Thrustmaster Thrustmaster potentiometer problem

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting' started by Kart-No-1, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Hi Fellas

I have received a response from Thrustmaster re a bulk/group buy on the potentiometers for their pedals as we have discussed above. Could anyone that wants them please advise me of the model pedals you have and which pots you require as well as the quantity of each you need. Something like this

T3PA Pro
    Gas - 2
    Brake - 2
    clutch -1

as well as your location post code so I can work out a rough postage price.

I would like to have this sorted and a return email sent off by the end of the week so please advise as soon as you can.

I will send a message off to them advising numbers and then will have to get payment into my account prior to ordering them.

Cheers boys
    Kart

[​IMG]
    NAACS and garyw61 like this.
  2. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Thanks for that Kart.

T3PA Pro

Gas -1
    Brake - 1
    Clutch - 1

Cheers.
  3. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    T3PA Pro
    Gas = 1
    Brake = 1
    Clutch = 1
    But whats the cost and how can i pay @Kart-No-1
  4. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    aLCOHOL
  5. POPPINFRESH1234

POPPINFRESH1234 Team Driver

PSN ID
    PoppinFr3sh987
    Is this a common problem? Should I be buying spares?
  6. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    How many years before they would need replacing? Maybe I need spares too?
  7. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    My brake lasted just over 15 months
  8. Telum

Telum Team Driver

PSN ID
    familiagtr
    T3PA
    Accelerator = 1
    Brake = 1
    Clutch = 1
    post code - 2906
    Props Kart
  9. Killercarlcox69

Killercarlcox69 Professional

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    T3PA Pro

Gas -1
    Brake - 1
    Clutch - 1
    ;)
  10. Jim_aka_The_Man

Jim_aka_The_Man Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jim_aka_TheMan
    @George do you need spares for your pedals?
    George likes this.
  11. CAB77

CAB77 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    T3PA Pro
    Gas - 2
    Brake - 2
  12. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Hi Guys

Got this reply from Thrustmaster last night re the replacement of the pots. As expected they will need soldering in. Seems like the one’s that are available suit the Pro pedals. They can be adapted to fit the standard T3PA's by stripping back the original ribbon cable and soldering the wires from the cable on the new pot to the ribbon. I suspect that the original wire could be unsoldered from the old pots and the ribbon cable soldered to the new pot. If your all good with this @Telum I will proceed. Don't know what the big deal is we all have to resolder the new pots in anyway just that yours is not as per the original wiring. Their response is below.

We thank you for your reply.

We can assist you with these replacements but for the T3PA pedal set (not the Pro series) there is a minor drawback. The stock pots are linked to the main PCB via a ribbon which, at the end, has a socket which can simply be plugged in the PCB. The parts we can send to you are the ones for the PRO version and those come with stripped wires. The user of the T3PA will have to cut the ribbons from his pedal set, stripped the wires, twist them together, solder them and then insulate the exposed wires before reassembling the pedal set.

As for the Pro edition all cables come with stripped wires as they have to be soldered on the main PCB - see attachment. Again we could also unsolder the old pots from the original wiring and solder the new pot to the old wiring.

I have a copy of the instructions that they sent me but I have no idea how I can post them to the forum. If anyone wants a copy prior to me ordering please send me your email address and I will email it to you.

I do not have firm pricing yet but based on NAACs info, pots will be about $11.00 each (This includes GST that I will get charged under the new importing laws). Post will be about $3.75 per person from overseas to me and Aust post to you including a post pack is about $10.00. So in round figures about $47.00 each if you’re getting 3 pots as most are. If you were going it alone would cost about $68.00 so saves $21.00.

I hope to reply to them this weekend.

Cheers

Kart
    Killercarlcox69 and garyw61 like this.
  13. CAB77

CAB77 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    I'm down.
  14. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Nice work kart :thumbsup:
  15. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    SOLD
    One of each please mate for the T3PA pro pedal set sent to 2906 just let me know what I need to transfer to your bank or PayPal whatever works
  16. Killercarlcox69

Killercarlcox69 Professional

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
  17. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    I am also interested Cheers
  18. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Better tell me what you wznt easyprey. I am ordering very soon. Model of pedals and pots required.
    Cheers
  19. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    T3PA Pro
    Gas - 2
    Brake - 2
    Let me know how to pay.
    Kart-No-1 likes this.
  20. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    OK guys, I have the reply from overseas. The saving is not going to be as much as I hoped although it will still save a few dollars. The price of the pots is 6 euro each or $9.50 aussie but they are charging me 44 euro, $69,50 aussie, for postage to Australia instead of the 22 euro I budgeted for due to the bigger package. Postage here is about $9.each
    To make this as fair as i can to everyone, regardless of where we live i propose we all pay an equal share of the entire postage both from overseas as well as locally. So the price for those wanting 3 pots is $44.20 and those wanting 4 pots is $53.70. This way we all save about $20 each.
    If everyone is happy to go with this i will advise my account details in a private convo. I need everyone to commit to this and get payment before i order these as if anyone pulls out the whole exercise will be not worth it.
    So can i get a confirmation from everyone that you are all ok with this and good to proceed.
    Cheers
    Kart
    garyw61 likes this.