GT5 World tour series to fill gap after Season 11

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by emmo46, May 3, 2013.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Madrid.
    This one I managed to get right. I started third behind Bj and Overdrivve and managed to scrape past them into the lead as they bounced off each other at the first turn. I then had a scrabbling bunch of cars brawling with each other to get at me, I managed to hold them all at bay, even Mustafur who had forced his way through to second until he pitted for the undercut at the end of lap 4. I led into the pits at the end of lap 5 and somehow S_Close ghosted past me in the pit lane, his little robot then baulked my little robot as he turned into his pit. Anon who had smartly pitted on lap one to get himself some clear air and Mustafur went by into first and second place. After we exited the pits S_Close generously waited to let me pass after the pit muckup and Overdrivve followed me through past S_Close. S_Close quickly pounced on Overdrivve and they repeatedly bounced off each other in the struggle to see who was going to get the pleasure of banging my rear bumper for the next six laps. I concentrated on getting my braking and apexes right and the only place I was vulnerable was from the last chicane up to the first corner. Most times I got it right but on a couple of laps they drafted up to me and I had one each side heading into turn one. Three abreast in there is quite daunting but luckily I always had my nose in front and had my entry controlled enough not to give them an opening. It was very enjoyable, much the same as theTVR at Madrid in S11 race where I held off the faster Vendalism and Disturbo.
    All in all a mixed night, an outright podium at last and a Div2 win in Madrid were satisfying but Divisional 4ths and outright 7ths in the first 2 races were a little disappointing. I took it very steady in London and didn't make any errors and I was fast at Le Mans but put it in the sand four times. The end result was the same in both events

2. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Le Mans Report
    I will have to look at the replay because I was up and down like a bride's nightie during this race. What I do remember is I started on the front row beside Ad2 and made a good start to lead onto Mulsanne straight only for the race to be abandoned because some idiot (me) forgot to reset the lap counter back to 5 from the 20 set for London. The restart was managed very well but I got a slight jump start penalty and couldn't pass Ad2 off the line this time. I should have calmly followed him to the Mulsanne straight but I got too eager and managed to put it in the sand again and was back to last place as we entered the Mulsanne. From there I remember passing Anon who was off track at Indianapolis corner, running off the track trying not to hit him at the second Mulsanne chicane, following two cars very closely up the straight to Indianapolis only to run into the sand because I couldn't see the apex or braking reference. Two other off track excursion where I basically just stuffed up. The last lap was fun as I closed on Ad2 and Joe through the second half of the lap. That was enjoyable, especially the porsche curves.
  3. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    I had third in the bag in the first race but small mistakes and a harsh overtake maneuver by Jono relegated me to fourth. I would have loved to see that again Jono, can't really tell how that went tbh. Must admit, did a lot better than I anticipated, had never raced in that track before last week.

Second race made just as many mistakes, but so did everyone else. I was catching up to Jono before pits, came out third after my stop and went into the sand allowing Anon to overtake me in the lap before last. Quickly put a move on Anon again and overtook him, only to make a mistake again in the last lap and hand him third place.

Madrid was a lot of fun, kept in the top 3 before the pit stop where the game did this pit overtaking thing again and ghosted me and overdrive through Emmo, putting me in front. I waited for him to overtake and claim back his position but that killed any possibility to catch up with Musta and Anon. Emmo held his ground and won third position fare and square, meanwhile overdrive and I exchange paint all the way til the end, it was a great battle
    emmo46 likes this.
  4. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    I knew this would probably be my worst round, I really don't like the Elise's handling and couldn't get used to it all race, i wasn't even able to do a clean lap in qualifying so i ended up mid grid, I knew i had the pace to be up the front but my consistency wasn't good, and anon was able to easily win, Madrid is probably one of my weakest tracks although I felt quite comfortable with the Seat there, Anon took full advantage of running in clear air and funny enough i was actually going to pit earlier but i forgot where the pit was.

Le mans was good, but really N64 gifted that to me, if he didn't have the spin just before his pit he would of won as I got 10 seconds on him there.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  5. sparklehead83

sparklehead83 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    what cars are we in this sunday?
  6. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Monte Carlo - Monaco - Ferrari California - 10 laps - Sports soft
    Italy - Monza (no chicane)- Ferrari 458 Italia - 11 laps - Sports soft
    Germany - Nordschleife - BMW M3 04 (from the UCD) - 3 laps - Sports Soft (if you don't have one speak up and I will get one to you)
  7. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    26 points for outright and Div 1 is not what I would call a poor round.:D
  8. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Your BMW is in the mail. I have nine spares left so if anyone hasn't got one let me know soon, I will be sending N64 one tomorrow.
  9. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Where's humble Anon? Lol!!!!!!
  10. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    @Emmo, thanks for the car. Did you want something in exchange? I've got all tradeable cars and tickets from Lvl 0 to 24, chrome paints, just ask.

@Serge, man, you made me go all super confident before the :):):):)groan GT race and I ended up building sandcastles for half of it. I'll stick with humble, less distance to fall!!
    S_CLOSE likes this.
  11. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I was the same, I thought I had the LeMans race figured but I f**^^ed up straight away when I followed Ad2 off the road at the first chicane, He recovered but I slithered across the road into the sand on the other side to firmly claim last spot. I felt rather foolish after the race but after watching the replay I now know I was not alone in my sandy adventures, most of you went off a couple of times, me more than most unfortunately. I went from last to fighting for second back to second last to fighting for fourth to second last again. I spent a lot of the race duelling with you but that came to an end on lap four when I tried that pass at the second Mulsanne chicane. I had to lock up and swerve to avoid knocking you off course and that consigned me to another sandy adventure. I don't think you saw me.

I can't wait to see Ad2s report on this race, he had a couple of sandy moments as well.
  12. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Your welcome, and no there aren't any cars I need. Thanks for the offer though. :)
  13. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Unfortunately I forgot to save the replay for the London race which is a shame cause I'm sure there would have been some good photo's in there. emmo46, TTR_joe90 and I had a really good dice early in the race and I was side by side with emmo46 through 2 consecutive corners. That was a brilliant battle for about 2 or 3 laps. But a mistake put me back behind bjh1012 and after I got back past he followed me around for about 2 laps then spun out on the down hill left and I was by myself. I could see the gap to first getting larger and larger with my little errors trying too hard to catch back up and realized, to my horror when it got to 48 secs with 6 laps to go, there was a real chance I could be lapped. Sure enough with 3 laps to go Anon666 started appearing in my map and with 2 laps to go he was well within reach. I told him I could see blue flags but he said just keep pushing on and I somehow managed to put in 2 decent laps with him right on my tail. Those last few laps and the dicing with emmo46 and TTR_joe90 were great but the rest of the time was spent just trying not to spin on that damn downhill section.

More to come...
  14. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny

A 4.09 best lap?!? WTF happened I was getting low 06's in practice lol !! :confused:
    JonoStan96 and emmo46 like this.
  15. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I now how you feel, I was getting 4:06s as well but with the pit stop there were only 2 laps that were clear to set a time, you and I pitted at the end of lap two which meant 4 and 5 were going to be the best and I unfortunately had offs on both of those laps. The 4:19 beside my name is embarrassing but is not representative.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  16. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Looking forward to it.
  17. bjh1012

bjh1012 Bruce Hale Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    bjh1012
    Hi guys i had frustrating race night .London was meant to be my good race track but i hit every bit of wall on the track spent most of the night facing the wrong way & buy the time i pulled over to let you guys lap me i felt like digging a big hole four me and car.
    Got to race 2 and could not find my car and internet i tried four seemed like eternity just hoping to get back for race 3. four commentary on race 3 just read race 1:)
    PS i reset modem cleared cache just not my night. Aways next sunday???:)
  18. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Have you got your BMW ready for the 'ring?
  19. bjh1012

bjh1012 Bruce Hale Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    bjh1012
    Hi emmo gave it oil change & body rigidity & put right tyres on it lol
    . have done about 15/20 laps.can you tell me if we run low grip or real in the race cheers bj
  20. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Real I think.