GT - Future Seasons ideas thread

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    It seems everyone is very very keen for all the possibilities within GT Sport to create strategy etc for the league racing....

So let's get them all put down here!!!

Suggest anything you would like to see in future seasons for GT Sport League racing at ROOZ
    Spidey_11 and Zachery like this.
  2. TheMugsy

TheMugsy Rookie

PSN ID
    EpicRedRocket
    I think having to use 2 compounds in a race would add some excitement and strategy, a bit like current F1.
    The two compounds are predetermined prior to the race, with the same tyre used by all for qualifying.
    Participants are free to start on whatever tyre of the two options available, and have to have a mandatory tyre change to the other compound during the race.
    I'd imagine the tyre wear value would need to be adjusted to ensure degradation and force a pit stop, and also provide an additional challenge in tyre management and dealing with degradation.
    Fuel as it is as the moment can be managed through the HUD.
    Spidey_11, Zachery and arakasi- like this.
  3. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-
    Plus one to this.
    Tyres need to wear, causing you to pit, which still allows the fuel saving strategy alongside.
    Zachery likes this.
  4. CAB77

CAB77 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    I agree that tires need to wear more. I'm not against opening up to all tire compounds with x3 wear. So reward for softs of speed but they are done in a short time. Must use 2 different compounds during race. Start on what compound you qualify with. Fuel at x2 this way fuel saving is still part of strategy as well.
    pat65 and Zachery like this.
  5. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Sprint rounds have reverse grids for second race. Finishing order from race 1 flipped for race 2 to encourage overtaking and getting everyone to experience either front of the grid or back on the grid.

Could spice up the points tables also. Or you set the reverse grid race at half points.
  6. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    isnt that how sprint rounds are already? or is it just Pcars sprint rounds that do that?
  7. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Thankfully the tyre model is such an improvement that the tyres actually behave as they should, I’m sure we all remember the Impreza GT300 season where soft tyres on 1-2 on the fronts would still lap faster than fresh hards, quite ridiculous.

I’m pumped for softer tyres, more grip, more fun!
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    it already works that way. reverse grid second race but only worth half points
    Spidey_11 and Zachery like this.
  9. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Well I’m happy :). I’ll carry on then lol
    Zachery likes this.
  10. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I know people will jump down my throat for suggesting a faster car but seriously, do yourself a favour and drive the Bugatti VGT Gr.1 on medium tyres. One of the best and well balanced cars I’ve ever experienced.
    CaptainRisky21 likes this.
  11. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    I will have to agree here, surprisingly fun
  12. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    Haven't driven it but will definitely vote for a softer compound.
  13. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I drove the porsche 919 in one of the last driving missions and that was a blast too
  14. CaptainRisky21

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    That mission was a doozy
  15. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    Also in agreement, quick, fun and easy to drive
  16. CaptainRisky21

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Another idea: how about we qualify in the same car we are going to race in? We could do it in time trial so people that will run a tune can do so and there will be less drivers in the wrong div for their pace.
    Kieran_B33 likes this.
  17. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    I was thinking about that the other day... even if we use the meet and greet to properly place people, however the current formula has been used for so long (I have been here 3 years) and I have only seen it changed for the new game. It normally gives mostly accurate results... Just got to remember this is season 1 of a brand new game.
  18. CaptainRisky21

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    And that is why this thread was made, to suggest different ideas. Although im not complaining about my placement, been pretty even on pace with the div 2 boys
    Kieran_B33 likes this.
  19. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

Is there a reason why full damage is not implemented? Rewards consistent drivers, I noticed a few drivers who are much faster than others but crash a lot, but with no consequences. *prepares to be shot down*
    Viperzed likes this.
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    lag mainly

I have run in a series with full damage before. But when a little bit of lag ruins your whole night, you can see why we don't run it

I did run a community series with full damage at one point which went well...

another option could be to run full damage but with something like 2 mandatory pitstops. This means that if you do get damage from lag, you have the option to pit to repair and your time loss is minimised
    skintsaint likes this.