What was your first car that you owned?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by JonoStan96, Aug 27, 2013.

1. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    better than the austin a40
  2. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Actually I had a street drag against an A40 and he kicked my butt.:oops:
  3. colin-50_

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    yer mine was running a 149 grey motor with a 5 speed celica gear box eventuly
    emmo46 likes this.
  4. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    A beastie.;)
  5. colin-50_

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    it would shake like a leaf up 65 miles per hour and would be as smooth as a babies bottom after that but went like a rocket
    back then there was no wide wheels so i bolted the rims around the other way to give me extra road holding
  6. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    I had an Ej wagon, painted matte black with a spraycan by my father. It had a 202 with a stage 2 yella terra 186 head and a 5 speed celica box, lowered and rolling on 14" hotwires. Bucket seat conversion, HR disc brake front end. Was awesome fun to drive but man did it suck down the juice. And took up sooooo much time tinkering and little things going wrong with it. My next car was a bike, which was much better on the juice.

For a first car I would recommend something late 90's-early 00's japanese car. They go forever, parts are abundant and everything is throw away so there is no need to tinker. If it is still in good nick when you go to upgrade, you will still get a good price to help you get something better.
    JonoStan96 and S_CLOSE like this.
  7. ENFORCER_98

ENFORCER_98 Lead Foot Boffin

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    1999 N15 Pulsar .... had it for four years untill i wrote it off just two weeks ago i loved that car
  8. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Except stay away from subaru the Boxer engine layout means it costs more then a BMW to fix anything.

I would suggest stayinh away from Mercedes my O2 sensor went out a few weeks back and it cost 1.5k to replace rediculious.
    I would say get a RWD jap and have fun, S13s would be my suggestion.
  9. Woody

Woody Team Driver

PSN ID
    DrMoose007
    1984 Mazda RX7 series 3, was a rare one in red with a grey interior and every option available at the time. Would love to buy it back if I could find it
  10. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    First car was a VZ Commodore but I've had many commercial vehicles before that as I've always been a tradesman since I left school. My second was a Mitsubishi 380 which I loved, had it dropped and running on rubber bands with a high flow exhaust and cats. That was a great car. Since then cars became more family orientated and bigger. I've got a Y62 Patrol now, not going to get much bigger than that unless I buy American imports.
    Woody likes this.