Season V - F1 2019 RACEONOZ Formula One World Championship (PS4)

Discussion in 'Formula 1 PS4 Sunday Night League' started by JonoStan96, Jun 30, 2019.

?

Should we have a Retro Round for Round 4 utilising a Classic Car?

Poll closed Jul 10, 2019.
  1. Yes

66.7%
  2. No

33.3%
  1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  2. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Hi all, please ensure you have left the Season V league and are in Season 5.

At around 5:30 I’ll be making some league adjustments, please keep and eye on your in game email so we have no issues for tonight’s race.
    fezza likes this.
  3. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    Chef Ramsay likes this.
  4. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Believe me that’s priority #1 lol
    Bounty05 likes this.
  5. KeedenMcdonald

KeedenMcdonald Team Driver

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    Wont be racing tonight sorry
  6. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Hi guys I’m going to scrap the whole league concept on the game and just use an unranked lobby from here on out. It’s far too anti user and making changes despite being the sole runner is way too cumbersome and time consuming.
  7. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Fair call man, it seems a bit too clunky. So invutes to room will just go out as per normal?

Cheers
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  8. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    This game maka my head hurty
  9. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    damn I was so slow in this race, got a point at least for 1 stopping
    Chef Ramsay and Russell like this.
  10. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    My highlights video sucks, basically shows me getting punted at t1 by whoever started 3rd, and then the struggle that followed. Not happy to be cleaned up out of pole position, before the exit of the first corner, but hey thays racing.
    Chef Ramsay and JonoStan96 like this.
  11. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    I really enjoyed the race tonight. I feel like the Williams team. But I feel also like I am slowly making little gains lol
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
  12. LITTLEBLACKO942

LITTLEBLACKO942 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    LITTLEBLACKO932 GTP_AussieRacer GTP_RacerOz
  13. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    @Hatfield
    [​IMG]
    Note: Nemo9n and Zharvs score no points.

[​IMG]

Wow awesome start to the season guys, this is as competitive as it’s ever been and we’re only 2 races in! Back to back first time winners too in @Viperzed and @LITTLEBLACKO942, it’s awesome to see.

My Brazil race was a shocker. Shocking preparation, shocking mistakes, shocking speed and a shocking crash.

Canada was much better, again my preparation was less than ideal (more on that later) so I lined up up the back, but I thought if I could stay out of trouble I could give the 1 stop a go. It turned out to be a genius move as I made up places hand over fist. Unfortunately what could have been a miracle victory turned sour after I clouted the wall at Turn 7 on my in lap and broke the front wing. I then picked the wrong tyres for the second stint, the softs were good for about 6 laps at most, and lost the podium place to Mozza as 15 laps were too much of an ask. Huge congrats to Blacko for a fine win. As for the elephant in the room...

Whoever is inviting randoms to the lobby without my permission, it ends now. Completely unacceptable and I will not stand for it. I will not hesitate nuking a race and starting it again mid way through. Especially those that have already been banned from RaceOnOz for causing crap on forums and on track in the past. Whoever it was you are to inbox me before the Monaco GP next week.
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
  14. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    any chance of round 1 results too?
    please list pole and fl if possible
  15. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Brazil is round 1

All info you need is in the results, also we’re giving a point for FL but not pole.
  16. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    my bad, I can't see imgur images at work and missed the second thumbnail might mean both results were posted
  17. Kartdude45

Kartdude45 Rookie

The Racing here is RAW!!
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2019
    JonoStan96 and Chef Ramsay like this.
  18. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    You French PIG!
  19. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Where’d the meme go that was the best advertisment for ROOZ ever
  20. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    DRIVERS BRIEFING Round 3 - Monaco Grand Prix - 39 Laps (Night Race)
    Previous Winner: @JonoStan96
    Please read the following carefully and 'like' it when you have read and understood it.

[​IMG]
    TRACK LIMITS: As per our rules and regs drivers must keep 2 wheels on the ripple strips or white lines at all times. We all make a mistake or 2, but if you are caught "continually and obviously" running outside the track limits to gain advantage you will be penalized by the stewards group.

CONTACT: CONTACT IS TO BE AVOIDED AT ALL TIMES. If you make contact with the car in front and gain an advantage, you MUST REDRESS and give the place back. Failure to do so could result in a penalty from the stewards group.

SWERVING: You are NOT permitted to swerve from side to side on the straights. Drivers may only change direction ONCE on corner entry.

PRE-RACE: You must wait until a call to ready in the PS4 chat. This will be approximately 45 seconds after the F1 intro sequence, more than enough time to setup a race strategy. DO NOT hit X until the ready call is sent.

FORMATION LAP: This season will see the introduction of the formation lap to set the clutch bitepoint and to warm up tyres. Please avoid overtaking other cars and leave space.

TURN 1 LAP 1: You can't win the race at turn 1, but you can certainly lose it. Take care into the first corner and leave plentiful space for other drivers, as this is the most risky part of the race.

PIT LINES: Use the pit lane lines as indicated. Do not charge into the pit lane as you risk damaging your ego and disrupting the race. Commit early to avoid potentially causing a serious accident. Stay within the lines, you may not cut the exit line AT ALL, otherwise you will receive a warning.

PIT STOPS: This season will introduce realistic pit stops. You must slow down to the indicated speed limit otherwise you will earn a stop and go penalty. You must also pull away from the pits using the clutch, and deactivate the pit limiter on the pit exit line. Please stick to your given strategy (in a dry race) to avoid accidently double stacking with your teammate.

BLUE FLAGS: Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. You should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those in your class. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty.

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS: You are to PM myself, @Viperzed & @Hatfield should you want to raise a protest. The main Stewards group thread will have all the necessary info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works.
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

GROUP CHAT: The chat will be used to convey vital information between sessions. Please do not spam the chat during a qualifying or race session unless it is to warn drivers regarding lag.

QUITTING: This is a huge problem in this game, remember in this series, a safety car will bring you back into the fight. As usual, if you need to leave, make sure you retire the car before leaving the lobby. It is also asked that you do not chuck a hissy fit and take out the brake markers. Rage quitting has been far too frequent in the past, affecting the race results. In all ROOZ races you must aim to finish the race and/or not cause problems for those still racing. Please do not exit the race unless you absolutely need to.

RECORD YOUR RACE!: Please remember to record your footage via pre recording it or saving it after the race. If you want to protest anything, we can only act on the info we have in front of us, failure to do so will not enable us to view things from your game perspeective, and with some of the issues we have seen, this could have a massive influence on how the stewards group will view and rule on an incident.
    Russell and Zachery like this.