Thrustmaster Which wheel/pedals combo should I get in Thrustmaster range?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting' started by zuluwoffle, Oct 11, 2016.

1. zuluwoffle

zuluwoffle Team Driver

PSN ID
    zuluwoffle
    Hey guys,

Just after some help. I'm switching from the Logitech G29 to Thrustmaster after a few too many issues with G29s and my head is swimming with the combos on offer with the Thrustmaster range. So I was hoping that those of you out there that have a Thrustmaster would be able to help me narrow down something.

This is what I have so far that's within my budget of $800 and I'm using this on the PS4 mainly.

Thrustmaster T500.
    Thrustmaster T300 integral edition with alcantera wheel.
    Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari GTE wheel with T3PA Pro Pedals.
    Thrustmaster T300 standard wheel with T3PA pedals and Th8a shifter (if I can scrounge the extra $80).

Interested to hear your thoughts and appreciate the recommendations.
  2. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    Thrustmaster T300 T3PA Pro Pedals (with Ricmotech loadcell)
    My thoughts only, ive always been a lover of a loadcell. Pressure is easier to modulate than distance.
    zuluwoffle likes this.
  3. zuluwoffle

zuluwoffle Team Driver

PSN ID
    zuluwoffle
    Cheers Naacs. I should have said that if I go with the pros, I will eventually get the loadcell mod down the track.
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
  4. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Yeah I run a T300 with stock pedals and TH8A shifter. It's a great wheel but well worth going to the T3PA pros for the pedals over stock for extra feel. The shifter is a great piece of kit and well worth adding to your set up.
    zuluwoffle likes this.
  5. zuluwoffle

zuluwoffle Team Driver

PSN ID
    zuluwoffle
    Hey SPL. Would you take the shifter and the T3PA pedals over no shifter and the T3PA-PRO pedals or the other way around?
  6. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Yeah I would say the shifter and T3PA's, I love having the shifter. It makes it a little more challenging having to take a hand off the wheel to change gears and the choice of H Pattern or sequential is great so you can swap between depending on the car you are using.
    I haven't tried the normal T3PA pedals only the pros so I don't know the difference in the feeling between the two. The Pro's are very solid and great to use. Perhaps someone that has tried both could tell you where the two pedal sets differ and what would be a better choice.
    zuluwoffle likes this.
  7. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    Another +1 for T300 with T3PA-PRO's - I plan to upgrade to the load cell mod and the shifter down the track too. The PRO pedals are much better than the stock pedals, but i havent used the normal T3PA ones.

The PRO pedals can also be mounted both 'formula' and 'GT' style depending on your setup. Formula style is on the floor like most pedal sets, and GT style is mounted from behind like a road car's pedal box.
    zuluwoffle likes this.
  8. zuluwoffle

zuluwoffle Team Driver

PSN ID
    zuluwoffle
    Yeah the stock standard 2 pedal set with the T300 look :):):):) to be honest. I guess with the T3PA PRO pedals being in GT style, you'd save a lot of :):):):) getting into the patentiometers?
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  9. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    T500 is probably the best bet, that way all you need to buy is the shifter and rim if you want one.
    Only downside is the static paddles on the T500 but even playing games like F1 i have no problems.
    Also its clearly obvious the T500 is way more reliable.
  10. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    I have base model T300 RS with the standard two pedals. No problems with them by me. I've never tried the updated pedals either tho.
  11. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Aaahhh...... aren't @Killercarlcox69 's new pedals the T3PA's. Didn't think he had the pro's. In which case you've tried the T3PA's
    SPL Racing likes this.
  12. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Aaahhh I'm not sure :thumbsdown: I thought they were Pro's cause Killer needs all the help he can get;) but now I think about it they can't be hung upside down can they?
  13. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Considering my second G29 just broke, mayyyyyyyybe get a thrustmaster :thumbsdown:
    Sam D Blacklock and The_Spectre like this.