GT5 World tour series to fill gap after Season 11

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by emmo46, May 3, 2013.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Do an engine overhaul as well.
  2. bjh1012

bjh1012 Bruce Hale Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    bjh1012
    Sorry have overhaul engine as well thanks bj
  3. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    La Sarthe

Had high hopes for this track but as usual little mistakes cost me dearly.

After the aborted first and second starts, got away to a brilliant start from pole but outbraked myself into Dunlop Chicane with emmo46 following me in. I got a shortcut penalty and by the time I got going again the only person behind me was emmo46. TTR_joe90 and OverDrivve ran wide at Tertre Rouge and Anon666 just ahead of me could not avoid OverDrivve as he rejoined which gained me 3 positions in 1 corner putting me into 4th.

[​IMG]

Mustafur ran too hot into the second Mulsanne Chicane which allowed me to grab onto his slipstream and pass but a little too deep on the brakes and a little bit of a wheel in the gravel trap at Mulsanne let him back past. I was in his slipstream all the way along the back section but he sat right in the middle of the road making a pass a very risky '2 wheels on the grass' move.

[​IMG]
    We both passed S_CLOSE parked in the barrier at Indianapolis. We both ran wide on exit but me not so much allowing me to pass and was in 2nd by Arnage. I was very cautious through Porsche Curves and Mustafur was giving me some hurry up taps through the last part but managed to hold him off.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Mustafur, emmo46 and me, with Anon666 looking on exiting Dunlop Chicane

Mustafur got a much neater run through Ford Chicanes and was ahead by Dunlop Curve. All of a sudden emmo46 appeared up my inside at Dunlop Chicane, then dropped back behind for the Esses, only to come back up the inside at Tertre Rouge. He didn't have enough momentum to get past so he dropped back into my slipstream, but Anon666 got both our drafts and come around the outside as emmo46 tried again up the inside. I decided not to argue for the position and braked a little early to let them ahead into the first Mulsanne Chicane. Anon666 ran in very deep and into the gravel on the outside of the chicane letting emmo46 and I back through. I drafted past emmo46 again on the next straight but he put a brilliant outbrake move on me into the second Mulsanne Chicane. Drafted past again and this time made it stick at Mulsanne, where Mustafur ran a little wide allowing me to catch hold of his draft.

[​IMG]

I noticed emmo46 and Anon666 spearing off into the gravel behind me at the kink approaching Indianapolis. Even though Mustafur ran two wheels off the track at Indianapolis and Arnage, he still did not slow or spin and managed to pull away again. Ran wide at the first part of Porsche Curves and off the track deep into the gravel trap. When I managed to get going again I was way back in 7th and emmo46 was about 2-3 secs ahead. With my dirty tyres I just could not stay on the track around the Porsche Curves and OverDrivve was past me by the time I got going properly again so I decided to pit in last position end of lap 2. Had a very uneventful and slow lap 3 and passed OverDrivve as he pitted start of lap 4, with TTR_joe90 just ahead but out of reach. emmo46 had a little tussle with Anon666 at the 2nd Mulsanne Chicane which put him into TTR_joe90's reach. I watched them dice a little until we got to Porsche Curves when TTR_joe90 ran off track half way through. Then as we come out of Dunlop Chicane, emmo46 ran off track start of the Esses gifting me 5th.

[​IMG]
    Anon666 and S_CLOSE had a good dice last lap.

[​IMG]
    N64TheStig007 (as if you couldn't tell!?!) at Arnage

Ran a very conservative final lap and even ran off the track a little at the end of the Porsche Curves but still just managed to hold on to 5th.

Madrid

Had a real good run here last time I raced the TVR and was hoping for a repeat performance but I just cant seem to get a break in this championship and finished in the lower half of the pack.

Started in 5th and got a good clean start to be past TTR_joe90 before the pit exit but S_CLOSE outbraked me into the right kink so I slotted in behind him.

[​IMG]
    emmo46, bjh1012, OverDrivve, S_CLOSE, me, Anon666, Mustafur, N64TheStig007 and TTR_joe90.

Anon666 tried for a pass coming into the double right after the second straight (Turn 3) but had a weird lag moment and ran wide into the armco falling back to last. N64TheStig007 got beside me then at the right hander and tried the long way round on the long left hander (Turn 4) but had to slow too much and dropped back behind Mustafur, who then passed me through Turn 6. I miscalculated my exit at the final chicane and collided heavily with the inside of the left barrier and N64TheStig007 gave me a solid whack in the rear which allowed TTR_joe90 past him but not enough speed to pass me as we started lap 2. I outbraked myself a little at Turn 1 which bunched the three of us up again, and we ran nose to tail though Turn 2 and down to Turn 3 where we passed bjh1012 who was parked on the outside barrier.

[​IMG]
    Mustafur chasing down S_CLOSE, OverDrivve and emmo46

I think N64TheStig007 must have thought his horn was a DRS button cause he was using it on all the straights. Funnily enough it seemed to be working cause I could not shake him. Lap 3 I outbraked myself again but alot worse this time into Turn 1 and put myself into the wall allowing N64TheStig007 and TTR_joe90 past. Just before I could get going again, bjh1012 came in hot on the brakes and T-boned me back into the wall again. He let me back past and followed me around for a couple of corners till he ran wide at Turn 4 and dropped back. TTR_joe90 and N64TheStig007 were about 3 secs ahead but N64TheStig007 made a mistake at Turn 5 after the long left, then decided to use his handbrake for brakes into Turn 7 running wide and allowing me to pass on the inside. He then drove into the pits and I passed Mustafur as he pitted putting me in 5th with a 2-3 sec gap to TTR_joe90 ahead. I pitted end of lap 5 and Mustafur repassed me as I pitted, then N64TheStig007 come past with his DRS on as I exited. N64TheStig007 was just mucking about now with his hand brake which was quite amusing but also frustrating as he was still going faster than me!?!

[​IMG]
    emmo46, S_CLOSE and OverDrivve

Lap 7 TTR_joe90 came out just ahead of us and we slowly reeled him in. By the end of lap 8 we were right with him. N64TheStig007 got past after Turn 1 and I managed a pass with a better run onto the straight to start lap 10.

[​IMG]

N64TheStig007 really chucked it into Turn 1 and I gave him a little tap on his driver door which actually helped him around the corner, but TTR_joe90 got a better run on me up the hill and got past me. Managed to outbrake him at Turn 3 and passed around the outside, then N64TheStig007 messed up Turn 7 slid sideways into the outside wall allowing me and TTR_joe90 past.

[​IMG]

N64TheStig007 got an awesome run out of the final chicane and passed both of us start of the final lap, only to hit his handbrake just near the pit exit(?) which let me get back past and nearly TTR_joe90 but he held him off. N64TheStig007 was rubbing me in most corners looking for a way past and using all the DRS he had left but could not get back past and I finished in 6th.

An entertaining battle but would have been better if we were fighting for good positions.
    Congrats to the podiums again.
    See ya'll Sunday.
    Mustafur, emmo46 and JonoStan96 like this.
  4. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Here are my final 3 laps behind a drifting N64TheStig007.

5. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I was a wild bastard here! That was an awesome overtake at 3:25! ;)
    Ad2mny likes this.
  6. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Excellent report again Ad, it was an eventful night.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  7. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    How do you put your replays on Youtube, i wouldn't mind making a video as well.
  8. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    I cheated and used my iPhone mounted on my wheel bench. I know there is a way to digitally record it I just don't have the technology
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  9. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Plus you need an account, which is free to set up
  10. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Good fun last week - nice work on the write up Ad thx
    Now time to get my cars in order...don't think i have the bmw so will have to get my head around that bloody UDC.
    see you all sunday
    Ad2mny likes this.
  11. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    I made a video with my Samsung S3 its almost finished uploading ill post it up as soon as its up.
  12. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Emmo can send you one Joe, just ask. Everyone else might want to take a quick look in their garage as well.
  13. bjh1012

bjh1012 Bruce Hale Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    bjh1012
    Good work on write up & pictures / vid on the races Ad
    Only have the one BMW Joeninety cheers bj
    Ad2mny likes this.
  14. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    I Didn't save any replays for the last round, but this is from the Mustang race in Laguna where I started last, I filmed my entire first stint before I pitted.
    JonoStan96 and Ad2mny like this.
  15. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  16. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    what do you mean?

I think you mean how the brakes flicker on, thats because my peddles are stuffed, I need new peddles.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  17. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I'll send Joe a BMW tonite.
  18. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  19. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    My accelerator does the same thing, which means i have to brake earlier.
  20. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Doesn't seem to be slowing you down too much ;)
    Ad2mny likes this.