Would you like to replace a track with Dragon Trail Gardens for Season 3?

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 30, 2018.

?

Would you like to replace a track with Dragon Trail Gardens for Season 3?

Poll closed May 5, 2018.
  1. Autodrome Lago Maggiore GP

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Kyoto Driving Park Yamagiwa

2.3%
  3. Dragon Trail Seaside

9.3%
  4. Mount Panorama

2.3%
  5. Nurburgring 24h

37.2%
  6. Tokyo Expressway Central Outer Loop

41.9%
  7. Blue Moon Speedway Infield A

4.7%
  8. don't replace

2.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Suzuka, I don't understand what everyones issue with the entire Nurburgring is. The greatest circuit in the world and everyone seems intimidated by what? It's length? It's difficulty? I'm confused
  2. CAB77

CAB77 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    To many corners for my little brain to remember. Plus this car on that track feels like the suspension is just 2 planks of 2 x 4.
    xlxy90 likes this.
  3. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Personally, I actually like the track, when the car is suited to the track. However this car was bouncing across the track from being way to low, making any adjustment to your position on the track a do or lawnmower exercise. Not something I find enjoyable. If the car was tuned, then perhaps it would have been an option.
  4. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Parts of the nurburg are good. As for the greatest circuit on the world. "Just cause there old doesnt make them classics"
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  5. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Having the car spin on a dime every time you enter the Karussel isn’t a very enjoyable driving experience lol.
  6. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
  7. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Suzuka Reverse
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
  8. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    :D:D:D
  9. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Suzuka

Reverse for Gardens.
  10. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    It's not a race track, most of the track can barely fit two cars.
  11. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Maybe not in your case :p
  12. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    A great many people think the Isle of Man TT is mental and downright dangerous.

But every single year, year after year. Racers go there to take on the challenge, the frustration and overcome fears.

Then there are those that go “oh no, can’t be doing that, that’s just silly.”

That people’s is why people pay money even, to go to the Nurburgring, a great many lounge room racers like ourselves do it. Pack up the wife and kids borrow money if they can’t save. Then turn up rain hail and shine and take on the challenge. My mate took his wife on his bucket list and it’s on mine too.

As like the Isle of Man TT is the nirvana for bikes (and looneys on side cars), Nurburgring is ours the tin top brigades nirvana.

Find the gap where you can fit two then. However judging by all the carry on’s in div1 it seems they can’t find the gap even on “a real race track” LoL

Perhaps the track is not the problem but the driver is.

Oh and by the way stay off the curbs. It makes a hell of difference.
    Last edited: May 1, 2018
  13. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    Definately Gardens reverse. I was going to take Riskys word for it...but have a go yourself, i guess the description of ït flows better" works...but it is so much more than that! Great track in reverse, not so much fun forwards.

Would be nice to Include Tokyo at some point...but this track in this car seems like a recipe for single file racing or many racing incidents that won't be viewed as such. Bring back R246 please PD!

Suzuka.

Nurb 24H is currently 2nd place, which I missed in season 1 and would love to get a ROOZ race there...but this car is built for different tracks...and racing at Suzuka would be a great homage to the RL enduro series.
  14. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
  15. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Also if Nurburgring becomes the second track I'd rather it not be replaced by Suzuka so revoke my vote
    Easyprey007 and Noremac like this.
  16. Ozglenn

Ozglenn Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ozglenn0513
    Gardens reverse
  17. pat65

pat65 Professional

PSN ID
    patg65
    Suzuka, but only if Tokyo comes second.Tokyo will be a stewards nightmare. Happy to keep Nurburgring 24h even though I'm crap at it.
  18. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    It is a challenging venue to drive and time attack yes, but in terms of RACING in equal cars, you spend 90% of the 8 minute lap waiting for your opponent to fall off or waiting for the back straight to make a pass. And with the slipstream in this game, you will make a pass. So yes, insane venue that is immensely challenging to take at 10/10ths, but in Div 1, where the guy ahead doesn't fall off particularly often, as a RACING venue, it is pretty meh.
    This is also why I'm not really a fan of Bathurst, the hype about the toughest racing venue in Australia on this frankly insane piece of topography, but all you really do is wait for the back straight and an over the top slipstream to do the job for you.
    In summary; Nurb is over hyped, Bathurst doesn't have to be used every season, divisions have different requirements to provide good racing, and shockingly, different people enjoy different things. But this is why we are having this democratic process to put Suzuka and Gardens Reverse on the calendar.
  19. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    I suppose thats what I like about it. Sure it may not be the best track for racing side by side on the track but it is the ultimate test of a driver in my opinion. If a driver doesn't fall off then all the best to them and if they do then it's just the track biting them back. It also makes those few overtakes not caused by incident to look and feel that much sweeter.
    StigsTC and NAACS like this.
  20. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    Awesome post.

And
    @StigsTC an 8.00 min lap??????
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.