What's been your favourites GTLOZ/ROOZ race that you have been in?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by carn_the_pies, Oct 15, 2011.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Had a chance to think about some of these not being able to drive at the moment...... :(

My enduro win this season was a good race for me, clean, good strategy and pressure from CJ and cob made the win very rewarding :D

In the G37, fuji round had a cracker race with about 4 guys, but got the win from Aussie on the last lap, then came through to 2nd in the reverse grid, pipped by Tek by about a second.

I remember having a great battle with Venosuala around one of the cape ring tracks in the mclaren.....he pipped me by about .2 after lots of laps nose to tail, under cuts, overcuts and great close racing.

Cant wait to get back into it again.

Stu
  2. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Season 1 Race 1 - High Speed Ring
    Don't remember it being too epic in terms of racing, but it was the first ever race and I was there :)
  3. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

The best one for me was winning the opening round of D6 this current season :rolleyes:

The other best race I have been is one I have been able to finish without a DC...
    stucar17 likes this.
  4. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Round 3 of State of Origin on my custom track was a ripper tactical battle with me and the Queenslanders, Mustafur just came out on top. Though I'd have easily won if I didn't have to babysit some brats!

Just thinking about that race gets me nostalgic about the course maker, PD's incompetence makes me doubt if we'll ever get one in GT6 and all of it's promised features... sigh.
  5. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    70 Laps @ Kart Space 1 in the first Rooz Kart series in the Racing Kart Jnr ;)

It was intense short track enduro, well not really as the race only went for around 35min, but it felt like an eternity or a bad acid trip with all those lights o_O
    stucar17 likes this.
  6. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Race 2 of the Group Mayhem event last night:
    image.jpg
    t_b_williams likes this.
  7. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Trial Mountain in the BRZ, epic battles with Holland and then trying to catch up to warrior, one of the only races I've done where i wished the race was longer.

If i am ever a Billionaire, i will make a real life version of that track.
    DoogleDave and S_CLOSE like this.
  8. Randm90

Randm90 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Randm90
    I think Apricot Hill this season with @Hatfield takes the cake now!
  9. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    wow I had forgotten about this thread!
    Randm90 likes this.
  10. Randm90

Randm90 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Randm90
    Yeah I'm bored in Literature Class so I'm going through old threads and found this one! Thought might try revive it ;)
  11. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Hmm Favourite Race,

would have to be Season 4 Pcars, Rd1 at Imola, in the Ginetta GT4.
    Had just been promoted to Div2, along with @SPL Racing and @v8power383.
    quallied terrible, so looked like it was going to be a tough season, but throughout the race i just had epic battle after battle working through the pack. ended up in a 5-7 lap battle with @CobMcCool , and then was reeling in SPL lap by lap, but alas, a penalty was the end of that, finished in 4th, and gained some real confidence for the remainder of the season.

epic Race, on an epic track. was a good start to the season!
    SPL Racing likes this.
  12. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    It's so hard to pick just one race as there have been so many great races that I have been involved in at ROOZ with many different drivers. If I could name a top 3 it would be...
    HTO Series back in GT6 at Midfield racing against @Adronaught and @Ad2mny. The 3 of us were locked together for about half the race. I was in the HSV as was Adro. Ads was in the GTR or BMW (can't remember). The HSV was a lot quicker through the corners but the Ads car was a monster down the straight. We would spend all lap trying to get by him and if we did he would just fly past us on the straight and we would have to start again. It was only for minor position not a win or podium but it was awesome racing.

The wet race at Monza in the Radical, I had no pace in the wet so I just tried for consistency not speed, one by one the cars in front of me made mistakes and I got to the front and built up a huge gap on the drying track for the win, a total surprise!

And the Sprint race number 1 at Silverstone against @Beverages4017, locked in a race long battle with him pressuring me the whole way for 3rd place, I made a couple of mistakes letting him by but managed to regain position each time. After he passed me on hangar straight on the last lap I had a last ditch effort on the final complex pushing him deep under brakes into the chicane and giving me the criss cross to get back in front and take 3rd on the line.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  13. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Yep I thought you were going to have me at the end at the speed you were coming at.
    Zachery likes this.
  14. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    ad's car might have been the supra
    Ad2mny likes this.
  15. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    i wouldve if not for that damn chicane! i vividly remember the moment my hopes were cruched!
  16. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Ah yep that's the one, the Supra.
  17. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    [​IMG]
    JonoStan96 and Zachery like this.
  18. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    hahaha Nailed it!
    SPL Racing likes this.
  19. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Wow yeah I remember that one, was getting better drive out the final hairpin into the tunnel and drafting by on the straight with the supra's superior straight line speed. Over the whole series I think that was one of the best battles I had too, pretty sure I ran it off the track in the first two turns from memory and lost touch but was great fun while it lasted!
  20. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    @TF22Raptor was another cracking race in the Pozzi at Nurburg in GT6........was nose to tail till the first stop, the mid race we split onto different strategies, then last stint i managed to track him down and pass on the outside of the turn 7 hairpin. Managed to get the win, after half the race nose to tail with no contact.....was great racing.