurance events. The pole sitter will set the pace but the 1st lap must not take longer than 6 Minutes. Your speed must not exceed 140km/h during the formation lap. Please ensure you are in single file until the final sector in order to reduce the risk of accidental colisions on the formation lap. The pole sitter after rounding the final corner can choose when to hit the gas to start the race as long as it is before the start finish line. The race will go green at the start finish line regardless of the pole sitter’s actions.
    If you are silly enough to spin on the formation lap, you are allowed to regain your place, but tough luck if the race starts before you can do so...

3 Strikes Rule
    In order to combat the issues in the last event, anyone who freezes on the grid will be given 2 more chances to get going via rejoining and resetting. If it takes more than 3 attempts, you will be excluded from the race however you will pick up a point for 16th place.

TRACK LIMITS: As per our rules and regs drivers must keep 2 wheels on the ripple strips or white lines at all times. We all make a mistake or 2, but if you are caught "continually and obviously" running outside the track limits to gain advantage you risk being penalised post race by the Stewards Group.

CONTACT: CONTACT IS TO BE AVOIDED AT ALL TIMES. If you make contact with the car in front and gain an advantage, you MUST give the place back at the next available opportunity.

SWERVING: You are NOT permitted to swerve from side to side on the straights. Drivers may only change direction ONCE on corner entry.

TURN 1 LAP 1: You can't win the race at turn 1, but you can certainly lose it. Take care into the first corner and leave plentiful space for other drivers, as this is the most risky part of the race. This is a very long race, so there should be no divebombs or ridiculous moves so early on. Heavy damage is on, so you will suffer the consequences if you are stupid.

PIT LINES: Use the pit lane lines as indicated. Do not charge into the pit lane as you risk damaging your ego and disrupting the race. Commit early to avoid potentially causing a serious accident. Stay within the lines, you may not cut the exit line AT ALL, otherwise you will receive a warning. For Maggiore and other tracks you are permitted to cut the dotted lines, but you must not cut the solid lines.

BLUE FLAGS: Blue flag rules will apply as per usual.

HEALTH: Please empty your bladder before the race. We have a big enough break before the race to do so, we’ve all heard the degenerate stories of people pissing in bottles to continue playing, I really hope that doesn’t happen here! On the flipside, keep hydrated during the race with a bottle of water or energy drink, etc.

If you have any questions, check the driver’s briefing, check the OP, then if that does not answer your questions, ask me here!
  20. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    What side of the grid do you want?