Logitech G25 Shifter Reverse Gear Fix

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting' started by KoAStR, Oct 3, 2015.

1. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Hi Guys I recently fixed a faulty reverse gear in my ~6yo Logitech G25 shifter.
    It cost me 60c (for a new tactile switch from Alltronics) and an hour or two of time so well worth it! Works like a charm.

I couldn't find any useful info for troubleshooting/fixing this online so just jumped in and pulled it apart. For anyone else having issues, there is a PCB on the bottom of the shifter assembly that will be where you need to look. I took some pics so maybe it will help someone else out.
    [​IMG]
    I replaced the little tactile switch on the PCB (which gets pressed when you push down on the shifter). But that still wasn't enough.
    [​IMG]
    I guess while the switch was failing and I pushed it harder to get reverse, the pressure may have strained the PCB and fractured the connections. I couldn't see any breaks but current wasn't getting through. Pretty easy solution; bypass the PCB with new (oversized!) wire and some dodgey soldering :D
    [​IMG]
  2. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    @Parkour also did this fix some time ago. Unfortunately image links above are broken but I can re-upload them if you're interested.
    Krastooh likes this.
  3. Krastooh

Krastooh New Recruit

Hi KoAStR, I'm sorry to reply on this post but I'm kind of desperate. I need to fix the PCB of my G25 shifter but I'm unable to find any fix on the web. Can you please re-upload the image links? Thank you in advance.
  4. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Hi mate all good! Sorry I don't have the pictures anymore. However I did some googling and found some similar images that should help.

You need to try and isolate the problem, there could be faulty wiring, switch, or PCB connections. For me it was the PCB.
    I fiddled around wiggling wires etc with the unit connected to the PC and the device properties input test window on screen to eliminate any faulty wire connections - If it's fatigued wiring you should see an intermittent signals when wiggling wires. If it's not that then continue to look at the PCB.

Find this PCB on the bottom of your shiftier shaft. Pushing down on the shifter shaft triggers a switch on this is that modifies the 6th gear position to reverse.
    [​IMG]
    This is the other side of the PCB with the tactile switch and plug. Inspect and replace if either seems damaged. You can pick them up from electronics stores and will have to solder on.[​IMG]
    If everything else seems ok use multi-meter or something to see if current is passing through the PCB. If it's not (or if you can't test) then solder on a wire that bypasses the printed circuit path like this to see if it resolves the issue.
    [​IMG]

Hope that helps. Good luck. :)
    Krastooh and Hatfield like this.
  5. Krastooh

Krastooh New Recruit

Thank you KoAStR, I can't explain how much I appeciate your help. I will post the solution here when I will fix my shifter's PCB. Have a great day!
    KoAStR likes this.