GT5 World tour series to fill gap after Season 11

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by emmo46, May 3, 2013.

1. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Really enjoying this series....i'm trying cars that have sat in my garage for years and have never been driven.
    Thx for the Beemer!
    Ad2mny likes this.
  2. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Err... Bad news guys. Thanks to other commitments, I might not be able to finish a school assignment in time for the races tomorrow. For now, I'm still in, but if not, I'll let you know and I'll send you the M3 back, emmo.
    Sorry fellas.
  3. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I hope you do make it, but if not don't sweat, I don't need the M3 back, I have plenty of them left.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  4. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    You're welcome Joe, that's what appealed to me about a series like this, you get to race many different cars.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  5. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Cars run in, bring on the finals;)
  6. zampli

zampli Team Driver

Very sorry emmo, I may miss tonight as well.
    Haven't really felt like racing in a while since I stopped playing regularly due to work after school, same with today, just not feeling it.
    Same thing happening in my F1 league as well, haven't played GT in two weeks either.
    Have to try and get back into it for Sunday Series soon, I'm very sorry emmo, it was great to race with the other divs as well in the two weeks I was there. Trust me, I'd normally try my hardest to be there, but really can't be bothered tonight, have some other work as well to catch up on as well between now and bed. I might be on PSN later, but won't join you tonight, thanks for the races anyway.
  7. OverDrivve

OverDrivve Rookie

PSN ID
    OverDrivve
    Hey guys I wont be starting tonight, I may be on later to catch at least 1 race but not sure yet
  8. WAC

PSN ID
    3 down...bugger
  9. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Yeah, you wont be seeing me on track tonight, I'm absolutely gutted as these 3 tracks are 3 of my strongest... :(
  10. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Thanks for putting this together Emmo, was good fun. Mustafur killed it last night, and few guys nabbed their first podiums. Well done Sparkles and Close.

Look forward to seeing you boys on track again soon.
  11. WAC

PSN ID
    What a hoot that was last night - great way to finish the series :cool:
    Monza in the 458 was a race i would love to repeat - that first right hander was a hold your breath moment every lap.
    Last race at Nurg was awesome in the M3 - Ad2mny had a huge lag smash at T1 which had my entire car flashing red damage!
    Finally caught up to the main pack which saw Mus & Anon trying to find a way pass Emmo for quite a few kilometers.
    Good racing guy's - was a pleasure!
    Congtz on a great series Emmo!
  12. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanx Anon and Joe, I'm glad you enjoyed it, I know I sure did and I'm very keen to put something similar together for the future. We'll see how the remainder of the year pans out in GT5, if I get a chance I will run one before we go to GT6, if not there will be plenty of new cars and tracks in GT6 to put together an interesting series.
  13. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Congratulations to Mustafur for the outright and Div 1 series victories. With Zamps and N64 away it was a good chance for us lesser mortals to pick up an outright podium and the top Div 2 runners did just that. Unfortunately when I topped Div 2 at Monza Sparkles put in a sensational run to take the final outright podium from me. Congrats to Sparkles for the top Div 3 position in the outright class and to Bj for the Div 3 series win. Great runs to the podiums from Close and Joe, Close rattled the Div 1 guys cages at Monaco and Joe gave them a run for the money at the ring, great work. The other guys in Div 2 gave me a free kick into the Div 2 series win by missing a week each and Ad2 seemed to have worse luck than even me. He was lapping Monza like a champion on Friday night and I'm sure he was expecting and deserved a better rsult there. He was looking real good until the curva grande sand grabbed him.
  14. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Code:
    MONACO RESULTS
      11 laps FERRARI CALIFORNIA
      Posn  Driver  Race Time  F/Lap
      01  Mustafur  17:32.128  1:41.605  1st  **
      02  S_Close  -19.328  1:43.372  4th
      03  Anon666  -23.261  1:42 131  2nd
      04  TTR_Joe90  -24.991  1:42.335  3rd
      05  emmo46  -25.228  1:44.194  6th
      06  Sparklehead83  -39.055  1:44.775  7th
      07  ad2mny  -39.167  1:44.010  5th
      08  bjh1012  -1:02.785  1:45.822  9th
      09  Overdrivve  - 1 lap  1:45.588  8th

Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
  15. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    MONZA RESULTS
    11 Laps FERRARI 458 ITALIA
    Posn Driver
    01 Anon666
    02 Mustafur
    03 Sparklehead83
    04 emmo46
    05 S_Close
    06 ad2mny
    07 TTR_Joe90
    08 bjh1012
    09 Overdrivve
    Times to be added later.
  16. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    NORDSCHIEFE RESULTS
    3 Laps BMW M3 '04
    Posn Driver
    01 Mustafur
    02 Anon666
    03 TTR_Joe90
    04 emmo46
    05 Sparklehead83
    06 bjh1012
    07 S_Close - 1 lap
    08 ad2mny - 3 laps DSC
    Times to come later.
  17. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Monaco report
    I qualified 6th and got a reasonable start but as I got to the apex of the first turn I was tapped hard in the back and it catapulted me across the corner into the outside wall, Bj who was outside of me had nowhere to go and got a collision penalty. I gathered it up and was running 8th ahead of poor Bj and soon caught up with Ad2 who was dogging Sparkles and they were both closing on Overdrivve.

We ran as a four car train for a couple of laps until Overdrivve went too deep into the chicane after the tunnel and went straight on into the wall on the right and careened across into the wall on the left at the exit. Ad2 who had managed to pass Sparkles before this couldn't avoid Overdrivve and the bump slowed him enough for Sparkles to pass him before the left leading to the pool complex. I couldn't find a way by and kept accidently bumping Ad2 on corner entry so at the end of lap 4 I pitted to avoid causing Ad2 an accident.

Sparkles and Ad2 carried on to pit at the end of lap five and my earlier stop gave me the clear track to pass them while they were in the pits. That put me in fifth behind Mustafur, S_Close having a great run and a scrabbling Anon and Joe. I could see Anon and Joe ahead but couldn't gain so I settled down to run to 5th place ahead of a still battling Sparkles and Ad2. Bj and Overdrive seemed to have some misadventures and finished 8th and 9th.

Ad2mny likes this.
  18. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Monza Report
    I started 5th on the reversed grid and got a good start to run up the inside of Bj to follow Ad2 into the curve grande for the first time. I followed Ad2 around until Sparklehead passed me out of Ascari, I dived up the inside of him at the parabolica but my narrow entry led me to run a little wide and I had two wheels in the grass, I managed to hold it together but lost momentum and almost got cleaned up by the Anon/Musta steam train as it barrelled past me onto the main straight. S_Close also caugth me on the straight and I followed him to the first chicane where i accidently gave him a little tap and that pushed him a little wide and got him a time penalty, I waited for him between the Lesmos and we pressed on I think in 6th and 7th.
    We caught up with Joe and S_Close managed to pass him before S_close ran into the sand between the lesmos and let Joe and I through. Joe and I continued to battle until at the end of lap five he ran into the sand at the parabolica. I pitted immediately and came out in fourth behind Sparkles who had been giving the Div 1 boys a hard battle up front. I couldn't catch Sparkles and was safely ahead of S_Close so kept it on track to claim the Div 2 win and 4th outright.
    Anon and Mustafur had a neck and neck finish for 1st and 2nd and Sparkles had a sparkling run to 3rd, well done. Ad2 had been running up front with Mustafur and Anon but a too fast narrow entry into the curve grande as he ran in there inside Anon had him building sand castles. He eventually came in 6th.
    PS: no sand for me this time.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  19. WAC

PSN ID
    Quote/" a scrabbling Anon and Joe"
    Your not wrong Emmo!...towards the end there it was getting abit crazy..god knows how you drive a F1 car around there!
    Ad2mny likes this.
  20. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Nordshleife Report
    I started 5th again here as Overdrivve realised he didn't have an M3 and didn't start this race ( a shame as I still had about 6 spares). Ad2 got a great start to get to turn 1 first but a lag spike had him turn sideways infront of the pack. In the confusion I managed to sneak through to follow Bj to quiddelbacher hohe where I passed him running down to the bridge to take the lead. Poor Ad2 gathered it up and pressed on for acouple of corners but his lagging was causing mayhem and he pulled over to the side and exited.
    I soon had Anon and Mustafur chewing at my rear bumper and I made sure I hit my apexes and got my braking right to lead them all the way around to the long straight towards the pits. I got onto the straight with what I thought was a big enough lead to prevent them drafting me but Anon, Mustafur and Joe came past me like I was standing still, Joe was on the outside through the fast kink and ran a little wide to drop back. I followed Anon into the final right hander before the pit entrance but ran wide and clouted the wall, from there I wobbled across to the pit entrance but ended up head first into the pit entry wall. By the time I got it straightened and exited the pits I was back behind Mustafur who hadn't pitted, Anon and Joe who had, and Sparkles who hadn't.
    I closed on Sparkles and roughed him up a little and I think he let me through because he could see how keen I was to pass. He caught me again and showed me he was also keen to pass and got me at exmuhle but then ran wide at bergwerk and let me and S_Close, who had caught up with us, through. I led S_Close along the back straight but went in too deep at streilstrecke (the corner before the karussell) and let S_Close Sparkles and bj through. I knew the three immediately in front of me had still to pit so I chased after them and passed bj as he had a moment and caught S_Close and followed him to the long straight where I drafted past him.
    As I passed the pit entry I expected S_Close to pit but he didn't, I initially thought I had been wrong and he had pitted before and I was actually in a race with him til the end. But he realised he hadn't pitted and pulled over to the side to wait out the finish. After all the pit stops were completed I found myself in a lonely 4th with Musta. Anon and Joe battling for the win ahead. I managed to spin a couple of times on the last lap but maintained my lead over Sparkles and bj who followed on in 5th and 6th. Close earned 7th after sitting at the side of the track for the last lap.