AC Won my 1st ever race tonight over at XGN

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by David Brister, Aug 10, 2017.

1. David Brister

David Brister Team Driver

Just wanted to Brag lol

XGN Thursday Fun Run in the Alfa Romeo GTA at Circuit Mas du Clos in France - 10/8/2017

10 years i have waited for this moment, i honestly thought it would never come. i wasnt even going to race tonight, downloaded the track at 6:40pm. practiced for 15mins left and come back at the start of the 15min qually season, but something clicked.

My best ever qualifying position of 6th, never in my wildest thoughts even then did i think a win was on the cards. a nice clean lap, lap 2 Bacchulum crashed then a few laps later Rooshooter lost it in the same spot as Bacch, now 3rd, i just pushed on, Robin seemed to be running wide Bruce passed me, i cant recall what happened to 1st and 2nd as it was now Bruce and I, as i chased him down for the lead. he got wide after the last turn but just kept it on track, i backed off and gave him room as he was the leader, just not used to being up the front, then next lap he went a little wide again, this time i kept my foot down and passed him up the straight for my 1st ever over take into Position One! i had been sweating real bad and had the nervous shakes chasing down Bruce, now i was in the lead, man did i feel the nerves kick in even harder! But i put my head down and tried very hard to concentrate, i pitted a few laps later on 22 or 23 giving the lead back to Bruce, bruce pitted and i retook the lead as he sat in the pits. there was still some 13-14 laps left could i hold my nerve for that long, nerves got me again and my hands and feet were shaking, i had a lead of about 5-6 sec and i managed to get it out around the 8 sec mark, then i backed off and relaxed, to a degree, lol, very hard to keep the focus and not lose with excitement, i made just the 1 mistake all race with a compression lock up going into turn 1, slipped it in 3rd at high revs and the car spun to the right up over the grass corner, managed to save it keep it on the road, took some big breaths then pushed on. with 2 laps to go i knew it was done and safe as long as i didnt cock up, i slowed down the hill onto the front straight so not to lose it, i braked a little early for all the corners then i crossed the line - WINNER.

I did shed a little tear, the feeling was numbness, disbelief, i pulled up around the top of turn 1-2 and just sat there. Soaking it in, i just won, in the end by just under 8sec, I just won, unbelievable.

I just want to say thanks to everyone for acknowledgment of my win, it was very special, thank you. There were some bloody good drivers in tonights line up, but the Gods had smiled and tonight was My Night!!

Check out my pics and a couple of videos
    https://www.facebook.com/david.bris...10159199271895788.1073741850.515140787&type=3
    Pete, Spidey_11, garyw61 and 7 others like this.
  2. David Brister

3. David Brister

4. David Brister

5. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Well done mate, it is a great feeling and even better when its unexpected.

To do it with good drivers and plenty of competition is even more rewarding...Well done mate
    Spidey_11 and David Brister like this.
  6. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Well done awesome glad to hear it!
    David Brister likes this.
  7. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Had some good speed there Dave, just missed fastest lap as well!
  8. Mael

Mael Professional

Some of David's laps. You can see how hard the car's suspension works on the track.

No idea how you managed such a tight line on the corner exit of the last turn David. I had to use the curb there!
  9. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    So good, absolutely committed on that t1 entry to make it stick. No easy car to handle either. Love that thing. Was surprised to see an actual one on the streets of Perth recently.
  10. David Brister

Thanks Guys. I thought i had fastest lap as well, as i was the 1st to break into the 58's but rooshooter got me on his last lap i think it was. As for tight lines Mael i have no idea either, i just found a grove and stuck to it. When i had asked over teamspeak to Bruce, What do i do now? when i was in 2nd place, i was all over him in T1, and that last big round about bend before the drop off, and then when i passed him, it was oh :):):):), what do i really do now? lol the sweat and nerves, loved it, but apart from battling with Bruce, i had a really clean run, not many cars about me, i let rooshooter unlap himself towards the end so i didnt have the pressure of him on my rear, i was keep a nice distance back from AJ untill he crashed on the outside of the last corner almost taking me with him. But i just ran my own pace and felt very comfortable with the car set up and track. I used the same set from Tor Pozan and slightly changed the tyre pressure and that was it, lol
    Peter Wise, Anon666 and Hatfield like this.
  11. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    Congrats on you first win Dave.
    now you know how to do it I'm sure you will get plenty more