JonoStan96

Discussion in 'Super ROOZ Members' started by stucar17, Nov 30, 2018.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    @JonoStan96 has been a passionate ROOZ member since he joined the craziness in January of 2013.

With over 7900 posts, and almost that many events entered, set up, helped with and commented on, please forgive me Jono for some of the things that I will inevitably miss.

Jono started his ROOZ ‘career’ in Div 2 of season 10 (GT5) in the Mazda RX7, and had a solid start with a final position of 6th, including pole and fastest laps….. Season 11 in the Tuscan Speed 6 saw him in Div 2 again, and he finished on the podium in 3rd, just 12 points behind series champion Teknique… this season included his first Sunday night race wins….

In Season 12, Jono was promoted to Division 1 (Honda NSX), and had a solid rookie season, finishing 5th in some pretty solid company including Warrior, Rotor, Mustafur and Anon to name just a few.

GT6 hit the shelves and Jono started with a bang in the first season driving the Subaru BRZ GT300. To say he dominated the season, taking his first ROOZ championship, in the company of Natman, Cob and TB, is an understatement. His dominance is shown with 4 wins, 2 seconds and a 4th, add to that 5 pole positions and 3 fastest laps, jono was well and truly on the up.

Season 2, Div 1 he finished 8th with one 3rd place in the Mclaren GTR. Season 3, D1 he was 9th in the Mazda MX5 TC. Season 4 was the Pozzi Camaro and jono struggled in D1 finishing 12th.

After a few more seasons in the Div 1 midfield, Jono found his mojo again in Season 7 in the Subaru Impreza GT300. He finished a hugely commendable 2nd, behind ROOZ legend Warrior, which included a race win at Monza. He backed up in Season 8 (Peugeot LMP) with 3rd in the championship.

Jono became more active again with the New GTSport, and in season 1, in the Porsche 911 RSR, was straight at the pointy end of the field finishing 4th with two 3rd place finishes.. Season 2 was the mustang Gp4 and he missed a few races to finish a distant 14th with only 3 race starts. Season 3 saw the Lexus AU RCF on track, and in a mixed season he finished 8th, running for just 4 rounds…..

He has dabbled in Project Cars and in Season 4 of PCARS 1 he finished 9th in the Ginetta GT4, and in PCARS2 Season 4 in the Mercedes F1 GTR…..

Huge number of GT5/6/ sport community events including his State of Origin series, W.E.T, Numerous endurance events to name just a few.

F1 series organizer 2015 / 2016 / 2017 before the broken game halted a series that Jono is probably most passionate about. Hopefully we see that back on the agenda in the not too distant future.

Jono has helped set up and promote the Bruce Hale series and commemoration events. As you all know Bruce was a much loved member of this community, and jono has made sure that his legacy wont be lost or forgotten.

He has also spent a huge amount of time coming up with BOP series for races where drivers of all levels could be competitive.

Am sure there are things that I have missed, but even from the highlights above, its pretty clear that his enjoyment of racing, and passion he has for the community (even though that passion has seen us but heads a few times!) means he is a worthy inductee to SuperROOZ.

Congratulations.
    WAC, seth123, Mustafur and 19 others like this.
  2. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Congratulations Jono! Great work Stu.
    Hatfield and JonoStan96 like this.
  3. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Congrats Jono! Well deserved. Fast, fair driver with maturity beyond his years.

Great writeup Stu!
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  4. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    Congratulations Jono.
    Now here is a well deserved Entry into Super ROOZ member walk of fame.
    Gr8 Job Stu as always..
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  5. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Congrats Jono
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  6. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    Congrats Super Rooster!
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  7. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-
    Congrats Jono, well deserved
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  8. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    well done you cheeseburger pounding mofo
  9. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Congrats!
  10. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Cheers guys, wowee it’s been over half a decade since I accidently entered the wrong lobby on GT5 then had some idiot called stuart170773 messaging me on PSN about 5 times a day telling me to join some place called raceonoz, at that stage I was just some naive kid dominating random lobbies for :):):):)s and giggles, until I thought lets bite the bullet and see what it’s like... Turns out I’d entered a lobby full of some of the fastest and cleanest drivers I’d encountered yet, spectating a few blokes driving an RX-7 in the wet at Monza.

My car had some canyards on it so I had to buy a new one, rejoined and promptly got my arse kicked by legends such as @zampli, @Anon666, @aussie_man21, @TheStig13 and a couple of others I’m forgetting. I couldn’t believe I accidently stumbled onto a clean community full of Aussies and Kiwis who were all friendly and encouraging. I was hooked from that point on, and won first time out on my favourite track in Div 2, Trial Mountain Reverse. Rest of the season didn’t go so well but rest assured I was back for more.

Almost 6 years later and I think my signature speaks for itself, I’ve had an enormous amount of fun and learnt so much over the years. I thought I was decent in 2013 but ROOZ helped me reach a level where if the temperature is exactly 28.5 degrees and the moon is full, I might just beat warrior! Not to mention the amount of friends I’ve made too, that I think is something very special indeed, along with some of the opportunities sim racing has given me which wouldn’t be possible had it not been for ROOZ.

Having the keys to run an F1 league here was a massive honour and learning curve, it was stressful but very rewarding to have fun again after GT6 got very stale. It’s a shame it ended like it did but when they make the online worse and worse every year it’s no surprise. Hopefully the W.E.T fills that void.

I’m excited to see what the future holds, as these last 6 years have been a pleasure. Thanks guys for everything, and thanks to you Stu for awarding me with a SuperROOZ, and for pestering me all those years ago, it’s been a blast!
    WAC, Peter Wise, Ad2mny and 12 others like this.
  11. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Congrats Mate, Long time coming lmao
    seth123 and JonoStan96 like this.
  12. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Can't believe this hasn't happened sooner. Congrats Jono.
    seth123 and JonoStan96 like this.
  13. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Jono won Super Rooz, he can finally sleep easy :D
    WD little man
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  14. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Extremely overdue, and richly deserved. Now hurry up and win a div 1 title.
    KoAStR and JonoStan96 like this.
  15. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Well done Jono!
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  16. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    With @KeedenMcdonald on the grid hahaha you funny man