GT - Future Seasons ideas thread

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Nov 7, 2017.

1. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    It's kind of self-policing, you can only abuse at your own cost. Is there a chance though that the aliens might blast enough ahead to counter the pit stop time loss?
  2. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I adore the fuel map idea however I tend to believe that significantly advantages T-GT users as a simple dial twist is all that’s needed. Anything else needs several button presses if you like to look at lap times or use the radar. The MFD is fairly clunky unlike F1 2018 for example.

Fuel races are something I’d take 100 times over artificial tyre wear.
    NAACS and xlxy90 like this.
  3. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    However, Nurburgring was crap as not the right amount of laps for fuel mapping and pit stops plural.
  4. LennonLegend1993

LennonLegend1993 Team Driver

With your compounds now showing on replays, could we run the compulsory use of different compounds in a single race?
    Would add a lot more strategy for each race. I feel like ive said this before but couldnt be bothered looking :p
    Noxrai and UrsineSaturn9 like this.
  5. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    +1
  6. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    I actually really enjoyed watching the nations cup races with the mandatory 3 compound rule. Made the races really exciting and unpredictable.
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    don't they run really high wear rates?
    I guess we would have to run high fuel wear to stop someone going 1 lap hard, 1 lap medium and then the rest on softs
  8. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Yep, it was like 16 times wear or something. They were only doing like 15 laps though all up.
  9. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    So downside is a fair bit of testing per track pre season to get the desired race evolution
  10. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I don't like to pre-manufacture race strategies. Better to set parameters around an idea for the way I want a race to go, and then see what creative minds come up with ;)
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  11. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    I would suggest when running slower cars like the Megane, that we should run with enhanced slipstreaming effects. with slow and stable cars, the realistic slipstreaming is just useless and races/overtaking would be more entertaining with enhanced slipstreaming effects. wouldn't be required for high powered cars like the Zonda or P1 because they have more performance/driveability variables and hence higher chances of driver mistakes being made to allow the chasing driver to catchup/pass.
  12. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Oh i agree absolutely. But it would be good to make sure that a soft compound couldn't work any longer than a 1/3 of a race distance, encouraging tyre change. Allowing people to start the race on any compound also spices up the strategy and races
    LennonLegend1993 likes this.
  13. LennonLegend1993

This
  14. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I have been feeling lately like the decline in attendance in our GT Sport league has a few factors in its reasoning.

One reason, is selection. Some drivers prefer to compete in the FIA side of things instead of league racing. The other choice is there are other leagues happening at the same time (GT Sport or otherwise).

Another reason could be, me. I didn't have as much time as I would've liked to setup/test Season 7. I wouldn't mind stepping down for awhile and see how others go running things.

In an effort to unload some of the work, I have come up with an idea for next season (S8).

Super ROOZ Season 8
    There will be a single vote between season ideas from 2 Super Rooz GT Sport participants.
    Their selections will include:
    -Car
    -BHP/Kg
    -Tyre wear
    -Compounds Allowed
    -Compound Rules
    -Fuel Wear
    -Initial Fuel
    -Qualifying regs
    -Approx Race Time (qually/race times can be mixed up, max 1 hr total bar enduro which can be longer)
    -Tracks (7) incl lap count/timer and time of day
    -round types ie sprint/enduro/retro/etc (& order ie round 1 might be sprint)

If one idea wins in a landslide to the other, we can look at 2 completely new ideas for the following season.
    If one idea only wins by a few votes, the losing idea can go up against a new idea for the following season.
  15. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I don't believe you should be blaming yourself. You have done an excellent job as usual. I do think also that you do take a lot on and appreciate you need to step away as it can be very time consuming. I stepped back a little but could now put more effort in. I suspect though with the response I've had to my recent ideas that I am not the best guy to come up with ideas. I am still happy to suggest cars and tracks for season 8 though.
    Aza2672, Noxrai and Buster_Danis like this.
  16. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    the 2 super rooz members have already been approached and accepted. I figured this season was basically a car you really wanted anyway so was going to wait on asking you for a season setup idea
    Buster_Danis and emmo46 like this.
  17. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    :thumbsup:
  18. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    This season so far has been an absolute dream with my hero's car and couple of tracks I really like. (although Red Bull Mini turned out very differently than I imagined). I was a little sceptical about the RM idea but it has been to my advantage actually and has played to my limited strengths.
    Noxrai and Buster_Danis like this.
  19. LennonLegend1993

You do a magnificent job mate. You are definitely not at fault for any lack of attendance.

In saying that, we can appreciate you having to step away for a while and looking forward to what the members think of :)
  20. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Hey mate. Don't be so hard on yourself. I really do appreciate all the effort you put into the series. I can totally understand though that it can eat up you time and you may need a break to re energize.

I now have a fever/flu if it's any consolation. Drove home sunday and realized i was getting sicker and sicker. Wife and i aren't allowed to leave home til friday just in case we realease a zombie virus.
    Buster_Danis and emmo46 like this.