WRC 6 thread

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by stucar17, Oct 6, 2016.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Hey guys,
    Have been approached by Joel Graham from Five Star Games who was keen to see if we might be able to get something going here with the new WRC 6 game due for release soon....

He is also offering us a game for someone to do a review on, looking for improvements and how we could possibly have some sort of rally championship here in our community....

I will need to decide who gets the copy to review, so whoever makes the best case to be the "reviewer" will be getting a copy of the new game to test......

Make your case lads ;)

stu
    Sam D Blacklock and Hatfield like this.
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    When is it released?
  3. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    I've played WRC 1-3 and Number 5 so i have experience with the games so i could highlight any key improvements from one game to the next, i've also competed in their esports competition so i could comment on that development as well from the first season to the second. I'm (as we all are, lets be real) a keen sim driver so i could pick the game apart for it's strengths and weaknesses compared to other leading titles on the market.
    I also already do alot of video work and review work with the site, so i'd like to think i know how to construct an informative piece of writing or media.
    Oh, and my preferred racing number is 6..... WRC 6..... i'm getting desperate here! :roflmao:
    :thumbsup:
  4. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Due for release 14th October
  5. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    graham has replied and given the game is released on the 14th Oct he was keen for this to happen ASAP.....If you are keen to do it then PM me your email, delivery address and other details so i can get him to post it out to you.....

To everyone else, you have to be quick !:p
  6. CTRacing

CTRacing Rookie

PSN ID
    quikasrx7
    Hello,
    Although I'm not experienced as such in sim gaming and may not be the fastest, I do have a love for rallying and can apply my knowledge and experience of rallying towards reviewing this game. I do know how a rallycar reacts throughout stages and how every surface and bump can make the cars attitude alter. I believe I would be able to assist in giving feedback from a hands on perspective as how it's supposed to feel in person.:)
    t_b_williams and SPL Racing like this.
  7. Randm90

Randm90 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Randm90
    Me speak words good
  8. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Hi guys,
    Joel contacted me today with the LAUNCH of WRC6....
    See details below.....hopefully will have the review from @Beau_Albert soon, and see if we can get something happening in this space.

[​IMG]

WRC 6 is released today!

Take part in the FIA World Rally Championship with WRC 6 on consoles and PC!

Sydney (AUSTRALIA), October 14th, 2016 – Starting today, Bigben and Kylotonn Racing Games are inviting Australian players to experience WRC 6, the official World Rally simulation for the 2016 season, on PlayStation®4, Xbox One and PC. Take part in the most demanding motorsport challenge!

Watch WRC 6’s launch trailer: CLICK HERE

WRC 6 offers players a realistic and immersive driving experience as well as a genuine sensation of speed and danger on the roads of all the world’s most famous rallies. The game includes all the hallmarks associated with WRC (drivers, cars and 11 new Super Special Stages reproduced on a 1:1 scale) as well as lots of new features: split-screen multiplayer, spectacular, varied and difficult stages, the eSports WRC Challenge and even more realistic vehicle behaviour.

Come and play the WRC 6 Challenge at Kennards Hire Rally Australia!

WRC 6 fans will be able test their skills in real-world surroundings with the WRC 6 Challenge at Kennards Hire Rally Australia next month. The WRC 6 Challenge will run from Friday 18 November to Saturday 19 November at locations in the WRC service park and Destination NSW Super Special Stage in Coffs Harbour.

The fastest WRC6 Challenge competitor each day will win a $1300+ prize pack comprising a copy of WRC 6, a PlayStation®4 Pro console and a set of top Thrustmaster® racing wheels and pedals and more. WRC 6 will be running on Next Level Racing's top of the line GTultimate V2 cockpit's which are the same simulators supplied to professional's for driver training.

The prize will be presented at the end of the rally on the official finish Podium, before thousands of spectators. Terms and conditions will be revealed on Rally Australia’s website in the coming weeks.

WRC 6 is available on PlayStation®4, Xbox One, and PC.

For more information, please visit www.wrcthegame.com

· Watch WRC 6’s reveal trailer: https://youtu.be/2HNKlHUrVbc

· Click here for a bunch of WRC 6 images: http://bit.ly/29FlLlb

· Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Youtube !
  9. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Review will be out tonight! I hope... it's a little too much fun :p If theres any specific questions you have as well let me know and i'll include it in my post tonight! :thumbsup:
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  10. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    The differences between virtual racing and real racing get smaller with every passing title release, yet one factor a lot of games can't get right is the fear factor and the unpredictability of the sport, yet WRC 6 has proven not only can it be done but it can be done incredibly well.
    The game immediately throws you into a tutorial which in real-time adjusts the driving assists, difficulty and handling model specifically to your skill level, giving you what it recommends best for you. However these can all be changed entirely to your hearts content as well, but it is a fantastic edition which allows the newer drivers to get to grips with a 300+ hp rally car, whilst the sim-racing fanatic can turn all assists off and use the simulation handling model, which has improved drastically from WRC 5.
    Although it might not be a 'Hardcore Simulator' like some people go for, it is much, much more Simulation based than previous titles and the car reacts exactly how you would expect. Most importantly though, the handling model is incredibly fun over every terrain and you can feel everything through the Wheel. You can feel the rear of the car step out on a patch of ice at Monte Carlo, you can feel the tires struggling for traction over the loose gravel of Portugal, you can feel the wheel get light as you launch your S-WRC car too fast over a crest, finding yourself testing the games damage model just seconds later, which may i add is a major improvement over previous titles, which is saying a lot!
    The Game features all the game modes we've come to love, ranging from Quick Race, Multiplayer, Online time trials, the WRC E-Sports competition which will begin in early 2017, and of course the Career Mode where you can lose hours at a time very quickly in the sheer depth of it. Starting off as a rookie in the J-WRC, you fight against all the official drivers of the 2016 season to make a name for yourself, slowly getting opportunities to sign bigger and better contracts as you climb the ranks, aiming towards an official WRC contract, and then to go on to chase the dream of becoming WRC Champion.

By your side the whole time throughout your adventures in WRC 6, literally, is your co-driver who is literally your eyes for each and every stage. Paying attention to him is the difference between a podium, or ending up with your rally car as a tree ornament. Although sometimes the Pace Notes can be a little optimistic, which is the games only minor flaw. However overall they are incredibly solid and the co-driver doesn't miss pace notes anymore like has been a downfall of previous titles, showing the developers are constantly striving for improvements.

The Weather effects bring me back to my opening statement however, there is no game, and i mean this, not a single game out there in the Racing Genre that does Heavy Fog effects better than WRC 6 right now. In Career Mode i was tasked with a night stage in the fog at Finland, and i can tell you, it was terrifying. Every corner i had to brake on instinct, had to put one hundred percent trust in my co-driver that the next corner was in fact possible in 5th gear, as i turned into the corner, hoping i'd see the other side of the corner in one piece. The moment you saw a tree coming a bit too close to your car, it was too late. It was genuinely one of the best experiences i have had on a Rally Game ever, it required complete focus, and i love that. Those who are new to the series, you picked a brilliant time to get a WRC game, because nothing will get you more hooked on this title, then seeing that finish line after one of the toughest stages of your life, to find out, you had the fastest stage time.

The game handles very well on the PS4 with virtually zero performance issues. The game was released today in Australia and well, i have to say i definatley recommend it. It exceeded my expectations dramatically. It's fun, it's fast, it's down right brilliant.

My biggest possible thank you to Joel Graham and the team at Five Star Games, and to the Raceonoz.com site for this opportunity to get my hands on the most polished game in the WRC series to date.
  11. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    nice write-up. Looks like all that news practice is paying off ;)
  12. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-
    Is there any 'Game Mode' that will be able to run ROOZ online events?
    In an online time trial room, with a ROOZ group, or is it just World Wide stuff like GT.?
    Or is that where the WRC E-Sport competition comes into play.?
  13. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    There are private lobbies for up to 8 people to compete in an entire Rally which would definatley be able to be used for ROOZ. Because its based off Stage times too, if we had more than 8 people we could still combine the end of rally overall rallies to create a grid of 16 or more in a championship so there are certainly options when it comes to a ROOZ event in the near future
    arakasi- likes this.
  14. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    was there a vid ?
  15. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    No, but i could do one if you wanted? Plenty of free time at the moment
    stucar17 likes this.
  16. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    would be great, joel saw your review, and ironically i was looking at it when i got an email from him....

if you could run down how we might be able to get a ROOZ league going on it would be great
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  17. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    @beau how is this travelling ?
  18. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Video will be uploading by late tonight, i'll be showing off how a league could work for the site and some other things as well.
  19. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Sorry Stu, no way i can record a video at this hour of the night. Got home from Year 12 Graduation later than expected. Will be done tomorrow or else you can ban my account. So, it'll be done 110% basically! Apologies for the delay
  20. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Hey guys, here is a video review of WRC6, and also some pondering thoughts on how we could get this game running a league here on the site